Giulia Appreciation Thread...

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Man if they fukk up Giulia, I'm gonna drive down to the PC and knock HBK's eye straight....
I remember Cody saying in an interview when WWE was looking to re-sign him. He said they told him, "What you are doing (American Nightmare) is what we are buying." Hopefully this rings true for her.

I mean they didn't really change up Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa all that much either. HHH seems more likely to keep established personas than rather changing and starting from scratch it seems.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gonna hold these guys to their word :ufdup:

I don't believe them, but we'll see. Cody was fine because "American Nightmare" was already over and AEW/WWE fans have some overlap.

She should at least keep the braids. That will instantly make her stand out from the crowd to U.S audiences.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I don't believe them, but we'll see. Cody was fine because "American Nightmare" was already over and AEW/WWE fans have some overlap.

She should at least keep the braids. That will instantly make her stand out from the crowd to U.S audiences.
We can look at the numbers and number of times Seth, Cody, Punk etc have mentioned AEW without saying it, it's clear the overlap is small in the buildings. 95% of people have no clue what they were talking about there's no reaction. They didn't have to bring Cody back as that but I don't think he goes back as anything else

Besides all that, Vince is gone, who has Triple H brought in and completely changed? Didn't change Jade, he's making her better

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
It's Dave here so take heed but even before reading this and seeing her Marigold schedule and now the injury, I've always been skeptical on when she's showing up in NXT. Just gonna believe when I see it.

Fightful guy's take

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I do wonder when she comes over if they will change her name to the more common spelling of Julia
They've been doing things a lot differently with this regime though. A lot of people who got the one name treatment got their full names back, Jordynne Grace and Ariana Grace who aren't related at all are on the same show, Bron Breakker, Braun Strowman and Bronson Reed are all on the same show, I feel like they don't think the fans are complete fukking morons anymore so maybe she'll just keep it as is

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I do wonder when she comes over if they will change her name to the more common spelling of Julia
They've been doing things a lot differently with this regime though. A lot of people who got the one name treatment got their full names back, Jordynne Grace and Ariana Grace who aren't related at all are on the same show, Bron Breakker, Braun Strowman and Bronson Reed are all on the same show, I feel like they don't think the fans are complete fukking morons anymore so maybe she'll just keep it as is
I think HHH and the new regime like to keep things as they are if it was working before. Examples so far, Tama Tonga, Tonga Loa (only had Tanga changed), Ethan Page and others going back to names they had before Vince got his claws in. Cody keeping his whole deal. Also it might come down to the talent. Pillman Jr. said he needed a change in a Chris Van Vliet interview.

Giulia is just the Italian version of Julia plus Americans are used to Rudy Giuliani. 😁

Scroll to post #180 here and see that Tweet.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think HHH and the new regime like to keep things as they are if it was working before. Examples so far, Tama Tonga, Tonga Loa (only had Tanga changed), Ethan Page and others going back to names they had before Vince got his claws in. Cody keeping his whole deal.

Scroll to post #180 here and see that Tweet.
But they did change Tanga Loa's name to Tonga Loa cause it was a little easier for fans to understand rather than him and his brother having 2 different spellings of Tonga/Tanga
That's what I mean
Like I don't think they'll change anything about the presentation or style just wondering if they'll have her change her name to be easier to spell cause tbh the first time I saw her name I thought it was pronounced with a hard G :dead:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
But they did change Tanga Loa's name to Tonga Loa cause it was a little easier for fans to understand rather than him and his brother having 2 different spellings of Tonga/Tanga
That's what I mean
Like I don't think they'll change anything about the presentation or style just wondering if they'll have her change her name to be easier to spell cause tbh the first time I saw her name I thought it was pronounced with a hard G :dead:
I edited my post, example Giuliani, Rudy. People are familiar with that. That is also a trick on how to remember to spell her name.

So did you think it was pronounced "Goolia"? 🤭

I don't think they change it. Even one of if not my first post here was joking that they would change it to Julia. 😁

Last edited: