Give 3 reasons why so many people are jobless?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Lazy, lack of education and skill.

There are many jobs out here, damn good ones at that. Problem is, most people don't have the right skillset or education needed to get them. And most people throw up every excuse to keep from going back to school to develop that needed skillset, thus leading to most people not :eat:ing and having to wait until the economy get better to get a somewhat decent job.

So they are lazy because that don't have the skills for the jobs that are hiring?

Doesn't it take money to learn those skills ?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
There same things that drive employment up is the same thing that drives employment down.
What really creates jobs? Private business and governments have jobs.
Why do private businesses need to hire more? The workload or business has increased.
Why do governments need to hire more? The need to provide more services.
Where do they get the money? Private businesses get more cash flow. Governments get more cash flow.

When the cash flow goes down, they can't afford to hire. Sometimes, they need to lay off people.
Why the decreased cash flow? Less profits. Where did the original cash flow come from? Exported goods for a manufacturing business. Local business demand for a service-based business like a restaurant.

Big corporations and governments can bring in a lot of good jobs. These jobs bring more people into a community. These people can pay for rent and buy houses. Apartment owners get more income. Contractors build more houses. Manufacturers supply contractors. Money starts trickling down to local businesses like gas stations, restaurants, stores, and whatever other local businesses.

Artificial flow of cash caused major problems. During the mid 2000s, big banks changed mortgage rules and allowed lower-income people to afford homes with modified mortgage programs. You didn't need to have as much money down and your initial payments were lower. This caused a huge demand for homes. People were flipping homes and making profit and buying new homes for themselves. This drived new home construction up. Money started flowing. Contractors, suppliers, manufacturers of equipment, parts, tools for home construction all were cashing in and growing. Hiring more. Then, low-income home-owners began defaulting on their mortgages. This spread like crazy. New home construction shrunk. People lost jobs. Home sales went down. People in the flipping business got stuck with two mortgages and the home they were flipping dropped in value to less than they bought it for.

Oddly enough, the communities that didn't benefit from the cash flow of the housing bubble of the mid 2000s didn't collapse like the other communities. They didn't get more jobs, but they didn't need to cut jobs. Their communities didn't grow so more civil jobs (teachers and cops) weren't needed. More taxes were not brought in, but a drop in tax revenue wasn't experienced.

It's really strange why the Dow Jones is up like the whole housing bubble pop didn't happen. What's driving that up? Speculation. Investment bankers don't like it when the DJI is low. People aren't happy. They have to drive it up. I don't like it. It's providing a false sense of security. The Dow Jones should be around 10,000 to 11,000 points, not in the 13,000s.
Greece is not a biggie. When China goes down the drain, all stock markets around the world are going to tank hard. More recession and joblessness.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
so you enjoy Babylon..?

One of the greatest countries on earth breh. But ya'll have more traps here to keep the public down its incredible. Once you can move thru the system its all gravy.

Glad my sons were born in America, they have access to more things that I ever had.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
people dont use the computer, its a bunch of places that will tell u to apply online or email your resume.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Not being connected with the right people

The competition of jobs between people & not too many of them available

lack of education or skills for certain fields
This is the truth, i had to beg a co-worker who got let go, to get an email account, he was thinking he was going to get a job being in the right place at the right time. He was a moron, not knowing the right people is a killer, because the jobs are only limited a small circle of people.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
1. lowballing. companies are not paying people what they are used to making. if you got a choice between bringing home $1600 monthly in unemployment or $1000 monthly with employment. which one are you taking?? some people will say yeah but at least you have insurance. well some people are willing to do without. they will just go to the er if they need something.

2. relocation- companies aren't trying to pay relocation assistance. and the ones that are, you got people who are too scared to make that move. fear of the unknown

3. competition. too many people not enough jobs. we are picking the wrong career paths. we have too many people with business degrees. too many people with finance degrees. we need to take advantage of education by going to med school and law school. we need more black male nurses and teachers. we need to pick jobs where you are NEEDED. not jobs where 40 people are applying for the same position

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I came to post this. Do people realize we went from our strongest point in history: great economy, peace, budget surpluses. To one of our 3 lowest points (civil war and great depression being worse), multiple wars, economic turmiol, record debt, in a matter of 8 years. It's really incredible.

Since 9/11, everything went shyt.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Since 9/11, everything went shyt.

Yep. Anytime I reminisce about the 90s I get a little :to: .

On a large scale, the last decade has sucked immensely. People that entered the workforce in the 90s or early 2000s are mad lucky.

I think the Internet makes it WORSE for people trying to apply for jobs. Not only do you have to worry about your resume getting filtered out by a computer program for some bullshyt reason (ie. you didn't have a keyword they're looking for), most openings will get hundreds of responses. I'd imagine that back in the day you could at least show up and hand your resume in and try to at least make a good impression.