God of War | PS4/ PC |

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
I love the Sound design in this game, it is the awe inspiring thing to me. I have Low Frequency Transducers on my home theater seating and man the rumble/vibration this game gives you when you met the World Serpent or fighting the Stranger to the recalling of the axe is mind blowing on top of a great 7.1 experience. Not to be out done is the God of War headset companion app that shyt is in binaural sound and man walking through forest is surreal.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I love the Sound design in this game, it is the awe inspiring thing to me. I have Low Frequency Transducers on my home theater seating and man the rumble/vibration this game gives you when you met the World Serpent or fighting the Stranger to the recalling of the axe is mind blowing on top of a great 7.1 experience. Not to be out done is the God of War headset companion app that shyt is in binaural sound and man walking through forest is surreal.
YES!
The sound is definitely not getting its props.
I'm playing on my 7.1 surround system and love it.
You have no idea how useful his son is until you play in surround sound.
I'm playing with no HUD and I attribute doing well to picking up on all the audio cues of what's going on around me.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Got to part where you can start buying upgrades last night.
Game has yet to miss a beat.

Maybe a few things I would like (not complaints):
The ability to jump, although not necessary at all given the way the game is, it would still be nice though.
More finishers. I’ve only seen 2 at this point: the one where he rips the enemy apart and the one where he stomps their head.
I’m not very far right now but I actually wouldn’t mind a few exaggerated set pieces like in previous GOWs with the whole level turning and falling apart. This game doesn’t need it since things are intense as is, but it would be a fun nod for the OG fans of the series.

You must be either pretty early in the game or not fighting enemies the appropriate way for finishers (you mainly have to go bare-handed to raise stun in time before killing them to produce finishers), as just like the GOW games of old, every individual enemy has unique finishers. Some enemies you can only finish with a axe moves, such as the Vikens and heavy Rugers, as they don't stun, but the hold heavy attack swing move produces unique finishers per enemy, which essentially raises stun enemy types with two different ways to finish them.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
See a lot of y'all praising the combat but how is the story? Is it lackluster? How much of the game is story-driven?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Got to part where you can start buying upgrades last night.
Game has yet to miss a beat.

Maybe a few things I would like (not complaints):
The ability to jump, although not necessary at all given the way the game is, it would still be nice though.
More finishers. I’ve only seen 2 at this point: the one where he rips the enemy apart and the one where he stomps their head.
I’m not very far right now but I actually wouldn’t mind a few exaggerated set pieces like in previous GOWs with the whole level turning and falling apart. This game doesn’t need it since things are intense as is, but it would be a fun nod for the OG fans of the series.
Yea you clearly aren't far or don't know what the hell you're doing. U got primary throw finishers and then you have multiple axe execution finishers not to mention passive shattering and throwing cats off cliffs.

U Trash trash? perhaps sir?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yea you clearly aren't far or don't know what the hell you're doing. U got primary throw finishers and then you have multiple axe execution finishers not to mention passive shattering and throwing cats off cliffs.

Right. I've done at least one finisher on almost every enemy I've encountered so far. I'm still pretty early in the game, but must've seen about a dozen different finishers already.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
See a lot of y'all praising the combat but how is the story? Is it lackluster? How much of the game is story-driven?
The story is incredible and is presented very well.
There are cinematic moments that blend in seamlessly with the gameplay.
They really found a great balance with all aspects of the game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Right. I've done at least one finisher on almost every enemy I've encountered so far. I'm still pretty early in the game, but must've seen about a dozen different finishers already.
Nah I'm not far at all. I'm just telling you I've only seen 2 different finishers.
I'd like to see some environmental finishers. I fought a few enemies next to a wall with spikes and was definitely expecting to see him kick the enemy into the spikes or something to that effect.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Man. Has anyone done the Storeroom side quest?

That shyt is TOUGH when you get to the two witches.
Yeah finished that last night after I got done with the mountain. I had to level up before I could finish off the wolves, because the white one had a skull next to their health bar. One bite or hit and I'm dead.:sadcam: