God of War | PS4/ PC |

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I hope they have a setting to hide those life bars on normal enemies.
I'd like it if there was no hud at all.
I thought the dead space team did an incredible job reducing hud elements and making the game look cinematic at all times.
Horizon dynamic hud was great. The way certain shyt only pop up when you need it. Wish more games would do that.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This combat look weak low key
I hope he gwt his chains back by the end

these are some previews that came out for the game yesterday:

Polygon - Kratos will presumably acquire other weapons over the course of God of War. Considering his arsenal in the previous titles — and Barlog’s earlier statement that this game will take 25-35 hours to complete — I’d be surprised if he stuck with the ax and shield for the duration. Either way, I can say already that the combat in God of War feels like it has more possibilities than before, even at the start.

The combination of hand-to-hand fighting, ax, shield and Atreus gives Kratos a lot of combat options from the get-go in God of War. And that’s before you upgrade his skills, weapons or armor — or those of Atreus. Yes, there are separate skill trees for all these elements; in general, you spend a currency called Hacksilver on upgrading weapons and armor, and XP on unlocking new combos and abilities.

Geoff Keighley - I was blown away by God of War. Played first 2.5 hours last week. It's a faithful yet deeply evolved version of the classic series across every dimension: Combat, story, puzzles and graphical prowess.

this is going to be an epic -- and with tons of weapon and skill tree upgrades

The Verge - It’s not just the story elements that offer a more mature ethos on games; it’s the entire system of play. For the first time, there are serious RPG elements in a God of War game. Kratos will grow stronger and level up as players progress, and you’ll be able to customize armor, abilities, and weapons to favor different styles of play.

GameInformer - Don't worry! It's still a big part of God of War, and it's made the transition to a tighter third-person camera quite nicely. I understand purists may look at the new presentation and think, "I'm out." It's definitely different, but I was taken aback by how much it still feels like a God of War game.

Daily Star - Has Cory Barlog created a potential game of the year contender? That's as safe as houses.

The better question is, has Cory Barlog created THE best game of the PS4 generation so far? We're starting to think so.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
we’re introduced to “The Stranger” -- a heavily-tattooed character who creepily stalks outside the cabin and wouldn’t be out of place on the set of the History series, Vikings.

He and Kratos exchange words, and the mystery around him -- and Kratos’ current situation -- only deepen as a result before everything escalates into an epic battle. And I mean epic. This thing is Dragon Ball Z levels of insane, and while it’s edge-of-your-seat and full of blood and gore, and a lot of the ultra violence, it reveals one major flaw: if Kratos is this strong, and this capable; destroying someone who we all know will be revealed to be a god (he also ‘magically’ heals himself mid-fight -- something you couldn’t do the entire intro fighting the Draugrs), then why is regular baddie fighting so challenging. Moreover, he punches through the side of a massive boulder, picks it up and drops it on The Stranger. But in regular non-boss battle play, he struggles to push through gated parts of the environment.

:wow:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1sFS4ff.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
we’re introduced to “The Stranger” -- a heavily-tattooed character who creepily stalks outside the cabin and wouldn’t be out of place on the set of the History series, Vikings.

He and Kratos exchange words, and the mystery around him -- and Kratos’ current situation -- only deepen as a result before everything escalates into an epic battle. And I mean epic. This thing is Dragon Ball Z levels of insane, and while it’s edge-of-your-seat and full of blood and gore, and a lot of the ultra violence, it reveals one major flaw: if Kratos is this strong, and this capable; destroying someone who we all know will be revealed to be a god (he also ‘magically’ heals himself mid-fight -- something you couldn’t do the entire intro fighting the Draugrs), then why is regular baddie fighting so challenging. Moreover, he punches through the side of a massive boulder, picks it up and drops it on The Stranger. But in regular non-boss battle play, he struggles to push through gated parts of the environment.

:wow:
When casuals use kratos