God of War | PS4/ PC |

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nice Easter egg coinciding with the Avengers, it's not really a spoiler but just in case

There's a talisman I just got called
'Shattered Gauntlet of Ages'. It's an epic but with seemingly underwhelming stats so did some googling.
Turns out you can upgrade it to hold 3 sockets which are themed after the Infinity stones (soul, time, space, reality etc) and it works kinda like the Infinity Gauntlet

In action

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Been using this talisman that boost super energy and gives you more energy per hit in battle. It's only level 2 but it's clutch as fukk.

Also don't sleep on the cooldown stat, got my light and heavy attacks from 30/60secs to 20/45secs with only 50 or so points

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody else they could make a sick Thor game from this blueprint? :jbhmm:
I mean they got the throwing hammer mechanics down pat

Honestly, it would be derivative at this point.

Santa Monica has just performed one of the best soft reboots ever in gaming and produced a masterpiece. Thor is pretty much part of this universe and has been built up as a drunkard with nothing but lust for blood and combat, a pretty good depiction of aesir gods, not the marvel shyt, and he's pretty much a villain that we'll face at some point. Mimir forewarns that'll be a major obstacle. I'm saying that to say, why would they make a game with/about Thor? just so people can experience Mjolnir? makes no sense, especially when Mjolnir is undoubtedly more limited than the Leviathan axe and is merely used as a conduit for Thor's power.

and if you were suggesting another studio to do it, I don't think many studios have the know how/technical expertise to create Mjolnir as an accomplished combat tool as Santa Monica did with Leviathan. From the animations, to weight and feel, to moves that are in synergy with its ice/frost elemental nature. The combat system in this game is crazy. I mean, and then there's technical aspects like returning on call, cutting through and holding to surfaces and the distance you can put between yourself and the axe and varied response and return times depending on said distance. Its like, if other studios could, they would have. This game is not only groundbreaking in regards to how good it is as a playable experience, it is also a technical marvel. I remember back in the days me and my nikkas would ask why Sony ain't got a title like Super Smash Bros and then that All Star Battle Royale shyt happened and we realized why. It wasn't the worst game, it just wasn't Super Smash Bros, and even if it had a bigger budget and given to a more reputable development studio, chances are it still wouldn't touch Super Smash Bros cause Nintendo got the recipe for that (not to say that derivatives can't carve their own lane, it happens sometimes).

I'm saying all that to say, Marvel holds the rights and licenses to the pop culture comic depiction of Thor, and outside of that, Santa Monica already has their own version of Thor in this very same GoW universe, and an objectively superior weapon to Mjolnir in the Leviathan axe (this is not debatable just by the nature of the Leviathan being able to do more than just smashing really hard or conducing electricity), so I don't see them going out of their way to make a Thor game, and I don't believe other studios would be able to match what they did here, not currently at least.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Honestly, it would be derivative at this point.

Santa Monica has just performed one of the best soft reboots ever in gaming and produced a masterpiece. Thor is pretty much part of this universe and has been built up as a drunkard with nothing but lust for blood and combat, a pretty good depiction of aesir gods, not the marvel shyt, and he's pretty much a villain that we'll face at some point. Mimir forewarns that'll be a major obstacle. I'm saying that to say, why would they make a game with/about Thor? just so people can experience Mjolnir? makes no sense, especially when Mjolnir is undoubtedly more limited than the Leviathan axe and is merely used as a conduit for Thor's power.

and if you were suggesting another studio to do it, I don't think many studios have the know how/technical expertise to create Mjolnir as an accomplished combat tool as Santa Monica did with Leviathan. From the animations, to weight and feel, to moves that are in synergy with its ice/frost elemental nature. The combat system in this game is crazy. I mean, and then there's technical aspects like returning on call, cutting through and holding to surfaces and the distance you can put between yourself and the axe and varied response and return times depending on said distance. Its like, if other studios could, they would have. This game is not only groundbreaking in regards to how good it is as a playable experience, it is also a technical marvel. I remember back in the days me and my nikkas would ask why Sony ain't got a title like Super Smash Bros and then that All Star Battle Royale shyt happened and we realized why. It wasn't the worst game, it just wasn't Super Smash Bros, and even if it had a bigger budget and given to a more reputable development studio, chances are it still wouldn't touch Super Smash Bros cause Nintendo got the recipe for that (not to say that derivatives can't carve their own lane, it happens sometimes).

I'm saying all that to say, Marvel holds the rights and licenses to the pop culture comic depiction of Thor, and outside of that, Santa Monica already has their own version of Thor in this very same GoW universe, and an objectively superior weapon to Mjolnir in the Leviathan axe (this is not debatable just by the nature of the Leviathan being able to do more than just smashing really hard or conducing electricity), so I don't see them going out of their way to make a Thor game, and I don't believe other studios would be able to match what they did here, not currently at least.
The thing about Thor is he's ridiculously powerful and feats are:picard:status in norse mythology. Not to mention flight and he controls a lot more than just lightning. You can get creative if they really tried but like you sai a version of Thor already exists so why would they anyway?:yeshrug:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished the Valkyrie quest. The last fight is crazy intense. I'd love to see someone tackle that shyt in God of War difficulty.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing about Thor is he's ridiculously powerful and feats are:picard:status in norse mythology. Not to mention flight and he controls a lot more than just lightning. You can get creative if they really tried but like you sai a version of Thor already exists so why would they anyway?:yeshrug:

yeah those are Thor's powers and abilities, not Mjolnir's.

I was making a Mjolnir and Leviathan comparison because the post i quoted used the fact that they got the hammer throwing mechanics down pat as a segue to suggest a Thor game. Mjolnir is merely a conduit to some of Thor's abilities.

Dude is a god. interdimensional travel, invulnerability, cosmic projection. a bunch of shyt. rune magic Thor >>>

(I’m talking about marvel version Thor, cause Santa Monica have already established their version of Thor here, they could revise it but it would be weird for them to have GoW Thor and then have another version of him in a solo game)

but i was purely speaking on the merits of making a Thor game mostly just cause of the hammer mechanics. And you right, they could get creative outside of that (the hammer), but it would still be derivative for them as a studio.

Last edited:

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Been searching Tyr's temple for an hour looking for the rest of the Great Serpent armor set smh. It says im 100% done with the area but this guide says it should be here.