GIVE A TEAM A RING N FEED EM 4 A YEAR, GIVE EM A DYNASTY N FEED EM 4 A LIFETIME: 2021 LAKERS THREAD

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
supposedly shroe said no to 4 years 80 million.. not getting that anymore.. harrell said no to 4 year 80 million from hornets (on Rich's advice) he not getting that... drum thinks he get another multi year deal starting at 14 million a year.. nope.. brehs. tripping

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
supposedly shroe said no to 4 years 80 million.. not getting that anymore.. harrell said no to 4 year 80 million from hornets (on Rich's advice) he not getting that... drum thinks he get another multi year deal starting at 14 million a year.. nope.. brehs. tripping

Trez is still getting paid

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Ehhh, I am. Every great player eventually gets that one injury that notarizes their Larry Holmes papers overnight even if they would've shaken it off 5 years earlier.

Lebron can still be effective if you use him as a point forward because of his IQ and size he will always be effective controlling the pace and setting guys up.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Honestly this season was on AD being injury prone.
Although was a fluke injury, I dont think Bron gets hurt if AD wasnt hurt.

We were talking favorite for the MVP/looking to repeat, etc.

The combination of Adam Silver starting the season too soon and AD needs to really focus on diet, recovery, training. Just invest the 2 mill a year to get the shyt done.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Facts. Real talk I rather have lost now than watch the Nets treat us like rag dolls. We had to throw the whole team at harden last year in the playoffs so wtf were we gonna do with Kyrie and KD? And truth be told we were never gonna beat the clippers if we met them either
Yeah, I said back a couple weeks before the season ended that I only had them 50-50 to even make the WCF....and I don't feel any differently now even if AD hadn't gotten reinjured. Bron just didn't have that extra gear after he came back from injury that would have been necessary to overcome how terrible #3-#10 on the roster were playing.

It's partially on Vogel but more on the front office. Since LeBron got there, why would you surround a guy known for orchestrating efficient 3-point offenses with poor-shooting roleplayers? Never really made sense. It worked out last year but offense was still their achilles heel.
Last year it worked cause Bron/AD played great, KCP/Morris stepped up as legitimate 3-and-D players at key moments, and they at least had 1 good fit in every role.

This year they were fukked cause they lost two roles completely ("Defensive 5 banger" and "Solid PG to run the offense when Bron sits") and the players they picked up didn't fit any important role at all. They should have resigned Dwight and used Danny Green, Kuz, THT, draft picks and their cap space to sign/trade for a defensive swingman, a lockdown shooter, and a backup PG who can run the offense well.

I think Bron came in saying that he would cater the offense to AD instead of playing "Bron ball"

They need a real 5 that can spread the floor like the Bucks have with Brook Lopez
Catering the offense to AD still requires a bunch of shooters cause AD insists on playing the 4 and he's just not a good enough outside shooter yet to spread the court from there. Starting off with Bron, AD, and a 5, you better have damn good shooters at the guards. And the Lakers just don't.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
sounds like Denis wants to come back...

pg. bron.. Denis will come of bench
sg. starter quality sg preferebly 3d.. i think kcp needs a new home.
sf. starter quality 3 and d as well
pf.ad.. doesn't wanna bang
c. stretch 5 . rim running 5.. either could start as long as we get both looks..

I'd like to keep caruso tht and ben.. don't know if we're keeping kief..

idonttouchgrass

Superstar
Daps
He’s finally LeWashed
rU31MlA.png

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
If i was Palinka ill trade AD to the celtics give me brown, smart, thompson, and r.williams and 1 first round pick.. Take AD and kuzma

AD to fragile he got to go.

Than go sign Duncan robinson, j allen, kyle lowry, and a few more role players.
Nice package but Bron won’t let it happen..

Nice trade though

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I know folks like Pelinka on here but man I can't believe his big offseason acquisition was a 6'9 PF when you already have AD and Lebron.. Especially after seeing this team brick 3 after 3 last season WITHOUT crowds.