Getting a place with an eviction.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Speak directly to the owner of the property. Explain your circumstances and make a deal with them. If they insist on going through a property manager, same thing, just an additional conversation.

Be persistent and honest.​
Yep, this. It's gonna be quantity over quality for you @Blown Moon . Speak to enough property managers about your situation and one will eventually give you a shot. Of course you gonna have to pay a high ass amount on the front end though. And as he said, speak to the OWNER or property MANAGER. A leasing agent ain't finna do shyt for you.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I saved my money for the longest, bought my house in 2020 and rented it out to a friend, moved in 2022 when we sold the complex because it wasn't for sure I was staying on with the new owners... only took 3 months to get me to say "fukk ya'll... I got money saved, I don't need this shyt"

I've got 2 years of mortgage payments saved up :manny:

The whole rental industry has gone to hell

New owners instantly came in and raised up rents $300/month, started charging tenants for Water/Sewer/Trash when we didn't charge them that for the 5 years I was at that property, and said fukk maintenance or doing anything to the property

I was screamed at every day for 3 months, they hired a fukking homeless chick who had no experience in maintenance, no vehicle, no tools, to be my maintenance person... and she couldn't even paint apartments... and they wouldn't fire her...

Tenants have become extremely aggressive and expect way to much... you openly tell everyone and have it in the lease no smoking in the apartments and then they come at you when they are smoking weed in the fukking apartments. Yelling at me because banks take a few days to process rent checks... Yelling at me because kids are playing outside, and "go tell them kids to play somewhere else" "fukk YOU KAREN", calling me at 4am over and over like it's an emergency just to tell me they want a new air filter

I'm done with property management unless i'm in a position of power to actually make changes and people listen, I legit wanted to drive off the bridge on my way to work each morning and on the way home each night the last 2 months I was there and just said for my mental health... I have to get the fukk out

You’re a wise and responsible man, breh.
:ehh:

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Yeah. I'm probably gonna end up in a barrio with ms13 neighbors. :snoop:

I have people that would consign for me but unless that can happen with e-signatures it's not happening. I'd honestly rather find a place without a co-signer so I can start to rebuild my rental standing.

What part of the country are you in? City? Region? Do you have a wife? Kids?

I ask because you may have to tough it out in a fukking dump and save like a mad man. You might have to live in a trailer park or rent a room, but fukk it. Once you have a decent down payment saved up, then buy something. A condo, starter home, a fixer upper, anything. In the future, hopefully that eviction isn’t a huge detriment to the mortgage lenders.

Another option is to purchase an RV or something mobile, even if only temporary. If you don’t have a family, that might actually be the wave. A lot of people are doing it and it seems like a cool lifestyle. Check out the people on YouTube and IG.

Those are some ideas and advice that popped up in my head. Otherwise…

giphy.gif

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yeah. I'm probably gonna end up in a barrio with ms13 neighbors. :snoop:

I have people that would consign for me but unless that can happen with e-signatures it's not happening. I'd honestly rather find a place without a co-signer so I can start to rebuild my rental standing.
Gon head and move to El paso :wow:

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
What part of the country are you in? City? Region? Do you have a wife? Kids?

I ask because you may have to tough it out in a fukking dump and save like a mad man. You might have to live in a trailer park or rent a room, but fukk it. Once you have a decent down payment saved up, then buy something. A condo, starter home, a fixer upper, anything. In the future, hopefully that eviction isn’t a huge detriment to the mortgage lenders.

Another option is to purchase an RV or something mobile, even if only temporary. If you don’t have a family, that might actually be the wave. A lot of people are doing it and it seems like a cool lifestyle. Check out the people on YouTube and IG.

Those are some ideas and advice that popped up in my head. Otherwise…

giphy.gif

I'm alone and I've found a place.
Gon head and move to El paso :wow:

I'm actually headed to El Paso for a few days for orientation for my new job before I head up to Albuquerque. What's popping out there?

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
How'd you find one?

I went through hotpads, if a property was connected to a company I kept it pushing but if I saw a person's name I called and spoke with them. I called this dude kept it real with him and he essentially said “I'll make it work but it's gonna cost you” which it did but it's month to month so I'll be looking for a better spot until I find one.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I went through hotpads, if a property was connected to a company I kept it pushing but if I saw a person's name I called and spoke with them. I called this dude kept it real with him and he essentially said “I'll make it work but it's gonna cost you” which it did but it's month to month so I'll be looking for a better spot until I find one.
There's not a way to get it off your record?

rlg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Try being truthful about the eviction but you will pay double or triple the deposit that they normally ask for.