GIVE A TEAM A RING N FEED EM 4 A YEAR, GIVE EM A DYNASTY N FEED EM 4 A LIFETIME: 2021 LAKERS THREAD

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It's partially on Vogel but more on the front office. Since LeBron got there, why would you surround a guy known for orchestrating efficient 3-point offenses with poor-shooting roleplayers? Never really made sense. It worked out last year but offense was still their achilles heel.

I think Bron came in saying that he would cater the offense to AD instead of playing "Bron ball"

They need a real 5 that can spread the floor like the Bucks have with Brook Lopez

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I'm not too worried about Bron...as long as he doesnt get hurt again.

He's been a completely different player every time he comes back from a major injury.

If he cant get to the rim/finish in the half court he's just not the same guy. Rest should do him good, but gotta hope he stays healthy.

I think AD will just be an every other year nikka. I expect him to dominate next year and play at an MVP after getting some much needed rest. However, he doesnt have dominant mindset to do it year in and year out.
Ehhh, I am. Every great player eventually gets that one injury that notarizes their Larry Holmes papers overnight even if they would've shaken it off 5 years earlier.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Well if he cant do it year in and year out we're in trouble unless we somehow someway finesse another max FA. Im so beyond expecting Bron to carry everything for the team. If he falls back into a #2 role due to age/injury that's completely fine with me. It's not his job to "step up" anymore. This nikka AD needs to be THAT nikka and firmly step into that full fledged elite #1 star on a contending team role and let Bron relax next season so he can be fresh for the playoffs. Otherwise we in trouble cuz expecting bron to be superman at this point is pointless and outdated
Its wild cause you'd think after that dominant run by AD last year he would stamp his claim as the best in the league. Hopefully this is a wake up call for him.

I actually think the Bucks have a chance against the Nets primarily because of Giannis. AD needs to get back being dominant. This league moves on quickly if you not winning.
Facts. Real talk I rather have lost now than watch the Nets treat us like rag dolls. We had to throw the whole team at harden last year in the playoffs so wtf were we gonna do with Kyrie and KD? And truth be told we were never gonna beat the clippers if we met them either
I think last years team would have beat the Clippers and been a great finals vs. a team like the Nets. Primarily because AD/Bron both were posting 30 PERs which was unprecedented. Would have been a slaughter this year. Yea and we need a team to pull a Harden. Problem is Kuz kept killing his trade value with each playoff game.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What free agents do we try to grab this offseason? We fukked up by not trading for Seth Curry. We need someone like him.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Schroder shouldn't get a dime from unless it's a sign and trade.

Who should we try to trade for or sign this offseason? Maybe we should sign Melo. We could use his scoring off the bench.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
If I knew we were gonna lose I'd rather we ran it back though. At least the culture was good. Danny Green could be a trash ass player at times, but he competed.

Rondo could be dreadful in the regular season. However, he found Bron and AD cutting to the rim. He was one guy who could challenge Bron and get him to respond. He would get AD those easy baskets so he wasnt working as hard.

Dwight was not scared. He was not dumb. Ayton would not have wanted the smoke with Dwight for a full series. Drummond gave him confidence.

Trez...well the move was actually working. Good 6th man that kept AD fresh and needed when he was hurt. However, yea find a shooter with his cash.

I dont blame Rob. However, because we had such short offseason we lost our chemistry. Even though we were still the 2nd seed till AD got hurt.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
If I knew we were gonna lose I'd rather we ran it back though. At least the culture was good. Danny Green could be a trash ass player at times, but he competed.

Rondo could be dreadful in the regular season. However, he found Bron and AD cutting to the rim. He was one guy who could challenge Bron and get him to respond. He would get AD those easy baskets so he wasnt working as hard.

Dwight was not scared. He was not dumb. Ayton would not have wanted the smoke with Dwight for a full series. Drummond gave him confidence.

Trez...well the move was actually working. Good 6th man that kept AD fresh and needed when he was hurt. However, yea find a shooter with his cash.

I dont blame Rob. However, because we had such short offseason we lost our chemistry. Even though we were still the 2nd seed till AD got hurt.

This team is miles better than last year except for Dwight missing. We were fukked by injuries and constant rotations this year. We basically went into the playoffs unhealthy with no rhythm. Last year we had shooting problems too, but they were masked by Lebron/AD performances and the role players finding a rhythm.

We shouldnt have even been in the play in game tbh. But it is what it is:yeshrug:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
heat supposedly interested in shroe... sign and trade? Duncan? but he wants 20 a year too smh.