God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol: you were hoping gow 2 was ps5 exclusive even posting that Sony forecast thing as a hint :mjlol:
foh:mjlol:
on some look guys it says it's not coming to ps4 on it :mjlol:
there are more posts but idc at this point :mjlol:

Even before that we talked about it possibly coming to ps4 though. Like yeah, after you get over the initial shock its kind of whatever. We’re getting the same game

Daps
IGN dropped a GOW story so far about a day ago :patrice:
Something tells me a GOW 2 SOP or Sony event is going to be announced soon w/ a GOW 2 gameplay reveal :whoo:
Santa Monica about to pull of next gen gameplay on last gen hardware, or close to it
Magnitudes better if it were PS5 exclusive just saying :snoop:
Expectations
1) Gameplay will be revealed but will probably be in the form of a 2-5 minute gameplay trailer unless they have a SOP for GOW 2
2) Like I said they will show gameplay that looks close to being next gen but is still limited by the PS4. Basically next gen like but only a preview of what to expect for PS5 exclusive GOW3
3) I expect graphics better than Forbidden West but better than Rift Apart? Maybe on par but w/ different art direction rumors says photo realistic
4) GOW 2 will take place during the 3 years of fimbelwinter, and the final days leading up to Ragnarok. I think they save Ragnarok for GOW3 running exclusively on PS5 hardware. I hope Kratos is still alive so we can know what it is like to play as him with the PS5 hardware in mind. Otherwise it will be Atreus mostly if he becomes the focus after GOW2. I think Kratos dies in GOW3 but if he dies in GOW2 I predict he comes back in another form while we get a glimspe of an older Atreus. Time travel having a role in GOW2 is obvious
5) A huge leap similar to the one from GOW to GOW2. Boss bottles everywhere, more enemies, faster pace, more action and less walking and talking. More enemy variety types, more lively environment like cities filled w/ people, etc.
5) March 2022 release

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
IGN dropped a GOW story so far about a day ago :patrice:
Something tells me a GOW 2 SOP or Sony event is going to be announced soon w/ a GOW 2 gameplay reveal :whoo:
Santa Monica about to pull of next gen gameplay on last gen hardware, or close to it
Magnitudes better if it were PS5 exclusive just saying :snoop:
Expectations
1) Gameplay will be revealed but will probably be in the form of a 2-5 minute gameplay trailer unless they have a SOP for GOW 2
2) Like I said they will show gameplay that looks close to being next gen but is still limited by the PS4. Basically next gen like but only a preview of what to expect for PS5 exclusive GOW3
3) I expect graphics better than Forbidden West but better than Rift Apart? Maybe on par but w/ different art direction rumors says photo realistic
4) GOW 2 will take place during the 3 years of fimbelwinter, and the final days leading up to Ragnarok. I think they save Ragnarok for GOW3 running exclusively on PS5 hardware. I hope Kratos is still alive so we can know what it is like to play as him with the PS5 hardware in mind. Otherwise it will be Atreus mostly if he becomes the focus after GOW2. I think Kratos dies in GOW3 but if he dies in GOW2 I predict he comes back in another form while we get a glimspe of an older Atreus. Time travel having a role in GOW2 is obvious
5) A huge leap similar to the one from GOW to GOW2. Boss bottles everywhere, more enemies, faster pace, more action and less walking and talking. More enemy variety types, more lively environment like cities filled w/ people, etc.
5) March 2022 release

I don't think the PS4 version will hold back the game. It'll just not look as good as the PS5 version and the loading will be longer. And it's not like the PS4 GOW looked ass. They may have to reduce enemy counts on the PS4 version and other effects as well. If those are the compromises for the older gen version, that is fine with me. The stuff cut from the PS4 GOW wasn't due to the system, but time constraints.

still don't see March 2022 unfortunately.

