God appreciation thread

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
kevm3 said:
man can someone create a religious debate thread so we don't have to have it entering into every single discussion about religion?

Not gonna happen. I'd suggest you Christians get your arguments in-order or just ignore them if you can't debate the points they try to make.

If you know the material, you can very easily dismantle arguments against the text.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna happen. I'd suggest you Christians get your arguments in-order or just ignore them if you can't debate the points they try to make.

If you know the material, you can very easily dismantle arguments against the text.

Or more like we've been arguing the SAME THINGS for YEARS and it gets tiresome having the same circular debates over and over. This is an appreciation thread, not a 'do you believe or do you not believe' thread. Not every single thread needs to devolve into the same circular debates.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
kevm3 said:
Or more like we've been arguing the SAME THINGS for YEARS and it gets tiresome having the same circular debates over and over. This is an appreciation thread, not a 'do you believe or do you not believe' thread. Not every single thread needs to devolve into the same circular debates.

But it will continue until a definitive answer is found. That is the nature of humanity.

In the meantime, you might wanna look into this:

https://www.logos.com/

Last edited:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If you're going to have a "God appreciation" thread, you have to specify which God. There are many.

If you're referring to the bipolar God of the Bible, you have to understand that he is a mass murderer (bringing floods, plagues, invading non-Israelite nations etc.) and a fiendish torturer. Now granted, he is a fictional character, and if you appreciate him as a ruthless villain, then I think he fits the bill. Causing or allowing the suffering of billions of people is very demonic. :demonic:

But if you think he actually exists, then this is tantamount to making a "Hitler appreciation" thread, in which case there's bound to be some controversy. :yeshrug:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought OP was an atheist. I can't lie...this sort of ruined my day. :wow:

EDIT: Aye my atheist brehs came through and derailed this motherfukker! I see ya'll boys. :salute:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
FrederickDouglas said:
If you're referring to the bipolar God of the Bible, you have to understand that he is a mass murderer (bringing floods, plagues, invading non-Israelite nations etc.) and a fiendish torturer. Now granted, he is a fictional character, and if you appreciate him as a ruthless villain, then I think he fits the bill. Causing or allowing the suffering of billions of people is very demonic. :demonic:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited said:
Your argument is just a non sequitur. It can be reduced to this statement: "Everything in the Bible is prescriptive: none of it is descriptive."

:snooze:

Nefrodamus

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#90'sgang
they know they are hellbound.

the hellfire is burning early for these heathens
I'm practically an atheist as well. I just felt like the thread derail was disrespectful, your comment kind of validated it for me though