God of War is not a system seller but Gamepass is and yes... we have receipts to prove it!!!

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Black Friday has came and went. And because of this, companies like to put out bundles to boost sales (game and system)
So for instance Super Mario Kart 8 is like the 3rd most sold game because it was in the bundles.

Now God of War should be selling well because it just came out. But it didn't do that well, finishing like 6th in sales I think :mjtf:

Now what you didn't exect was what was the top item for black friday? Lets do a countdown shall we...

#5 Mac Book
#4 Drones
#3 COD MW2
#2 Bluey related toys (I'd buy a muffin if I could find one :manny: )

But the number 1 item for black frienday is/was/is....

The Xbox Series X (not S) :krs: and the PS5 didn't even make the list :patrice:

As for sales of games, because you know sony stans claim they got those...

As they LIE to you and me, game sales are down 15% even tho sony has the games and the system everyone wants and its selling at a record pace yet sales are down :jbhmm:
What are the tops games sold anyway..
The best-selling boxed game of the week was FIFA 23, with sales up 95%. The EA game was reduced and also included in hardware bundles. It will also have benefitted from the World Cup, which kicked off last week. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is back up to No.2 after sales rose 9%, despite the game not receiving a significant discount.

Last week's big new releases, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, fell down the charts this week. Violet is down to No.3, while Scarlet is down to No.6. Both games dropped 64% in sales week-on-week, which is a reasonable number for a Pokémon game. Last year's Pokémon titles dropped around 58% in their second week (and from a smaller base), while Pokémon Legends: Arceus, released in January this year, fell 72%. If fan disappointment over the game's technical performance is hurting sales, we're yet to see it in the figures.

Mario Kart 8: Deluxe jumps to No.5 after a 226% increase in sales. Nintendo's hugely popular racing game was last Black Friday's No.1 seller due to the launch of a Switch bundle. Once again, the game raced up the charts due to a similar Black Friday offer.
Clearly sony has the games, and if you read sony gamer post about the games they are playing before and after GOW.. well, the answers are He-Larry-us.
I've seen 3 poster say they gonna get to demon's souls, a few said spidermans, and a couple ratchet and clanks.
These nikkaz have nothing to play, and sales prove they don't care to play the games they hype up as MUST PLAYS. They LOVE multiplat games and those run better on xbox.

Now I need this to be explained away so things can remain the same around here :handshake:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
The system sells itself due to it's library quality. God of war just emphasizes that. I tried gamepass on a 3 month subscription on my PC and never used it after 3 weeks. Henceforth it's library is ass cheeks. #truestory :handshake:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
The system sells itself due to it's library quality. God of war just emphasizes that. I tried gamepass on a 3 month subscription on my PC and never used it after 3 weeks. Henceforth it's library is ass cheeks
Ruck Ruck Ruck :snoop:
This thread is JUST getting started, lots to unpack here but the lack of activity is literally what drives people to think (or in this case to not think)
Let me address what you said first :hula: The system sells itself sounds great, sony fans never say that about xbox tho :ufdup:
As for God of War "emphasizing that" then why isn't GOW increasing sales? I loved Wii sports, that shyts on GOW in terms of sales.
What else can a sony stan (not a gmaing fan but a sony stan) buy other trhan GOW right niow?

How many PS4 and PS5's are in the wild vs how many switches?
Why are nintendo games from years ago like Super Mario Kart selling more? Pokemon selling more as well even tho it did double GOW's numbers in half the time? Nintendo unlike sony has games all year long and games from years ago outselling GOW which doesn't have competition from its own company.
So you said a bunch of NOTHING just now. And then you ended your nothing with "And I tried Gamepass for 3months and didn't like it"

Then you don't like games nikka :stopitslime:

Its like, you talking like if Gamepass has games only available in gamepass and those games are not great.
Reality is gamepass consist of the highest rated games, and the most slept on games, and the most anticipated games. It has it all in literally every single category. So its literally impossible to not find something to play in it. But you here trying to convince otherwise :laff:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Anyways, @Ruck (Damn ad obstructed my view) To your point, you made my point. GOW Emphasizes MY POINT not yours.

You see sir, game sales are down 15%, but you claim sony has the games due to its "Libraries quality"
So with these quality titles and the system selling at an alltime rate, that gaming sales would be UP not down.
And these quality games are not in the top 5 sold games except "maybe" the first week or two of release then they fall out the top 20 by months end.
Even GOW which just came out and did numbers... was an afterthought by black friday :wow:

And while you say the system will sell anyway, this thread proves that the gamers are looking to buy an xbox series X. You didn't even acknowledge it even tho we posted the receipts. You not :umad: iz you?

Now why are gaming sales down 15% if you selling fast and you getting quality titles? That just doesn't add up, so its a lie sir.
Nintendo been doing well all year as well. Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe sales on the xbox have dropped off so much that you can attribute most of that 15% to xbox not selling games like they used to (I can't confirm this)

You know what I can confirm? That Gamepass is popular and would likely take away from game sales.
And I know and can confirm that the Xbox Series X was the most sought after item this black friday (not the PS5)
So if you add 2 and 2 together, wouldn't you come to the conclusion that Gamepass is responsible for everything?
A sony stan will say sales are down but will leave out that Gamepass is really popular. Maybe, everything is connected.
But if gamepass is that popular, and if sony is this desperate to stop the activision deal. Then maybe gamepass is not only here to stay but is a HUGE deal and concern for SONY.

Nah, I'm just reaching. Nothing to see here. Lets talk about something else so nobody catches wind of whats really happening :hhh:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Who buys full price anything on Black Friday? Folks bought shyt that was on sale.