God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It’s not like they really have any other choice in the matter since there will still be PS5 issues for the foreseeable future.

Cross gen at this point is a financially motivated decision nothing more. I’m surprised that people still haven’t realized that yet.
They'll end up doing a remaster eventually for PS5 only anyways.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imma be honest, This being Cross gen might be the most disappointing news this gen for me so far, Sony trash for that one :francis:

its not the graphics and loading times being slightly better that’s the issue here..he said a lot was cut from the First Game due to PS4 capabilities

as for the delay, who didn’t see that coming lol

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's how I feel as well. I see where gaming is going. Games will continue to approach film in terms of how they are executed and what we see on screen. This gen is a big leap towards that w/ the next gen consoles after this probably giving that extra push. That's the big picture people fail to see so focused on graphics. But the graphics will still be pretty. Yeah that's not the point.

Hopefully this is like Horizon 2. People are speculating GG has two teams working on two versions that are very different from each other. There are scenes in Horizon 2 that can't run on the PS4 computationally

So each version will have the same scenes obviously but what you see computationally might be very different. Horizon 2 and maybe GOW might represent the first cross gen games having a big gap between each version on a gameplay level

Probably. When Sega released Sonic Unleashed back in 2008, the 360/PS3 versions were completely different from the PS2/Wii versions. I viewed them as different games with the same title.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
housemarque and bluepoint are not first party studios
let's hope not EVERY major release from a first party studio is cross gen until the end of 2023

If sony funded and published the games they are first party. Just like Ori games with microsoft or Luigi’s mansion on nintendo

Daps
If sony funded and published the games they are first party. Just like Ori games with microsoft or Luigi’s mansion on nintendo
Yeah Sony published the games but they are not part of Sony's first party studios
Don't get mad if major titles like Spiderman 2 are cross gen :sas2:
Still no fast swinging in late 2022/early 2023 here we come :snoop: