Give 3 reasons why so many people are jobless?

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
For me it's simple. I pretty much resigned from my full-time job because it fukked up my back (worked 2 years doing extremely physical labor). Didn't have time to go to school because the schedule was pretty much all day long with varying times of getting off work (couldn't plan shyt) but we had weekends off. Now I'm working a temp job to try and make ends meet and attending college courses online. Been applying for FT jobs but only had 2 offers over the summer and got declined by both. I learned now to never tell jobs that your attending school because for w/e reason, they look at black men like we should be slaves to the job with no need to upgrade our skills in life.

NO IT'S BECAUSE THEY WANT LONG TERM EMPLOYEES. WHY HIRE AND TRAIN YOU JUST TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN WHEN YOU LEAVE AFTER YOU GRADUATE? IF YOU'RE HAVING THAT MUCH OF A BAD TIME YOU COULD USE STUDENT LOANS TO OFFSET SOME OF THE FINANCIAL BURDEN. ONLY TAKE OUT WHAT YOU COULD AFFORD TO PAY BACK ON YOUR CURRENT JOB.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
NO IT'S BECAUSE THEY WANT LONG TERM EMPLOYEES. WHY HIRE AND TRAIN YOU JUST TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN WHEN YOU LEAVE AFTER YOU GRADUATE? IF YOU'RE HAVING THAT MUCH OF A BAD TIME YOU COULD USE STUDENT LOANS TO OFFSET SOME OF THE FINANCIAL BURDEN. ONLY TAKE OUT WHAT YOU COULD AFFORD TO PAY BACK ON YOUR CURRENT JOB.
Not sure why your typing in all caps but w/e. They can look at my old jobs that I had to see my time on each job (most were 2+ years). If it was a good job (30k+), I WOULD stay there a long time. But the jobs I've had have been shyt and I'm not working a bit harder than I have to for lower wages, bruh. I can guarantee you that most hiring managers would look more negatively at a black dude attending college than any other race.

MR. SNIFLES

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Not sure why your typing in all caps but w/e. They can look at my old jobs that I had to see my time on each job (most were 2+ years). If it was a good job (30k+), I WOULD stay there a long time. But the jobs I've had have been shyt and I'm not working a bit harder than I have to for lower wages, bruh. I can guarantee you that most hiring managers would look more negatively at a black dude attending college than any other race.

YOUR HISTORY IS ONE THING BUT THE EMPLOYER IS LOOKING AT THE FUTURE TOO. YOU BEING IN SCHOOL SAYS YOU ARE TRYING TO UPGRADE YOUR STATUS OR GET A BETTER POSITION.

YOU CAN'T APPLY FOR A JOB A KMART AND SAY I GOT 6 MONTHS LEFT TO I GRADUATE AND GET MY BACHELORS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE. THEY KNOW DAMN WELL YOU AIN'T TRYING TO WORK AT KMART WITH THE DEGREE.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County

:huhldup:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Jobs moved overseas
Jobs replaced by more efficient technology (this is actually my No.1 reason)
Businesses being pessimistic about possible growth

MR. SNIFLES

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
YOU LAUGH BUT 30K CAN SUPPORT YOU PRETTY DECENT. TO A LOT OF FOLKS A GOOD JOB IS BENEFITS AND ABLE TO SUPPORT A NORMAL LIFE. THAT'S ABOUT 14 AN HOUR. YOU CAN MAKE PRETTY GOOD ON 30K AS LONG AS YOU DON'T LIVE IN fukkIN NEW YORK OR SOME shyt.

MY BILLS ONLY COME OUT TO ABOUT 1600ISH A MONTH

800 RENT
99 CABLE/INTERNET
65ISH CELL
LIGHTS/GAS 125ISH
WATER FREE
INSURANCE 185

JUST UNDER 1300 SUPPORTS MY BASIC BILLS. MAYBE ADD ABOUT 100 BUCKS IN SUBSCRIPTIONS AND shyt. 30K COMES TO ABOUT A LITTLE OVER 2400 A MONTH. AT 30K I'D HAVE 1K TO DO WHATEVER WITH A MONTH. FUUUUUCK IF I DIDN'T HAVE SO MUCH MEDICAL DEBT I'D BE PUTTING AWAY ALMOST 2K A MONTH.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
George
W
Bush

I came to post this. Do people realize we went from our strongest point in history: great economy, peace, budget surpluses. To one of our 3 lowest points (civil war and great depression being worse), multiple wars, economic turmiol, record debt, in a matter of 8 years. It's really incredible.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
low skill set.

I work in IT. It takes us months to fill programming and engineering jobs.

The ones who are qualified are usually immigrants who barely speak English.

This tell me most Americans go to college and TRY HARD to stay away from math and science.

This. The economy is becoming more knowledge or high skill set based and alot of people only have the skills to work manual and low skill jobs. There is alot of job opportunities out there if you have the right skills. I work in the programming and applied math field and there isn't a week myself or my coworkers don't get called by recruiters looking to fill jobs for other companies. even the company i work for had to bring people from abroad to fill spots. A matter of fact in the height of the down turn companies were hiring programmers like it was an economic boom.

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
Illegals
Prison system
Not enough Jobs

If america really wants to get the UE rate don then keep prisoners bored in prison and dont let them work outside. Thats where all the jobs have really gone inmates do every thing now and the states gettin breaded up off them nikkas

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
1.) lack of skills/education. hard to balance that in, since it takes money to go to school. not to mention trying to raise a family while working full time. alot of people just dont have the money or time for school.

2.) lack of decent jobs. theres plenty of jobs out there, mostly paying around minimum wage. these jobs dont pay enough to survive in this economy. that unemployment check plus foodstamps, etc give more than the jobs that are out there.

3.) competition for the few decent jobs. a company is going to try to find the cheapest labor they can, generally speaking.

i dont think hiring illegals is the reason for no jobs. illegals are hired by crooked employers so they can attempt not paying them correctly, paying pretty shytty wages, and/or avoiding taxes. besides, they do all the work americans wouldnt do.

like someone else said, its about them connections. step ya networkin game up.

there are alot of good reasons that people posted. technology is whats seperating the employed and unemployed