God of War | PS4/ PC |

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
One thing I will say I don't like about this is that it seems when they want to make a boss fight or midboss tough they just throw a bunch of fodder enemies at you in addition to the boss. That's cheap. At certain points you have a very strong enemy in front of you with a bunch of draugers behind you, some throwing fireballs, some with the skates, and others with shields. It's cheap. After winning you feel less like it was actual skill and strategy and more like you avoided the fukkery combo that time.

Eh...not really. Doesn't feel all that cheap to me. Villains don't fight fair, pretty much ever, so for a boss to bring his crew into a fight just seems like some shyt that a boss villain would do. Also, with how the game is designed and plays, that just incorporates the strategy of the fights even more into it. It doesn't feel too unfair with the level of strength and capabilities you have/acquire/get to utilize at your disposal. Not to mention that many other games do the same thing. While I'm not aware of this from personal experience or research, but I have an inklin that it may not even play out this way on lower difficulty levels either. Lastly, I think you may just have a qualm with gitn gud.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
if i knew there were no trophies for the two hardest difficulties i wouldnt of even wasted my time playing on give me a challenge...smh im basically 98% done on midgard and beat half the valkaries already...smh im doin the rest of the end game shyt on normal foh
Damn. I’m glad I don’t care about trophies because that would piss me off

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Is the game good brehs? Worth copping? Been avoiding the thread/spoilers

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
These wolves in the last room of this sidequest are busting my ass :mjcry:
Just beat them damn dogs on god of war mode with pure cheese .

Made them play fetch with this axe alllllll day.

Probably a solid hour getting my ass beat by them.

Wait till the last room.....:pachaha:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Eh...not really. Doesn't feel all that cheap to me. Villains don't fight fair, pretty much ever, so for a boss to bring his crew into a fight just seems like some shyt that a boss villain would do. Also, with how the game is designed and plays, that just incorporates the strategy of the fights even more into it. It doesn't feel too unfair with the level of strength and capabilities you have/acquire/get to utilize at your disposal. Not to mention that many other games do the same thing. While I'm not aware of this from personal experience or research, but I have an inklin that it may not even play out this way on lower difficulty levels either. Lastly, I think you may just have a qualm with gitn gud.

Don't want to mention specific fights due to spoilers but there are definitely a few instances where the boss can perform unblockable long range attacks while enemies behind you can also perform unblockables not to mention that those enemies can also spawn behind you. It leads to encounters where you have to accept you will take a certain amount of hits, you just need a load out that can minimize the damage taken from those cases or in some cases initiate some sort of auto offense for you. Too much of the fight is spent running to get everyone somewhat in front of you.

That's wasn't too bad of a problem in the previous games because due to the camera being pulled back you could see behind yourself adequately, not the case here.

The fights are still winnable, Im just the type of player that doesn't like taking hits just because it's the nature of the game. And I prefer fights where the boss or mini boss itself is designed to challenge you, not become a challenge because it's a bunch of otherwise fodder enemies behind you.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Trying to explore the island burns storeroom and I'm getting demolished by that armored dude with the huge sword that tanks your hit. Also fighting the dragos with the fire sword that are incredibly fast :wow:I just completed coming back from helheim for the second time in the story modr yet still getting washed. I need to get to level 6 or 7 this is getting annoying :why:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Just beat them damn dogs on god of war mode with pure cheese .

Made them play fetch with this axe alllllll day.

Probably a solid hour getting my ass beat by them.

Wait till the last room.....:pachaha:

Lol I think this is the last room, cause there were 3 before it which were easy, this shyt right here though. What are they weak against?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Lol I think this is the last room, cause there were 3 before it which were easy, this shyt right here though. What are they weak against?
My last room was 2 ogres and nightmares.

The dogs were harder still...

The weak ones are weak against ice.

Even on gow mode they freeze when heavy axe is thrown or you use the light rune attack that freezes the ground

But my wolves level up so freeze stops freezing them.

If you bout it bout it with parrying dodging and assists you can tell them mangy mutts to talk to your back then Dodge as they jump in gettting them all in a nice corner where you just beat the fleas off if them with the help of your son.

Or

Use ur kid to distract them with arrows while you throw that axe like a Norwegian Savage from over there somewhere. Way over there :ufdup:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
31351453_1770622379642418_4255024967730593792_o.png.jpg

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished the game late last night. Holy fukk did they ever stick the landing. I'm torn between needing the next game ASAP and wanting them to take their time like they clearly did with this one. Them clearly not being on a tight schedule where they HAD to get the game out at a specific time definitely made it better.