God Forgives, Jets Fans Don't: The Official 2012 New York Jets Season Thread

Daps
He finally didn't back Hunter today.

It's disgusting when coaches try to trump up their players no matter how bad they are.

It's merely a motivational tactic, I don't mind it unless the player has proven for years that he is a complete bum. In this case, it should stop.

But Harbaugh does this shyt all the time with his players. He calls Alex elite, says Crabtree has the best hands he's ever seen. But ya never hear him make these over the top statements about his actual great players, they don't need it.

But Rex is a huge fan of patting everyone on the back.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
revis speaking out saying sanchez got no help:

Darrelle Revis said last week that Mark Sanchez needs to take the "next step" and become a top-10 quarterback. But is that even possible considering the weapons around him?

"I don't know," Revis told Newsday while shaking his head. "I don't know."

It's not a great sign when the New York Jets' best player is not sure whether the front office did enough to help out its quarterback.

"You've got to do what's best for the team, and I don't know if we've been wise in that department," Revis said Wednesday.

We can't disagree. The Jets were on our list of the four teams that have had the roughest training camp, and they are the only team on the list that hasn't suffered massive injuries. The wide receiver group is thin. The right tackle spot remains a trouble spot, and the running back group is sub-mediocre.

"I don't really know how this is going to pan out. I just hope that they do what they need to do on offense," Revis said, sounding a lot like a radio talk show caller. "And not to divide this -- I'm supporting those guys. I think the only thing you can do is be supportive. Right now it's still preseason."

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
the Jets did use the draft to address WR and even RB. I think Hill will be a mainstay on the Jets in due time.

Them having no depth is attributed to 2 groups of people:

1. Mike Tannenbaum

2. whoever scouts for the team. They never have a bunch of picks to use and then they can't go out and get UDFA's that can make the team. The Pats can go out and pick up people off the street and contribute to a Superbowl team. The Giants can call up Chase Blackburn while he's eating Doritos at his house and he makes the most pivotal play in the Superbowl. We rarely ever get a surprise. That's why people like Maybin so much.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rebel, how did Jordan White look on family night, keep hearing he was beasting. He needs take the slot from Kerley.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Rebel, how did Jordan White look on family night, keep hearing he was beasting. He needs take the slot from Kerley.

NO HE DOESNT.

I've been watching Kerley on All 22.

Dude STAYS killing dudes in the slot. He straight LEFT the man on him against San Diego and I forgot the other team. Dude is a beast in the slot and is smart as hell finding open spaces.

You are wrong on him.

Jordan White looked very average.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
NO HE DOESNT.

I've been watching Kerley on All 22.

Dude STAYS killing dudes in the slot. He straight LEFT the man on him against San Diego and I forgot the other team. Dude is a beast in the slot and is smart as hell finding open spaces.

You are wrong on him.

Jordan White looked very average.

:rudy:

:laff: at the thought of some one game planning to stop Kerley. It will never happen, dude is average, for such a smart person he can't pick up Sparano system. Can you compare Kerley to other slot receivers ?

NYC Rebel

Daps
:rudy:

:laff: at the thought of some one game planning to stop Kerley. It will never happen, dude is average, for such a smart person he can't pick up Sparano system. Can you compare Kerley to other slot receivers ?

Who said that? :what:

Dog...you don't have All 22. It's obvious. Dude is the ONLY Jet receiver who can stop in the middle of his route and sit in a whole in the zone. The only one I observed doing that when watching him run the route tree. Dude is good. You are completely wrong on him.

The bad thing about it, is that you WANT to be right rather than be wrong about it.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
kerley was huge on 3rd downs when we cut mason last yr

i dont know anything about white

NYC Rebel

Daps

I know why now. Dude finds holes in the zone better than any receiver on our roster.

NO WAY can someone sitting at home see what he's doing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who said that? :what:

Dog...you don't have All 22. It's obvious. Dude is the ONLY Jet receiver who can stop in the middle of his route and sit in a whole in the zone. The only one I observed doing that when watching him run the route tree. Dude is good. You are completely wrong on him.

The bad thing about it, is that you WANT to be right rather than be wrong about it.

I said that. You said dude is beasting, now can you imagine some one trying game plan to stop him ? Who do you think his game most resembles ?

And no I don't have All 22, but u can take some snap shots or make a video of Kerley beasting on corners.

I don't understand this misconception. Because his best game was 4 catches for 71 yards.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I said that. You said dude is beasting, now can you imagine some one trying game plan to stop him ? Who do you think his game most resembles ?

And no I don't have All 22, but u can take some snap shots or make a video of Kerley beasting on corners.

I don't understand this misconception. Because his best game was 4 catches for 71 yards.

Dude is a beast in the interior of the field.

And YES....get All 22. NO WAY can you see a player run routes when off your TV screen.

Just posted on twitter by someone at Jets camp.

https://twitter.com/SeanLDurham/status/239041285208563712

This dude is a good interior slot receiver. AFter watching All 22, I see why the Jets are high on him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude is a beast in the interior of the field.

And YES....get All 22. NO WAY can you see a player run routes when off your TV screen.

Just posted on twitter by someone at Jets camp.

https://twitter.com/SeanLDurham/status/239041285208563712

This dude is a good interior slot receiver. AFter watching All 22, I see why the Jets are high on him.

:childplease: I can find quotes saying same thing about White. I just remember him being apart of receivers who couldn't get any separation last year.

You keep saying he's a beast, so who does his game resemble you of ?

NYC Rebel

Daps
:childplease: I can find quotes saying same thing about White. I just remember him being apart of receivers who couldn't get any separation last year.

You keep saying he's a beast, so who does his game resemble you of ?

Remember what you remember. I watch entire routes he runs. On one 3rd down, I see him run a crossing pattern and just stop to sit in the zone and Sanchez hit him. Dude is smart.

You're remember scant beliefs. I'm watching HIM and HIM ALONE from the start of plays to the finish....something your TV does NOT give you the luxury of doing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember what you remember. I watch entire routes he runs. On one 3rd down, I see him run a crossing pattern and just stop to sit in the zone and Sanchez hit him. Dude is smart.

You're remember scant beliefs. I'm watching HIM and HIM ALONE from the start of plays to the finish....something your TV does NOT give you the luxury of doing.

Dude, Idc about all of that :what:

Can you answer my question of who his game most resemble you of ? Because of what I been reading on how our offense will be ran through passing is the slot receiver, is the backbone and has to do a lot. Can you count on Kerley to be successful in that role ?

NYC Rebel

Daps
Dude, Idc about all of that :what:

You just don't want to face it that you do NOT see routes from beginning to end.

That is a FACT.

It's the TRUTH. It takes away from your asessment of a receiver. If it didn't, coaches would study film using the normal TV view camera we see watching football on television.

:heh: