GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
You're not an atheist, there's no such thing
:russ:
this that high-grade smart-dumb bs :ohlawd:

it's in the name breh, a-theism. without - theism. like how asymmetry is without symmetry. theists believe in god(s). i'm sure you can work out the rest.

Uh yeah you do, you put your undying trust in man and his intelligence. You don't have an ounce of skepticism when it comes to science. That's worship :sas1:
the scientific method is inherently self-critical. that's how science works, by being skeptical of itself. you have to run numerous, data-driven experiments just for people to accept your hypothesis as a workable hypothesis, let alone as a prevailing theory, which requires not just hypotheses, but predictions of those hypotheses, etc.

Last edited:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This thread is a perfect example of the fact that you never know who is crazy or not. When you interact with others be careful out there, people are literally on the brink of snapping.

You could be talking to someone and think they are normal but not knowing they believe monsters from another dimension are about to destroy the world. Be safe friends :wow:

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
the greatest argument for atheism is when these religious types start trying to debate :mjlol:

if someone was on the fence before, they're not doing themselves any favors
When I moved to Georgia one of my moms bougie coworkers convinced her to put me and my brother in a Christian school. Now, my family was never particularly religious. Up until 7 years old, I only remember ever stepping foot in a church once. Outside of grace before dinner and prayers before sleep, my parents never stressed religion in the house and when we finally did start going to church regularly it was only for the community (when we lived in NY one of my moms coworkers invited her to her church and what really solidified her there was how much they supported us when she had cancer). I can count on one hand how many times my father went to church with us :mjlol:

But to go back to the relevant part, again we move to Georgia when I was in 6th grade and I get put in a Christian school and yo...the goofy ass shyt I saw there, I'm pretty sure set my atheism in motion. I was never completely convinced of religion even as a kid anyway and always viewed the Bible stories as :duck: so now seeing them shyts taught as actual curriculum had me all confused. Even worse, they mixed it into other subjects. The moment I knew something was off and I needed to get the fukk outta there was when I was reading the science textbook and they were talking about the oxygen levels in the atmosphere. Everything seemed normal, until "God has blessed us with the exact amount of oxygen we need to live safely"

Bruh :mindblown: even at a 11, I knew religion and science didn't mix. Thank God we wound up only spending a semester in that stupid ass school, since we moved to a better area of Georgia where the public school was one of the best in the state, cuz I was losing my mind there. I was one of only three brehs on my grade too :heh:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
the scientific method is inherently self-critical. that's how science works, by being skeptical of itself. you have to run numerous, data-driven experiments just for people to accept your hypothesis as a workable hypothesis, let alone as a prevailing theory, which requires not just hypotheses, but predictions of those hypotheses, etc.

science is just a tool, not a belief system though

a hypothesis is just a estimate/guess on how a mechanism works concerning two or more sources of data

problem with most modern science is that "proven" hypotheses don't actually exist, just tested hypotheses. Conclusions exist but they arent necessarily facts

you say you have to run "numerous" experiments but that is actually a lie, most universites do not publish replication studies (tests done again to prove the results were statistically significant)

so in otherwords a great deal of what you think to be true is likely not

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Serpent. Anyway, do you not call people that cross you a snake or snakes? Use your brain. Come on man, come harder.
if the serpent is the tongue the entire passage should be crystal clear

hub_bitingyourtongue_social.jpg

in octopus their tentacles have literal minds of their own. Can a person become possessed by their own tongue? :jbhmm: people love to jokingly say they get led by their downstairs member but maybe its the upstairs member they should be more concerned with

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
this that high-grade smart-dumb bs :ohlawd:

it's in the name breh, a-theism. without - theism. like how asymmetry is without symmetry. theists believe in god(s). i'm sure you can work out the rest.

You trust "the process" of science more than anything in this world :mjlit:

Again you are no atheist, you've been tricked into believing you were :mjlol:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
When I moved to Georgia one of my moms bougie coworkers convinced her to put me and my brother in a Christian school. Now, my family was never particularly religious. Up until 7 years old, I only remember ever stepping foot in a church once. Outside of grace before dinner and prayers before sleep, my parents never stressed religion in the house and when we finally did start going to church regularly it was only for the community (when we lived in NY one of my moms coworkers invited her to her church and what really solidified her there was how much they supported us when she had cancer). I can count on one hand how many times my father went to church with us :mjlol:

But to go back to the relevant part, again we move to Georgia when I was in 6th grade and I get put in a Christian school and yo...the goofy ass shyt I saw there, I'm pretty sure set my atheism in motion. I was never completely convinced of religion even as a kid anyway and always viewed the Bible stories as :duck: so now seeing them shyts taught as actual curriculum had me all confused. Even worse, they mixed it into other subjects. The moment I knew something was off and I needed to get the fukk outta there was when I was reading the science textbook and they were talking about the oxygen levels in the atmosphere. Everything seemed normal, until "God has blessed us with the exact amount of oxygen we need to live safely"

Bruh :mindblown: even at a 11, I knew religion and science didn't mix. Thank God we wound up only spending a semester in that stupid ass school, since we moved to a better area of Georgia where the public school was one of the best in the state, cuz I was losing my mind there. I was one of only three brehs on my grade too :heh:

Yea, Christian schools are a big no no for actually learning. I heard Catholic schools are much better if someone is looking for a private school. But even then, I think I would rather go to the best public school available.