Daps
Even before that we talked about it possibly coming to ps4 though. Like yeah, after you get over the initial shock its kind of whatever. We’re getting the same game
Too bad they started on PS4 first. Would have been unbelievable if it were PS5 exclusive. You and I know this after playing Rift Apart. It had some of the most incredible sequences I have ever experienced. Had a next gen mechanic that created a experience I never had and won't have until another worthy PS5 exclusive comes out. They could have been even more creative and complex in the implementation if they had more time. However, the good news is, if GOW 2 releases March 2022 which seems likely, I could see GOW 3 releasing late 2025 being the big seller for the PS5 Pro w/ 4k/60

Daps
I don't think the PS4 version will hold back the game. It'll just not look as good as the PS5 version and the loading will be longer. And it's not like the PS4 GOW looked ass. They may have to reduce enemy counts on the PS4 version and other effects as well. If those are the compromises for the older gen version, that is fine with me. The stuff cut from the PS4 GOW wasn't due to the system, but time constraints.

still don't see March 2022 unfortunately.
Not completely true. Not every thing they cut was due to time constraints. For example, they were going to implement a mechanic where Kratos can travel to any point in any realm instantaneously, by opening a rift showing where he wants to go. Cory tried to get them to implement that mechanic but it took so long to load they had to cut it completely out the game. That would be only one example. NO ONE can convince me GOW 2 would be not magnitudes better if were PS5 exclusive after playing Rift Apart, a game made in 2 years. They could have created next gen mechanics, ideas, set pieces, sequences. etc. One idea alone with a creative studio leads to a lot of possibilities. Had Insomniac had more time, they could have been even more creative and complex in thier implementation of a creative next gen mechanic w/ the rifts and instant world changing. The problem comes down to Santa Monica not getting the dev kits in time and having already started too much of their development on the PS4. The original rumors pointed to December but stated don't be surprised if it slips to 2022. A 3 month delay doesn't sound unreasonable. I also don't want to see anything from GOW 2 if it's releasing May 2022 at the earliest all the way in July. I think Sony doesn't show GOW 2 unless it is releasing within their desired fiscal period that ends March 2022. Showing GOW2 all the way in July if it releases 2nd half 2022 :mjlol::stopitslime:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not completely true. Not every thing they cut was due to time constraints. For example, they were going to implement a mechanic where Kratos can travel to any point in any realm instantaneously, by opening a rift showing where he wants to go. Cory tried to get them to implement that mechanic but it took so long to load they had to cut it completely out the game. That would be only one example. NO ONE can convince me GOW 2 would be not magnitudes better if were PS5 exclusive after playing Rift Apart, a game made in 2 years. Had Insomniac had more time, they could have been even more creative and complex in thier implementation of a creative next gen mechanic w/ the rifts and instant world changing. The problem comes down to Santa Monica not getting the dev kits in time and having already started too much of their development on the PS4. The original rumors pointed to December but stated don't be surprised if it slips to 2022. A 3 month delay doesn't sound unreasonable. I also don't want to see anything from GOW 2 if it's releasing May 2022 at the earliest all the way in July. I think Sony doesn't show GOW 2 unless it is releasing within their desired fiscal period that ends March 2022

But that's part of what I'm saying, you can have that in the PS5 version, but in the PS4 version give them a loading screen like they did with Spidey riding the subway on the PS4 Spiderman. The big advantages of the 5 is loading times and increased graphical fidelity and effects. You can still do the game on the 4 but wouldn't have those. Rift apart isn't the same game on the PS4 so I get that since it's core to the gameplay.

Daps
But that's part of what I'm saying, you can have that in the PS5 version, but in the PS4 version give them a loading screen like they did with Spidey riding the subway on the PS4 Spiderman. The big advantages of the 5 is loading times and increased graphical fidelity and effects. You can still do the game on the 4 but wouldn't have those. Rift apart isn't the same game on the PS4 so I get that since it's core to the gameplay.
That's my point. PS5 exclusive GOW2 and cross gen GOW2 would not even be close to being the same game.
In terms of the loading don't know how they do that w/ GOW2 given how they set up the game and the world in GOW but we'll see what they come up with. Idk how they would create instant rifts in the PS5 version and then in the PS4 version?
But the bigger picture is cross gen GOW 2 in terms of scope, design, and ideas will be held back by PS4 just like we wouldn't have gotten the experience we got w/ Rift Apart if it were cross gen. It would have been even more complex and creative had Insomniac had the dev ktis longer they started the game not even having the dev kits only what they imagined what the PS5 would be capable of.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That's my point. PS5 exclusive GOW2 and cross gen GOW2 would not even be close to being the same game.
In terms of the loading don't know how they do that w/ GOW2 given how they set up the game and the world in GOW but we'll see what they come up with. Idk how they would create instant rifts in the PS5 version and then in the PS4 version?
But the bigger picture is cross gen GOW 2 in terms of scope, design, and ideas will be held back by PS4 just like we wouldn't have gotten the experience we got w/ Rift Apart if it were cross gen. It would have been even more complex and creative had Insomniac had the dev ktis longer they started the game not even having the dev kits only what they imagined what the PS5 is capable of.

look at Battlefield as an example coming up. Last gen is limited to 64 players and new/current gen is 128.

you'd have to dumb some things down on the last gen version. There's nothing they can do about the loading, but that's more incentive to get a PS5 if you can. If not, deal with a loading screen in the last gen version.

