Givin Away Belts to the less Fortunate...Danny Swift Garcia v Paulie Malignaggi Fight Thread

What Happens??

• Total voters

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Paulie: Struggletime KO is in the Past

http://www.boxingscene.com/malignaggi-porter-ko-past-garcia-new-chapter--93066

By Keith Idec

Paulie Malignaggi’s knockout loss to Shawn Porter made Malignaggi contemplate retirement.

But now that the former two-division champion has committed to facing another puncher, he has blocked that one-sided defeat to Porter out of his mind. The Brooklyn native says he isn’t worried, either, about the potentially damaging effects another knockout loss to Danny Garcia could have on his long-term health.

“I don’t even think about that stuff, man,” Malignaggi said. “You have to have a short memory in boxing. And that applies to both when you look good and when you look bad. I mean, whatever has happened to you in the past, it doesn’t matter. Whether it was good or bad, you can’t take that into the ring with you in your next performance. You know?

“You’re starting a new chapter every time you step in the ring for round one in your next fight. So on Aug. 1, round one is a new chapter for me. And so I don’t consider it. I don’t think about what’s happened to me in the past, whether it was good or bad. Obviously the last fight was bad, but it’s something I haven’t thought about in a long time and it doesn’t go through my mind.”

The 34-year-old Malignaggi (33-6, 7 KOs) will face Philadelphia’s Garcia (30-0, 17 KOs), who’ll make his debut as a full-fledged welterweight, in a 12-round fight Aug. 1 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. ESPN will televise the Garcia-Malignaggi match and a 12-round middleweight bout that’ll pit WBA 160-pound champion Daniel Jacobs (29-1, 26 KOs), of Brooklyn, against Los Angeles’ Sergio Mora (28-3, 9 KOs).

Malignaggi hasn’t fought since Porter overwhelmed him and recorded a fourth-round knockout 14½ months ago in Washington, D.C. The Showtime commentator was supposed to box Boston-area southpaw Danny O’Connor (26-2, 10 KOs) on May 29 at Barclays Center, but was forced to withdraw from the fight after suffering a cut over his left eye during a sparring session May 14.

Daps
My FACTS > your bytch ass wishes :walnuts:

My facts are pointless cuz they prove your hating ass wrong :umad:

Barclays has had fights featuring
Miguel Cotto
Bernard Hopkins
Amir Khan
Adrien Broner
Ruslan Provodnikov
Shawn Porter
Keith Thurman
Andy Lee
Kid Chocolate
Erik Morales
Paulie Malignaggi
Chris Algieri
Devon Alexander
Victor Ortiz
Zab Judah
Erislandy Lara
Austin Trout
The Great David Lemeuix :russ:

A whos who of Boxing stars all behind "mr irrelevant" Danny Garcia at the Barclays :brawklol:

Your favorite Boxer wishes he was irrelevant :88:

Who they fight though

ZzzZzz

Irrelevant

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Breadman gives analysis on Danny Garcia vs Paulie Malignaggi:

I wouldn’t call fighting Malignaggi a cherry pick but Team Garcia does seem a little careful. Danny seems to be easing his way into 147 with a few catchweights around 143 and now he’s fighting Paulie who is not a big puncher. But here is the thing. Call me crazy but I think Paulie troubles Danny if he’s not damaged from the Porter fight. That was a brutal ko and you never know how that damages a fighter but if Paulie is on he troubles Danny.

First off the fight will be in Brooklyn and Paulie fights his butt off in Brooklyn. Also stylistically Danny comes in squared up with slow feet. Danny has a , flaw in his footwork when he has to track a fighter down. Danny likes it better when you either fight him straight up or you engage him. Danny is not a tracker. He’s an aggressive counterpuncher. It’s an enigma but that’s what he is. Look at him close. He engages, his opponents, makes them open up, then he opens up with them. He knocked Khan out because Khan is a greedy fighter who over punches and he stayed there too long. Herrera didn’t give up so much so therefore Garcia had trouble.

Paulie is not a huge combination puncher. He’s more of a double jab, stick and move guy. The big question for Paulie is will he have the physical strength or pop to hold Danny off, because Danny will let his hands fly if he feels things are close. It’s hard to make an accurate prediction because again we don’t know what Paulie has left. But my gut tells me if Paulie makes it past 4 rounds, he’s live. I wouldn’t pick him because it’s tough to get better in your mid 30s. But I’m not sure he gets steamrolled. Danny is in a little bit of a performance slump right now.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=93171

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Jus because you wish it so doesn't make it true :mjlol:

3.4 Milly rating on NBC :gladbron:

Biggest live Gate attendance at the Barclay's center EVER including Cottos fight

#swiftset so irrelevant :banderas:

45pIE5m.jpg

:umad:

3.4 million people watched him get a fukkin boxing lesson. But I'll let you tell it. Come on and bring out them compubox numbers Choc.

Can't believe I'm rooting for Garcia. :snoop:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
3.4 million people watched him get a fukkin boxing lesson. But I'll let you tell it. Come on and bring out them compubox numbers Choc.

Can't believe I'm rooting for Garcia. :snoop:

You think them 3.4 milly casuals saw Garcia take a L or they Saw Peterson running like a bytch N get bood :mjlol:

Them nikkas have NO love for the performance Peterson displayed 3/4 of the fight...a good amount of actual boxing fans had less then kind words for PED style...what you think them casuals feel bout it??

So Mr Casual will be watching NFL live see a Danny Swift Garcia commercial on ESPN N go "that nice Puerto Rican fella is fighting again he comes to fight" :gladbron:

Meanwhile PED "took no damage" in April but has absolutely ZERO scheduled

Guerrero got beat to a pulp N headlined a card 2 months later tho :francis: