Ghostbusters getting rebooted again

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Just took my kids to see this today. We all really enjoyed it. It was fun, funny and it tugs on the heartstrings a lil bit without being too over the top with it. It's not the same humor as the original 2, because you can't really do Bill Murray humor without Bill Murray. But even their cameo in the end was right on the money for me. I don't know why they went with that goofball shyt with the all girl remake, but this one blows that shyt out the water.

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
Alot of goofy shyt in it :ld:... but it was good

The ending :mjcry: This was a proper send off

rock-clapping.gif

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
This movie was disappointing, it felt more like a Goosebumps movie then a Ghostbusters movie.
I watched this after watching the Matrix... so my appreciation for the effort is higher than it would have been. Good job good effort. Much better than I expected. I enjoyed it for what it was.

Please no more ghostbusters movies. It's over.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
it was okay I guess, it was kinda up and down through the movie,,, the ending had heart....
typically interracial narrative or boy likes girl situation..

I like super 8 ,Stranger Things or Goosebumps 2015 better,,, shyt kinda over over saturated at this point ,,

Phoebe was cool , everybody else was kinda dry

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
it was okay I guess, it was kinda up and down through the movie,,, the ending had heart....
typically interracial narrative or boy likes girl situation..

I like super 8 ,Stranger Things or Goosebumps 2015 better,,, shyt kinda over over saturated at this point ,,

Phoebe was cool , everybody else was kinda dry

I might try to watch it later but I refused to touch the one with the all female cast. It looks like an abomination.

I’ve said this before but there should’ve been like 5 movies with the original cast. They shyt the bed big time with this franchise.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I might try to watch it later but I refused to touch the one with the all female cast. It looks like an abomination.

I’ve said this before but there should’ve been like 5 movies with the original cast. They shyt the bed big time with this franchise.

2016 GB is mostly just dull.

it's not as bad as hate train propaganda or whatever the fukk that was in 2016 made it out to be, but it's not really good either. Most of the jokes fall flat. and they made men idiots because "girl power" but it isn't an offensive piece of media that deserved all the backlash it got.

Daps
Saw this last night on a coworker’s plex account. I enjoyed it. Made me feel like a kid again, watching and acting like a part of the team back in the day. Was a huge fan of Ghostbusters….watched the movies, the cartoon series, and had the toys (firehouse still at the parents crib lol) The ending had me in tears, very well done. Kinda wished I saw this at the theater instead of Eternals smh

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
WAY better than I expected or had much right to be. A very respectful tribute to the franchise. If they make another, I'm seeing it off rip.

I'm glad they gave Winston his big moment as he's always often considered the one Ghostbuster everyone forgets. The breh worked hard after the team broke up and he succeeded and then then he gave back by buying the firehouse and secretly helping Ray out too. He never forgot who he was. :salute:

fukk it was refreshing for the Black man to live up to his potential and not be LGBT or dysfunctional. That had me almost as emotional as the ending. Which is terrible.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Watching this right now. To echo breh above me, weird it took me so long to watch but I’m enjoying it so far. Halfway thru Some of these jokes got me fukking dying.

“I kinda met my grandfather last night. He showed me what to do.”

“No way. Was he like howling and clanking chains?”

Killed me lmao. This kid Podcast is fukking great.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It’s all right, but that car chase scene had me :martin: :childplease:

How is some teen driver gonna be pulling off shyt like that? With a human hanging off the side. :stopitslime:

Real talk, I think I like the female version more than this. :jbhmm:

Best parts were the cameos at the end and the mini- Stay Puft marshmallows. I don’t think I’ll watch a sequel. :ld: