God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah Sony published the games but they are not part of Sony's first party studios
Don't get mad if major titles like Spiderman 2 are cross gen :sas2:
Still no fast swinging in late 2022/early 2023 here we come :snoop:

Bruh you gotta relax, i told you months ago not to get your hopes up and you ignored me

Daps
booooo being wasted on PS4 boooooo
it will still look and play absolutely incredible. it will probably look and play more next gen than the games out right now because it's SM. they will pull a horizon 2, make a ps5 version, and port down while keeping the ps4 limitations in mind for the ps5 version. that's better than the other way around but still a waste
whatever amazing gameplay they reveal, we know it would have been on another level on the ps5

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
it will still look and play absolutely incredible. it will probably look and play more next gen than the games out right now because it's SM. they will pull a horizon 2, make a ps5 version, and port down while keeping the ps4 limitations in mind for the ps5 version. that's better than the other way around but still a waste
whatever amazing gameplay they reveal, we know it would have been on another level on the ps5
The DualSense will never be integrated into the gameplay

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Honestly, if I were Sony I would make it compatible with only the PS4 Pro & PS5. People have been hanging on to the base PS4 for almost 8 years lol. Although that wouldn't exactly work too well since I believe the Pro isn't in production anymore :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly, if I were Sony I would make it compatible with only the PS4 Pro & PS5. People have been hanging on to the base PS4 for almost 8 years lol. Although that wouldn't exactly work too well since I believe the Pro isn't in production anymore :patrice:

Although i think its a gonna look absolutely incredible, I think ultimately it doesn’t make sense cause most people are still gonna wait to buy it for the ps5 after tehy see how it looks on the ps4.

I guess sony just trying to hit sales projections and squeeze that extra 10% of previous gen sales

Daps
Although i think its a gonna look absolutely incredible, I think ultimately it doesn’t make sense cause most people are still gonna wait to buy it for the ps5 after tehy see how it looks on the ps4.

I guess sony just trying to hit sales projections and squeeze that extra 10% of previous gen sales
they didn't predict consumers are smarter than they think and will wait for the OBVIOUS superior version.
they thought they could double dip w/ existing ps4 owners who don't own a ps5 and new ps5 owners/new playstation customers
too bad more big games will be sacrificed for the ps4

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps

there may be 15m sold ps5s by the end of next year

ps4 sales will be at least 25%

Daps
Like I said before, despite my disappointment w/ cross gen and the limits it has put on the specs of Ragnarok, this game will still set a new standard for both graphics AND gameplay despite being cross gen because Santa Monica are that good. But the tree, slow walking and talking, narrowing between narrow openings, etc. to hide the slow ass PS4 is going to be annoying. No instaneous travel between realms that Cory said was cut due to the PS4.:francis:. The PS4 mechanics will still be there :snoop:. Hopefully Santa Monica's next game is PS5 exclusive and the PS5 version for Ragnarok has PS5 only gameplay features not found on the PS4 outside of ray tracing, faster loading, and 60fps but I doubt it.:francis:

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
It is what it is at this point. That Horizon gameplay definitely makes me less worried about how this will look

I understand this viewpoint but that is selling the console short. The game still has to be geared around a 5400RPM HDD and jaguar cores of the PS4. What that means is that yes, you can crank up graphics but things like game design, physics and such are going to take a hit. Because God of War will be on the PS4, all those loading screen/walking simulator parts are going to be there to mask asset streaming whereas on an SSD, that's not as much of a worry. Graphically, you can still do what you need it to do but at the end of the day, the PS5 version is just a prettier version of the PS4 version. In taking at the PS5 is 8x more powerful than the PS4, there will be some instances where the PS5 is only doing 1/8th of what it is truly capable of. That is the detriment of cross generation development.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Like I said before, despite my disappointment w/ cross gen and the limits it has put on the specs of Ragnarok, this game will still set a new standard for both graphics AND gameplay despite being cross gen because Santa Monica are that good. But the tree, slow walking and talking, narrowing between narrow openings, etc. to hide the slow ass PS4 is going to be annoying. No instaneous travel between realms that Cory said was cut due to the PS4.:francis:. The PS4 mechanics will still be there :snoop:. Hopefully Santa Monica's next game is PS5 exclusive and the PS5 version for Ragnarok has PS5 only gameplay features not found on the PS4 outside of ray tracing, faster loading, and 60fps but I doubt it.:francis:

acceptance