Ghostbusters getting rebooted again

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm glad they gave Winston his big moment as he's always often considered the one Ghostbuster everyone forgets. The breh worked hard after the team broke up and he succeeded and then then he gave back by buying the firehouse and secretly helping Ray out too. He never forgot who he was. :salute:

I remember reading that Dan said they cut a lot of Winston's lines out of part 2 for editing. He didn't like it.

But apparently Ivan Reitman, Bill, and Dan own the IP too.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was on the fence on this. maybe I'll hit the theatre and check it out.

we made our kids watch the first 2 to get up to speed, skipped that reboot one of course since it's not cannon, and then went to see this joint. It was pretty good. Jason Reitman did a good job honoring the franchise and moving it forward in my opinion.

Also, I didn't think the reboot was bad either, but this is a little different tone, but still good.

The headtilt was :to:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
we made our kids watch the first 2 to get up to speed, skipped that reboot one of course since it's not cannon, and then went to see this joint. It was pretty good. Jason Reitman did a good job honoring the franchise and moving it forward in my opinion.

Also, I didn't think the reboot was bad either, but this is a little different tone, but still good.

The headtilt was :to:

I watched like 10 minutes of the girl version of ghost busters. that shyt was :trash:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
It was entertaining while goofy as shyt, but, I heard a good point as to what a disconnect is;

The first two Ghostbusters were wisecracking comedic geniuses and made kids want to be clever adults busting ghosts

This is an appeal to ADULTS' nostalgia to make them want to be kids again...that is why this doesn't hit like the old ones. It's the opposite approach.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
It was entertaining while goofy as shyt, but, I heard a good point as to what a disconnect is;

The first two Ghostbusters were wisecracking comedic geniuses and made kids want to be clever adults busting ghosts

This is an appeal to ADULTS' nostalgia to make them want to be kids again...that is why this doesn't hit like the old ones. It's the opposite approach.

I have Peter Pans syndrome... so this will work for me.

Your posted sealings the deal for me. Gonna watch this sunday with my pops (he took me to see GB2 back in 89... so we're taking turns so to speak, but i didn't go see that lesbian fest of a faux busters flick a few years back).

But this one looks good and I admire your testimonials on it.

Holla at cha gurl.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have Peter Pans syndrome... so this will work for me.

Your posted sealings the deal for me. Gonna watch this sunday with my pops (he took me to see GB2 back in 89... so we're taking turns so to speak, but i didn't go see that lesbian fest of a faux busters flick a few years back).

But this one looks good and I admire your testimonials on it.

Holla at cha gurl.

My father took me to see the first 2 films and I took my kid to see this one. Saw a lot of that in the theaters as the parents were explaining the Easter eggs and call backs to their children.

They aren't going to stop with the 80s and 90s reboots. Big money in these nostalgia films. Just need to make sure they do a good job and it isn't just a cash grab