God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
doesnt make sense to continue griping about it because the game was primarily made on that hardware. That’s the reality of it

there’s no reality where this game was ever going to be made solely for ps5, if it were it’d be a 2024 game
I'm not griping, people are saying "What's the big deal ?", I'm saying I can see WHY they'd be making a big deal.
The problem is we're having people running defense (again), instead of just keeping it a stack and saying it's disappointing.

The game will look great because the ps4/xbone generation has so much brunt and memory that games will always LOOK good
it's just the simulation aspect likely will lack because the CPU just isn't there for THAT kind of stuff.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm not griping, people are saying "What's the big deal ?", I'm saying I can see WHY they'd be making a big deal.
The problem is we're having people running defense (again), instead of just keeping it a stack and saying it's disappointing.

The game will look great because the ps4/xbone generation has so much brunt and memory that games will always LOOK good
it's just the simulation aspect likely will lack because the CPU just isn't there for THAT kind of stuff.

I’ll determine for myself if it’s disappointing once i see it. this is the problem with building up expectations of shyt when you dont even know what it looks like. Just like, people saying Starfield is GOTY off a logo.

We have absolutely nothing to be disappointed about cause we dont even know what the game looks or plays like aside from what you THOUGHT it would be.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ll determine for myself if it’s disappointing once i see it. this is the problem with building up expectations of shyt when you dont even know what it looks like. Just like, people saying Starfield is GOTY off a logo.

We have absolutely nothing to be disappointed about cause we dont even know what the game looks or plays like aside from what you THOUGHT it would be.

It's not about "Thoughts", these are immutable facts, the PS5 smokes the PS4 in every single category.
The game would be categorically better by every measurable metric if it were built SOLELY for the PS5.
Framerate ? Yes.
Resolution ? Yes
Textures ? Yes.
and so on and so on.

The only thing that likely wouldn't fundamentally change is the gameplay unless of course, they're doing something impossible
to do on the ps4 like Rachet & Clank's liberal abuse of the SSD (like the crazy cuts mid scene in real time or loading entire levels in under
a second).

By this logic, if last gen is still fine, we might as well keep it going for another two or three years. :pachaha:

For the record, I don't mind "Cross gen" titles, I just don't like marketing games as "Built for Ps5" when in reality they're
gussied up ps4 games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's not about "Thoughts", these are immutable facts, the PS5 smokes the PS4 in every single category.
The game would be categorically better by every measurable metric if it were built SOLELY for the PS5.
Framerate ? Yes.
Resolution ? Yes
Textures ? Yes.
and so on and so on.

The only thing that likely wouldn't fundamentally change is the gameplay unless of course, they're doing something impossible
to do on the ps4 like Rachet & Clank's liberal abuse of the SSD (like the crazy cuts mid scene in real time or loading entire levels in under
a second).

By this logic, if last gen is still fine, we might as well keep it going for another two or three years. :pachaha:

For the record, I don't mind "Cross gen" titles, I just don't like marketing games as "Built for Ps5" when in reality they're
gussied up ps4 games.

Yeah, the PS5 has way more raw power and drastically changes game design (depending on the developers needs), we know this.

We also know that most games don’t utilize the platforms potential until mid to late gen. So the GoW PS5 exclusive you would have gotten in 2021, sans Pandemic, still wouldn’t be the GoW you would get in 2026.

Daps
Yeah, the PS5 has way more raw power and drastically changes game design (depending on the developers needs), we know this.

We also know that most games don’t utilize the platforms potential until mid to late gen. So the GoW PS5 exclusive you would have gotten in 2021, sans Pandemic, still wouldn’t be the GoW you would get in 2026.
it would still be ps5 exclusive gow 2 >>>>>> cross gen gow 2 :mjlol: especially from a studio like Santa Monica
the similiarity to ps4 architecture that lead to the 99.99% backwards compatibility goes a long way instead of having to learn completely new hardware even if it is easy to develop for
that means games that push the PS5 earlier and faster.
the point is to not have to wait until 2026+ (2025 if we are lucky) to see what a next gen gow is like even if they obviously wouldn't push the PS5 to it's full potential only 1-2 year in.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
There was never a point in history this game was ever considered to be ps5 exclusive. We said that last sept lol.

Daps
Of course they could have and i would of preferred them to, But the writing was on the wall regardless.
not really. they purposefully were hazy w/ everything including spiderman MM's and horizon 2's cross gen status to boost hype and sales. There are still a number of people who think Spiderman MM is PS5 exclusive.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
not really. they purposefully were hazy w/ everything including spiderman MM's and horizon 2's cross gen status to boost hype and sales. There are still a number of people who think Spiderman MM is PS5 exclusive.

Thats still doesn’t change the fact that its a cross-gen game just like this doesnt.

What difference does it make whether sony announced it in november rather than now when the game is still a year away from release?

Daps
Thats still doesn’t change the fact that its a cross-gen game just like this doesnt.

What difference does it make whether sony announced it in november rather than now when the game is still a year away from release?
Sony is full of shyt and knew what they were doing. Stop trying to convince me otherwise :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
nikka they lied to you too :mjlol:

Not really, we’ve both had discussion about the idea that if GoW was gonna come out this year that there was a big possibility that it would be cross-gen and you stuck your fingers in your ears. Now you’re upset about it when in retrospect nothing has really changed.

We’re getting the same game we were always gonna get regardless.

Daps
Not really, we’ve both had discussion about the idea that if GoW was gonna come out this year that there was a big possibility that it would be cross-gen and you stuck your fingers in your ears. Now you’re upset about it when in retrospect nothing has really changed.

We’re getting the same game we were always gonna get regardless.

:mjlol: you were hoping gow 2 was ps5 exclusive even posting that Sony forecast thing as a hint :mjlol:
foh:mjlol:
on some look guys it says it's not coming to ps4 on it :mjlol:
there are more posts but idc at this point :mjlol: