Ghostbusters getting rebooted again

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
It was pretty talked about upon release. Just wasn't a huge hit or AAA rating

wasn’t it recently rereleased on the switch?

I’ll get the 4k when it drops, can’t roll with the kids cast though it looks well produced.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Im surprised people think the trailer is that great given the tone is nothing like the original 2

That’s the point. You can’t recreate that chemistry. That Will Ferrell/Stiller/Wilson crew from the early 2000s was the last people thought they had a shot and even then those guys were better at R rated stuff. They even tried it with that Neighborhood Watch movie.

Plus that style of comedy from the original GB isn’t what’s in right now.

So this feels like trying to do their own thing and show GB in a manner we haven’t seen.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont know how they ruined this already.. They didnt learn from the first reboot flop I guess. Ghostbusters is all about nostalgia. If they dont bring back the feels it will flop. This feels like stranger things with ghostbusters name slapped on it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So they gonna run that Finn kid and mystery/horror into the ground huh...anyway I guess this 80’s theme is better than the dark/brooding theme franchises were going for a few years back

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I dont know how they ruined this already.. They didnt learn from the first reboot flop I guess. Ghostbusters is all about nostalgia. If they dont bring back the feels it will flop. This feels like stranger things with ghostbusters name slapped on it.

breh the egos from the first 2 movies from the 80s killed this shyt. I said this in another Ghostbusters thread but that original cast could’ve made 6 of these movies on some Fast and Furious shyt and brought people in as ensemble cast and eaten well thru the 90s.

Ghostbusters wasn’t some action movie shyt with characters fighting and bombs + explosions. Dudes were just scientists and this franchise was in its own lane.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
That’s the point. You can’t recreate that chemistry. That Will Ferrell/Stiller/Wilson crew from the early 2000s was the last people thought they had a shot and even then those guys were better at R rated stuff. They even tried it with that Neighborhood Watch movie.

Plus that style of comedy from the original GB isn’t what’s in right now.

So this feels like trying to do their own thing and show GB in a manner we haven’t seen.

The style of comedy was satire which you can always do

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
shyt looks a {in my deep trailer monologue announcer voice} from the minds and studio that brought you Sucker Punch, BvS, and Justice League type movie :ld:

I may have forgotten, but I didn’t know they was making another Ghostbusters

Didn’t see the last one....... barring a few more better trailers and really solid ones. Will be hard for me to see this one:upsetfavre:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The style of comedy was satire which you can always do
That’s like saying Johnny Carson and Jimmy Fallon are both talk show host so there comedy is the same.

The 80s New York the original came out in isn’t there anymore.

Anything without the original crew would have to change style.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
That’s like saying Johnny Carson and Jimmy Fallon are both talk show host so there comedy is the same.

The 80s New York the original came out in isn’t there anymore.

Anything without the original crew would have to change style.

You can make a lot of satire about the current NYC as well