Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut + Iki Island Announced

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
everyone understands charging for DLC/expansions. it's charging for an upgrade that's weird

the upgrade includes DLC :dwillhuh:

you would have a better time arguing this point in the ‘death stranding’ thread since the upgrade doesn’t feature any DLC as far as I know yet

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DLC for the PS4 is $20. $30 for the PS5

not only is the upgrade $10 more, but you have to buy the DLC to get it

you don’t have to do anything…the $10 extra is for a system where the game would’ve cost $69.99 if it came out on that platform…so yes they are charging extra for the DLC/upgrade on the newer platform…OR you can just buy the DLC for the original platform and still be able to play it on the new console…so no you don’t have to buy the DLC to get the upgrade to play it on the new console…you can if you want to tho

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm of the opinion since it is an expansion of an original game, both new participants and existing customers should have the same financial threshold in totality. There seems to be a penalization for getting the game early. That is where my thoughts lie. The game came out just a year ago this month. For a platform holder, seems kind of scummy when day ones like myself and others, whose money it was to convince Sony to allow Sucker Punch to put more resources in the game to begin with, can gouge for more money from us while people who never even got the game (some will double dip) seem to get the better deal by waiting on the fence. Seems backwards to me ultimately.
iu

Yellow flag on the play!

Your "money" got you a free multiplayer expansion recently with free updates and that same expansion is being upgraded for PS5 features for free. You got something out of your day 1 purchase that wasn't known when you bought it. Check your game and update it if you haven't.

I was gonna say it's weird charging for an upgrade but then I remembered they came out and dropped that multiplayer that nobody even knew was coming.

buuuut...

is thinking you're just putting on your critique lens because this is coming from Sony. :mjlol:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
iu

Yellow flag on the play!

Your "money" got you a free multiplayer expansion recently with free updates and that same expansion is being upgraded for PS5 features for free. You got something out of your day 1 purchase that wasn't known when you bought it. Check your game and update it if you haven't.

I was gonna say it's weird charging for an upgrade but then I remembered they came out and dropped that multiplayer that nobody even knew was coming.

buuuut...

is thinking you're just putting on your critique lens because this is coming from Sony. :mjlol:

This is irrespective of who created it. I didn't play this multiplayer so that is of no consequence to me, nor do I care about a Japanese lip sync. The entire package of Ghost of Tsushima should be the same price point for everyone both past and present once this is released. To do a sizable expansion of this game so soon after release means that this was probably in storyboard form before the original game was even completed. This isn't part 2 in a series. This is part of the original vision for the first game that Sucker Punch was allowed to expand on after release. Why should we get penalized because you didn't get it all in the first time around?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To do a sizable expansion of this game so soon after release…

game is almost a year old…and the expansion will come out a month after the 1 year release date…dunno how that’s “so soon”…uncharted 4 released 5/10/16 with lost legacy dropping 8/22/17…up to a one year window is pretty much the norm for DLC/expansion games…miles morales took too long imo for an expansion game but it looks like they were holding that out to play on the new system as well

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Look at all the fake concern in here for 30 dollar expansion

Maybe they should have just made the next gen upgrade free and just charged a flat 30 dollars for the dlc like everyone else does

And what do you know, its the usual suspects who are the ones who have an “issue” with it and dapping each other up like its not super transparent:unimpressed:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

It's GOT people are going to buy it.

I loved the game but I can't support dlc that clearly could have been in the 1st game (a year turn around is really quick for something new) or put into a part 2 or even a spin off.

Sony is lame for charging for a upgrade.

Those two things combined unless it's some crazy new cool weapons moves or plot point.... or combat changes. I'll be skipping this.

I ended up finally starting to play Miles a few weeks ago and remembered why I don't like dlc/ small spin off titles.

And FF7RE is my goty and favorite on of my favorite games of last generation period...so it's getting my
Money free. I'm not even mad at Sony, people gonna pay so they charge.

I hope MS forces a change to that going forward in the future
Sign me up for GOT2 though:blessed:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is irrespective of who created it. I didn't play this multiplayer so that is of no consequence to me, nor do I care about a Japanese lip sync. The entire package of Ghost of Tsushima should be the same price point for everyone both past and present once this is released. To do a sizable expansion of this game so soon after release means that this was probably in storyboard form before the original game was even completed. This isn't part 2 in a series. This is part of the original vision for the first game that Sucker Punch was allowed to expand on after release. Why should we get penalized because you didn't get it all in the first time around?
I know you're gonna say "but Gamepass" but did you say this when Hivebusters released a year after release for $20?

Or how about Hearts of Stone for The Wticher 3 which released the same year but for an additional $9.99?

It was about 10 hours long and released for an additional $10 only a few months later. Here, an expansion pack is released for $10 over a year later and you're actually fixing your fingers to type up some bullshyt about being penazlied. You xbots are so full of shyt. :hhh:

Always looking to express faux concern over something on one platform but turn a blind eye to the same practice elsewhere.

"it was probably in storyboard"

As probably for anything that someone creates.

You're pretending to be shocked at expansions coming out a year or so later for games that are big. The standard for practically every game but somehow you've been silent on those games but you're all up in here acting as a concerned charlatan.

No game should ever release because DLC may come out that was in storyboard according to your fugazi ass logic.

I probably have a neg in storyboard for you but I ain't gonna drop it now.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Look at all the fake concern in here for 30 dollar expansion

Maybe they should have just made the next gen upgrade free and just charged a flat 30 dollars for the dlc like everyone else does

And what do you know, its the usual suspects who are the ones who have an “issue” with it and dapping each other up like its not super transparent:unimpressed:
These guys are so damn fake it's nauseating.

I'm literally shaking reading @The Mad Titan 's post.