GIVE A TEAM A RING N FEED EM 4 A YEAR, GIVE EM A DYNASTY N FEED EM 4 A LIFETIME: 2021 LAKERS THREAD

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
He wanted a pg and Pelinka got a good one (6moy candidate), lets not pretend 99% of the fanbase wasn't ready to ship Danny Green out. 75% of the roster is Klutch clients, Trez is on Lakers because of Klutch, nothing more. Andre Drummond was recruited by AD and LeBron. Dudley got a spot because he is cool with both.

Pelinka has catered to them fully, on paper this roster looked very good. Go on first page, everyone was talking about how great the depth was. Sometimes shyt does not work out and players don't mesh. Also we dealt with a lot of injuries. Blaming Pelinka is just dumb. We were up in this series before AD got hurt too.
We knew this team needed more shooting. We knew it last season and we certainly knew it by the trade deadline. Lebron + shooters is a tried and proven method. Pelinka has consistently failed to add shooting around Lebron and AD. Guys like Evan Fournier, Otto Porter, Gary Trent, Terrence Ross and Norman Powell were available and not for a hefty price. Pelinka has a tough job having to cater to Klutch, Bron and AD but his number one priority should have always been shooting. The theory of the team makes little sense and Pelinka preferring to keep a 20 year old 2nd round pick over proven talent that could improve the Lakers championship odds is worthy of criticism.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
We knew this team needed more shooting. We knew it last season and we certainly knew it by the trade deadline. Lebron + shooters is a tried and proven method. Pelinka has consistently failed to add shooting around Lebron and AD. Guys like Evan Fournier, Otto Porter, Gary Trent, Terrence Ross and Norman Powell were available and not for a hefty price. Pelinka has a tough job having to cater to Klutch, Bron and AD but his number one priority should have always been shooting. The theory of the team makes little sense and Pelinka preferring to keep a 20 year old 2nd round pick over proven talent that could improve the Lakers championship odds is worthy of criticism.
I see both sides to it.

The issue for the Lakers is guys who were expected to make 3s (Dennis/Wes) have been letdowns. It just makes it that much tougher.

It also hurts that Bron, AD, KCP are all injured to some degree.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Have you seen Evan Fournier in Boston? :mjtf:

Otto Porter is worth 27 mil, you would have to trade 6 guys for him (impossible to trade for him)

Ross was not available..Trent and Powell went for each other, we have 0 assets for either one. None of the guys you listed had a realistic trade path here, outside of Fournier and I am good on that.

The only place Pelinka failed is getting Lowry. If you want to criticize him for that, it is fair. Lowry is a champion and much better than any of the 3 guys going out

We signed Danny Green last year and he was horrible, he was getting death threats thats how bad he was and now we have revisionist history being done here saying we should have kept him.

Wesley, Kuzma, KCP are all shoot first guys, they were just bad like how Danny Green was. It was not for lack of trying. Pelinka even signed Ben McLemore. Saying he failed to address shooting is not true, our guys just underperformed.

Despite that, we were 2 games behind 1st seed before injuries. We were leading in this series before injuries so blaming the roster is just a dumb excuse, we are hurt it is what it is. I expect better effort, I am not mad at losing without the 2nd best player on the roster.

On paper he did a great job, he was getting praised a lot before the season. He managed to get 2 six man of the year candidates on a roster that barely had any rest in hopes that they would carry the burden. He got KCP and Kuzma on good deals that are very tradeable. It just didn't work offensively. :yeshrug:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
What are the chances of Lakers winning two games in a row?

You think they will play with a sense of desperation for the next two games? Do you think this punch in the gut woke them up? Will Dennis get his contract in the summer? Will Kuzma change his hair color again?

Fight out on the next episode of LakerBall Z

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People really blaming Pelinka...

roster construction wasn't an issue early on in the season when everything was going well.

he can't make Kuz, KCP, Wes, Markieff, AD hit their shots from the perimeter. these are guys that were known as good shooters coming into the season.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
People really blaming Pelinka...

roster construction wasn't an issue early on in the season when everything was going well.

he can't make Kuz, KCP, Wes, Markieff, AD hit their shots from the perimeter. these are guys that were known as good shooters coming into the season.
Getting Montrezz and Schroder to carry the load after a short season was great on paper too, too bad both forgot how to play. Watch them be like Danny Green and have career seasons after they leave:pacspit:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Have you seen Evan Fournier in Boston? :mjtf:

Otto Porter is worth 27 mil, you would have to trade 6 guys for him (impossible to trade for him)

Ross was not available..Trent and Powell went for each other, we have 0 assets for either one. None of the guys you listed had a realistic trade path here, outside of Fournier and I am good on that.

The only place Pelinka failed is getting Lowry. If you want to criticize him for that, it is fair. Lowry is a champion and much better than any of the 3 guys going out

We signed Danny Green last year and he was horrible, he was getting death threats thats how bad he was and now we have revisionist history being done here saying we should have kept him.

Wesley, Kuzma, KCP are all shoot first guys, they were just bad like how Danny Green was. It was not for lack of trying. Pelinka even signed Ben McLemore. Saying he failed to address shooting is not true, our guys just underperformed.

Despite that, we were 2 games behind 1st seed before injuries. We were leading in this series before injuries so blaming the roster is just a dumb excuse, we are hurt it is what it is. I expect better effort, I am not mad at losing without the 2nd best player on the roster.

On paper he did a great job, he was getting praised a lot before the season. He managed to get 2 six man of the year candidates on a roster that barely had any rest in hopes that they would carry the burden. He got KCP and Kuzma on good deals that are very tradeable. It just didn't work offensively. :yeshrug:
I forgot Otto was paid the max. Ross could have been traded for, Orlando was unloading assets. I would have traded for Fournier and I damn sure would have traded for Lowry. Hindsight 20/20 but any team hinging their shooting hopes on post achilles Matthews and Kyle Kuzma is asking for trouble. This team was great and will continue to be great (when healthy) because Lebron and AD is the best duo in the league but can you imagine if they sacrificed some of the defense for sharpshooters like Forbes or Seth Curry?

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Getting Montrezz and Schroder to carry the load after a short season was great on paper too, too bad both forgot how to play. Watch them be like Danny Green and have career seasons after they leave:pacspit:

Honestly can't even put Trezz in the same category as Dennis. Trezz has been set up to fail. He played how I expected him to play on offense. defense was bad like we expected. it's not that bad that he can't get run. he's a 6th man of the year for a reason

dennis is by far my most hated Laker since I don't even know.