GIVE A TEAM A RING N FEED EM 4 A YEAR, GIVE EM A DYNASTY N FEED EM 4 A LIFETIME: 2021 LAKERS THREAD

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Seriously this team has not been a good offensive team since Vogel has been there. They need some shooters that can stretch the floor and need to redo their whole offensive outlook.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He was going to the rim a lot too. Should've had twice that many at least

At the end of the day, while the officiating in the second half didn't help, getting blitzed like that early will result in a loss 90% of the time. AD should not have been playing
I think starting AD threw the team out of wack. Defensive rotation were weird, next thing we tried a zone, Dennis was complete ass to start the game. Booker had an all time start, but we never tried trapping him.

I didnt want Drummond to start, but shyt maybe it would have went better cause they might have tried to feed Ayton to start the game.

But yea we needed Booker to only hit like 2 3s :manny::francis:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We need to draft Josh Christopher with our pick and let him rock. Let’s be honest, our window is closed. We need to try to hit a home run and it needs to be a wing player. We had the worst wing rotation in the league. Re-signing KCP was a terrible move in hindsight

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
all jokes aside from the other threads.....this season never felt right. AD wasnt really playing that good even before he got hurt, and Bron got a serious injury as well. I kinda looked at the season as a wash once they both got hurt. Sucks we couldn't get a title where we could enjoy a parade and shyt. But whatever. We played ourselves not resigning Dwight and maybe even Rondo.

All in all my main concern is AD and his inability to stay healthy. It is what it is with Bron, he old af and at least he brought us a title. I wanna see AD grab that #1 role on the team but i dont think he has it in him.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Just came in here to say fukk the Lakers and fukk @Sccit you pathetic, miserable, fat, sloppy, lying ass weasel muh'fukka.

:mjgrin:
:mjlit: The Worriers couldnt even make the playoffs

UnevenWhiteBug-size_restricted.gif

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
all jokes aside from the other threads.....this season never felt right. AD wasnt really playing that good even before he got hurt, and Bron got a serious injury as well. I kinda looked at the season as a wash once they both got hurt. Sucks we couldn't get a title where we could enjoy a parade and shyt. But whatever. We played ourselves not resigning Dwight and maybe even Rondo.

All in all my main concern is AD and his inability to stay healthy. It is what it is with Bron, he old af and at least he brought us a title. I wanna see AD grab that #1 role on the team but i dont think he has it in him.
The rushed start to the season set the tone.

Maybe missing the playoffs would have been better for the Lakers. AD and Bron really needed to fully recuperate.

Daps
I remember being impressed reading about how Kuz said he stayed in the gym 7 AM to 7 PM before coming into the league. Seems like dude lost the work ethic he came in with…
The Tyler Herro of the western conference (just without the playoff run)
Big market and just not ready for all the attention and praise

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

I'm not too worried about Bron...as long as he doesnt get hurt again.

He's been a completely different player every time he comes back from a major injury.

If he cant get to the rim/finish in the half court he's just not the same guy. Rest should do him good, but gotta hope he stays healthy.

I think AD will just be an every other year nikka. I expect him to dominate next year and play at an MVP after getting some much needed rest. However, he doesnt have dominant mindset to do it year in and year out.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The rushed start to the season set the tone.

Maybe missing the playoffs would have been better for the Lakers. AD and Bron really needed to fully recuperate.
Missing the playoffs last time helped keep to start the season strong. So maybe. Just about 7 games played (play in).

Watching Booker shoot the lights out made me imagine the Nets stomping us. So better to know now we need to tweak the roster. Let these other teams get drained from a playoff run.

I stil think a 70% AD and the Lakers beat the Suns, but whatever.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Missing the playoffs last time helped keep to start the season strong. So maybe. Just about 7 games played (play in).

Watching Booker shoot the lights out made me imagine the Nets stomping us. So better to know now we need to tweak the roster. Let these other teams get drained from a playoff run.

I stil think a 70% AD and the Lakers beat the Suns, but whatever.
Facts. Real talk I rather have lost now than watch the Nets treat us like rag dolls. We had to throw the whole team at harden last year in the playoffs so wtf were we gonna do with Kyrie and KD? And truth be told we were never gonna beat the clippers if we met them either

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Seriously this team has not been a good offensive team since Vogel has been there. They need some shooters that can stretch the floor and need to redo their whole offensive outlook.
It's partially on Vogel but more on the front office. Since LeBron got there, why would you surround a guy known for orchestrating efficient 3-point offenses with poor-shooting roleplayers? Never really made sense. It worked out last year but offense was still their achilles heel.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I'm not too worried about Bron...as long as he doesnt get hurt again.

He's been a completely different player every time he comes back from a major injury.

If he cant get to the rim/finish in the half court he's just not the same guy. Rest should do him good, but gotta hope he stays healthy.

I think AD will just be an every other year nikka. I expect him to dominate next year and play at an MVP after getting some much needed rest. However, he doesnt have dominant mindset to do it year in and year out.

Well if he cant do it year in and year out we're in trouble unless we somehow someway finesse another max FA. Im so beyond expecting Bron to carry everything for the team. If he falls back into a #2 role due to age/injury that's completely fine with me. It's not his job to "step up" anymore. This nikka AD needs to be THAT nikka and firmly step into that full fledged elite #1 star on a contending team role and let Bron relax next season so he can be fresh for the playoffs. Otherwise we in trouble cuz expecting bron to be superman at this point is pointless and outdated

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

Honestly once they were out for that long y'all should've just wrote the season off. You can stand your best players missing 6 weeks and coming back in the middle portion of the season. Right before the playoffs, though, with a newly-assembled roster? Just wasn't going to happen - can't be recovering and getting back in shape during the playoffs when your roster has no cogent identity and is still trying to figure out rotations. Terrible timing