Daps
look at Battlefield as an example coming up. Last gen is limited to 64 players and new/current gen is 128.

you'd have to dumb some things down on the last gen version. There's nothing they can do about the loading, but that's more incentive to get a PS5 if you can. If not, deal with a loading screen in the last gen version.
but battlefield is different since it was next gen first and got ported down. not as bad. gow 2 was limited in design, scope, and ideas having started on ps4 first no way around it. I will say this, it will make gow 2 that more impressive when we see its gameplay. it will be the final technical showcase for the ps4 showing what it is capable of. So I expect cinematic next gen gameply as if it were PS5 exclusive since it's Santa Monica meaning someone would think it were ps5 excluive based off the gameplay alone if you didn't tell them it was cross gen. a good amount of people will also think gow 2 is ps5 exclusive after seeing the gameplay like how some people think Spiderman MM is PS5 exclusive. if at some point the ps5 became the main system for gow2 even having started on ps4 and got ported down (e.g. Cyberpunk on PC downport w/out the Ls ) even better

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Kill Kratos in Ragnorak

have him wake up in a bunker miles under ground in 2026 after a freak act of negligence that reanimates his body, For god of war 4

Atreus runs the world and has become the God of Lies, keeping his father suppressed and contained, by design. Setting monsters on the world from god of war 1-3 plus new enemies in the form of demi god soldiers as a method of creating crisis to maintain power while playing the hero.

Kratos gets a lead on his new situation, escapes military confinement to see a whole new modern world before him and sets out for one last job.

To body his bad ass son

Last edited:
Daps
Kill Kratos in Ragnorak

have him wake up in a bunker in 2026 For god of war 4

Atreus runs the world and has become the God of Lies

Kratos escapes military confinement to see a whole new modern world before him and sets out for one last job

To body his bad ass son
:ehh:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
but battlefield is different since it was next gen first and got ported down. not as bad. gow 2 was limited in design, scope, and ideas having started on ps4 first no way around it. I will say this, it will make gow 2 that more impressive when we see its gameplay. it will be the final technical showcase for the ps4 showing what it is capable of. So I expect cinematic next gen gameply as if it were PS5 exclusive since it's Santa Monica meaning someone would think it were ps5 excluive based off the gameplay alone if you didn't tell them it was cross gen. a good amount of people will also think gow 2 is ps5 exclusive after seeing the gameplay like how some people think Spiderman MM is PS5 exclusive. if at some point the ps5 became the main system for gow2 even having started on ps4 and got ported down (e.g. Cyberpunk on PC downport w/out the Ls ) even better

I do think it's getting ported down from the PS5 to the PS4 version. The loading is going to be faster on the 5, there's nothing that can stop that. How it's handled on the 4 will be interesting.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Kill Kratos in Ragnorak

have him wake up in a bunker miles under ground in 2026 For god of war 4

Atreus runs the world and has become the God of Lies, keeping his father suppressed and contained, by design

Kratos gets a lead on his new situation, escapes military confinement to see a whole new modern world before him and sets out for one last job.

To body his bad ass son

what about the other Gods that we saw mentioned at the end of 4. We going to Egypt for GOW3? :shaq:

Daps
I do think it's getting ported down from the PS5 to the PS4 version. The loading is going to be faster on the 5, there's nothing that can stop that. How it's handled on the 4 will be interesting.
Downporting was wishful thinking on my part. The base game will be PS4 w/ prettier graphics and loading on PS5. But like I said even if it is not downported it will seem like it was because of Santa Monica's talent the gameplay will be next gen like

what about the other Gods that we saw mentioned at the end of 4. We going to Egypt for GOW3? :shaq:
probably after ragnarok destroys the world
I see ragnarok in GOW3 followed by allowing you to play what comes afterwards

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Have Atreus make a deal with the last of the old Egyptian gods to split the pie of human worship and solidify his power base to buffer threats before they reach him but really he just has them there to stall and weaken his dad so he can kill h kff. Once defeated they're useless to him and quickly betrayed/absorbed for a boost in power

Last edited: