GIVE A TEAM A RING N FEED EM 4 A YEAR, GIVE EM A DYNASTY N FEED EM 4 A LIFETIME: 2021 LAKERS THREAD

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
People really blaming Pelinka...

roster construction wasn't an issue early on in the season when everything was going well.

he can't make Kuz, KCP, Wes, Markieff, AD hit their shots from the perimeter. these are guys that were known as good shooters coming into the season.
Roster construction was shyt from the beginning. I told y'all over and over from the beginning.

Markieff, AD, Kuz are NOT good shooters, they are average to below average with occasional good runs. KCP has always been inconsistent as fukk. And everyone knew that Wes was getting old and falling off.

The team didn't sign a single elite shooter. They didn't sign any good distributors to replace Rondo. They didn't sign any defensive bangers to replace Dwight unless you count Gasol who Vogel is mysteriously determined not to play. They refused to fill their need for a 3-and-D swingman with size and instead just ran back Markieff who they don't really trust at all. They spent most of their money on a low-IQ non-shooting PG and an undersized non-shooting center both of whom have games that don't translate to the playoffs at all. And instead of fixing their needs with trades during the season, all they did was pay up Kuzma and sign Drummond, both of which backfired like a motherfukker.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Who we rooting for in the playoffs brehs?

I might fukk with the Jazz and the Bucks

I don't care if the Nets win either :manny:
Unfortunately the two teams I would root for who fought a classic match tonight are both underdogs and will probably be gone sooner rather than later.

Best team with a chance that I would root for is the Sixers I guess.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Such a disappointing season. Started off damn good, but once AD went down it was the start of the troublesome year. :mjcry:

Hopefully this motivates them next season. It was close to being our year too. :francis:

Honestly I expected this to happen last year. Once it was clear that the Lakers were relying almost entirely on AD and Bron, I said it was 50-50 that both would even make it through the season. Turned out they got lucky and made it through year 1 but the expected injuries came in year 2 instead.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

In one of the most important games in the playoffs, he pulled the same amount of points as AD tonight :pachaha:.

I been bamboozled :skip:

But nikkas was mad at me in that game thread versus the Nets when I said the idea of thinking this dude was going to actually go head to head with Kyrie consistently was absurd. He’s not on that tier - the shyt I was hearing was ridiculous. Dude got the nerve to turn down our extension smh.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nah the offense is really bad no shooting and too reliant on a soon to be 37 year old LeBron. Season is a wash AD wasn’t AD all year. Guys feeling the effects of that championship run short turnaround and condensed season.

Told nikkas Wes Matthews was significantly worse than Danny Green and Schro is a chemistry killer who thinks he’s better than he really is.

Horrible GM’ing by Pelinka he needs to go out there and get shooters
Not here for the Bron stan spin, take it to another thread lol

Pelinka did what their stars wanted

If this is what Bron wanted then none of y'all can say jack shyt about Bron Ball or him needing shooters again. :mjlol:

They traded away their starting SG for a ball-dominant poor decision-making PG who can't shoot, spent the rest of their money on an undersized no-defense center who can't shoot, re-upped the contract of a terrible forward who can't shoot, bet the buy-out period on a second no-defense center who can't shoot, and didn't sign a single meaningful shooter at the 2-3-4 despite being 24th in 3pt makes and 21st in 3pt% last year.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@Sccit is a disgrace to LWO.
@Sccit low key dissing Bron after he gave y all a ring. :dead:
Let some other Lakers fan make a '21 thread, Sccit is a ungrateful fakkit, judas ass nikka
This is a nice lil offseason thread, but you need to make the real season thread for next year.
Let @2Quik4UHoes make the official thread
He got good juju

I have a bad feeling Lebron or AD gets injured in 2021 if this shytty thread is the official one
No crying..... this won’t end well but it’s whatever.

In the end we know who took the L so we can keep it moving
Yall called it. Maybe @2Quik4UHoes can make an offseason thread now to offset the jinx. :mjlol:
We tried to tell everyone :unimpressed:

I don't know if it was true but someone earlier claimed y'all specifically had @Sccit make the thread so that I wouldn't see it cause I had him on ignore.

giphy.gif

Maybe now that he lost our bet and is banned from the team thread the jinx will reverse. :ehh:

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
I don't know if it was true but someone earlier claimed y'all specifically had @Sccit make the thread so that I wouldn't see it cause I had him on ignore.

giphy.gif

Maybe now that he lost our bet and is banned from the team thread the jinx will reverse. :ehh:

THE BET WAS OFF AFTER I PUT YOU ON IGNORE

:mjlit:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Did you miss the entire 2018 Finals run you idiot?

He's either still injured or washed & the roster doesn't do him any favors. They can pack the paint & force the Lakers scrubs to attempt to beat them from outside.

THE 2018 RUN WHERE HE LOST?

:deadmanny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Dont blame Bron/AD for this one, but I do blame them for game 1. That was their chance to punch them in the mouth and they pissed it away. Now facing elimination.
Bron had been back for what, 2 games? He clearly isn't himself and doesn't even dominate Game 1's under normal circumstances, he certainly isn't going to do it when he's still trying to feel his legs under him.

Bron and AD were both plagued by injuries, that just is what it is. But that only showed how big the shortcomings were in the rest of the roster.

What are the chances of Lakers winning two games in a row?
Zero if Bron and AD aren't healthy. Unless Bron has a flashback game or AD somehow comes back with one of those random dominant performances the Lakers are done done.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
THE 2018 RUN WHERE HE LOST?

:deadmanny:
NAAH DAME IS A KILLER, NO COMPARISON
Dame, who has won 4 playoff series in his entire life, only reached 40 points 3 times in his entire playoff career before tonight, and averages 25-4-6 on 40% shooting in the postseason with no defense, is a killer in your opinion.

But Bron, who won 3 playoff series in 2018 alone, who scored 42+ points 9 times in that single playoff run, who became the first player in NBA history to hit two buzzer-beater game-winners in the same playoff run, who averaged 34-9-9 on 54% shooting in that postseason, and who put up 51-8-8 on 19-32 shooting in a Finals game against one of the best teams ever assembled only to still lose cause his teammates were incompetent fools....can be discounted solely because he didn't manage to singlehandedly beat an all-time team in the Finals.

Do you realize how dumb your posting looks when you do this?

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
What are the chances of Lakers winning two games in a row?

You think they will play with a sense of desperation for the next two games? Do you think this punch in the gut woke them up? Will Dennis get his contract in the summer? Will Kuzma change his hair color again?

Fight out on the next episode of LakerBall Z
The Lakers: they have an actual chance, 70-80%. They have the experience, they have the stars, they have the size, the defense and most importantly: a motivated LeBron is scary.

BUT...

The Lakers with a completely disappeared Schroder, potentially no AD, KCP he can't even hit the big logo on the middle of the court let alone hit a three and Kyle Kuzma who LITERALLY is better at Instagram than at basketball... it'll be VERY hard.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Dame, who has won 4 playoff series in his entire life, only reached 40 points 3 times in his entire playoff career before tonight, and averages 25-4-6 on 40% shooting in the postseason with no defense, is a killer in your opinion.

But Bron, who won 3 playoff series in 2018 alone, who scored 42+ points 9 times in that single playoff run, who became the first player in NBA history to hit two buzzer-beater game-winners in the same playoff run, who averaged 34-9-9 on 54% shooting in that postseason, and who put up 51-8-8 on 19-32 shooting in a Finals game against one of the best teams ever assembled only to still lose cause his teammates were incompetent fools....can be discounted solely because he didn't manage to singlehandedly beat an all-time team in the Finals.

Do you realize how dumb your posting looks when you do this?

WERE U EVEN WATCHIN THE BLAZERS TONIGHT?

IF U DONT UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE UR AN IDIOT

WOULD U TRADE LEBRON FOR DAME STR8 UP RIGHT NOW? U SUPPOSEDLY A “BLAZERS FAN” SO THAT SHOULD BE A GOOD TRADE FOR YOUR TEAM, RIGHT?

:dead: