God of War | PS4/ PC |

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
One thing I will say I don't like about this is that it seems when they want to make a boss fight or midboss tough they just throw a bunch of fodder enemies at you in addition to the boss. That's cheap. At certain points you have a very strong enemy in front of you with a bunch of draugers behind you, some throwing fireballs, some with the skates, and others with shields. It's cheap. After winning you feel less like it was actual skill and strategy and more like you avoided the fukkery combo that time.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
j70mohrnihtazdvhokkq.png

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
if i knew there were no trophies for the two hardest difficulties i wouldnt of even wasted my time playing on give me a challenge...smh im basically 98% done on midgard and beat half the valkaries already...smh im doin the rest of the end game shyt on normal foh

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
If it’s anything like og PS4, you can get to the fan without taking too much apart but to get to where you can reapply thermal paste you practically gotta break the whole system down:sadcam:

I just know it’s dusty inside and this shyt too loud when playing GoW.
they need to make the next system better if thats the case...cant be paying $400 for a system and u have to end up playing mechanic...my ps4 pro does that too for a little bit it doesnt bother me tho...only paste im changing is my toothpaste when it run out

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
they need to make the next system better if thats the case...cant be paying $400 for a system and u have to end up playing mechanic...my ps4 pro does that too for a little bit it doesnt bother me tho...only paste im changing is my toothpaste when it run out
Yea, that’s one thing I can give MS. They’re systems have been quiet this gen.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Honestly, it would be derivative at this point.

Santa Monica has just performed one of the best soft reboots ever in gaming and produced a masterpiece. Thor is pretty much part of this universe and has been built up as a drunkard with nothing but lust for blood and combat, a pretty good depiction of aesir gods, not the marvel shyt, and he's pretty much a villain that we'll face at some point. Mimir forewarns that'll be a major obstacle. I'm saying that to say, why would they make a game with/about Thor? just so people can experience Mjolnir? makes no sense, especially when Mjolnir is undoubtedly more limited than the Leviathan axe and is merely used as a conduit for Thor's power.

and if you were suggesting another studio to do it, I don't think many studios have the know how/technical expertise to create Mjolnir as an accomplished combat tool as Santa Monica did with Leviathan. From the animations, to weight and feel, to moves that are in synergy with its ice/frost elemental nature. The combat system in this game is crazy. I mean, and then there's technical aspects like returning on call, cutting through and holding to surfaces and the distance you can put between yourself and the axe and varied response and return times depending on said distance. Its like, if other studios could, they would have. This game is not only groundbreaking in regards to how good it is as a playable experience, it is also a technical marvel. I remember back in the days me and my nikkas would ask why Sony ain't got a title like Super Smash Bros and then that All Star Battle Royale shyt happened and we realized why. It wasn't the worst game, it just wasn't Super Smash Bros, and even if it had a bigger budget and given to a more reputable development studio, chances are it still wouldn't touch Super Smash Bros cause Nintendo got the recipe for that (not to say that derivatives can't carve their own lane, it happens sometimes).

I'm saying all that to say, Marvel holds the rights and licenses to the pop culture comic depiction of Thor, and outside of that, Santa Monica already has their own version of Thor in this very same GoW universe, and an objectively superior weapon to Mjolnir in the Leviathan axe (this is not debatable just by the nature of the Leviathan being able to do more than just smashing really hard or conducing electricity), so I don't see them going out of their way to make a Thor game, and I don't believe other studios would be able to match what they did here, not currently at least.

Well bruh I was being wistful. Thor being one of my fav Marvel characters I was just thinking damn why he aint had a piff game yet. Of course it wouldn;t be set in the GOW universe cause the real Thor from mythology was a dikk lol. And the nine realms as recreated in GOW are perfect :noah: although we haven't seen Asgard yet.

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
yeah those are Thor's powers and abilities, not Mjolnir's.

I was making a Mjolnir and Leviathan comparison because the post i quoted used the fact that they got the hammer throwing mechanics down pat as a segue to suggest a Thor game. Mjolnir is merely a conduit to some of Thor's abilities.

Dude is a god. interdimensional travel, invulnerability, cosmic projection. a bunch of shyt. rune magic Thor >>>

(I’m talking about marvel version Thor, cause Santa Monica have already established their version of Thor here, they could revise it but it would be weird for them to have GoW Thor and then have another version of him in a solo game)

but i was purely speaking on the merits of making a Thor game mostly just cause of the hammer mechanics. And you right, they could get creative outside of that (the hammer), but it would still be derivative for them as a studio.
Yeah that Mjolnir/Leviathan axe comparison was spot on.:patrice:

I have to agree with your overall point now that I think about it.:ehh: