Getting a place with an eviction.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I heard a story of someone who used to buy people info from the dark web. If I got him to get someone's info for me which I wouldn't how wouldn't I get caught?:lupe:

Thanks for keeping it real.

I've been trying for a month and change and no one has bit yet.

shyt is skressful :snoop:
You might have to find someone that is renting privately like a duplex or something.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
That's insane exactly what risk do they feel are being taken at that point?
That even if they rent to them for a year and take the money upfront, if they become a problem and don't want to pay after year 1, it becomes a huge hassle to get them out afterwards

I did property management for the past 12 years, I've seen pretty much everything... couple wanted an apartment, guy was on steroids... said I did background checks... they filled out the apps and they had 35 domestic cases against each other

I've been threatened by tenants, had one try to kick in my door on Christmas because their water heater went out and I said we couldn't get anyone out to do it til the next day since all the stores were closed... Had a tenants ex boyfriend threaten to kill me because I called the cops and had a trespass order put on him after he stalked my tenant... Had a tenants uncle pull a gun on me and my boss when apt flooded and we were assessing the damage (tenant was notified ahead of time)...

People are fukking mental

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
You might have to find someone that is renting privately like a duplex or something.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to put in some serious door-to-door time. Luckily the job I'm getting is 3.5 days off/wk so I'll have the time. My concern is that I'll be hemorrhaging money on weekly and a storage unit until I find a place. :wow:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
That even if they rent to them for a year and take the money upfront, if they become a problem and don't want to pay after year 1, it becomes a huge hassle to get them out afterwards

I did property management for the past 12 years, I've seen pretty much everything... couple wanted an apartment, guy was on steroids... said I did background checks... they filled out the apps and they had 35 domestic cases against each other

I've been threatened by tenants, had one try to kick in my door on Christmas because their water heater went out and I said we couldn't get anyone out to do it til the next day since all the stores were closed... Had a tenants ex boyfriend threaten to kill me because I called the cops and had a trespass order put on him after he stalked my tenant... Had a tenants uncle pull a gun on me and my boss when apt flooded and we were assessing the damage (tenant was notified ahead of time)...

People are fukking mental
I get that part but if you agree on just one year I'm not sure how it's much more risk than any normal tenant tbh.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I'm gonna have to put in some serious door-to-door time. Luckily the job I'm getting is 3.5 days off/wk so I'll have the time. My concern is that I'll be hemorrhaging money on weekly and a storage unit until I find a place. :wow:
My credit is just average no evictions but I found a nice lady that owns several properties not a large company. I'm in a fairly nice duplex in a good neighborhood it's an older duplex built in the 80s so it's not perfect. It was a very easy process to rent from her. I'm just had to pay first month and last month rent to her.

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
My credit is just average no evictions but I found a nice lady that owns several properties not a large company. I'm in a fairly nice duplex in a good neighborhood it's an older duplex built in the 80s so it's not perfect. It was a very easy process to rent from her. I'm just had to pay first month and last month rent to her.

Does she happen to be in Albuquerque?

*crosses fingers*

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Almost forgot to say I used the hotpads app. I can't say for sure but maybe you will have luck this was 3 years ago.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
as others have said if you can find a place where you deal directly with the property owner/landlord then you have a fighting chance…any property owned by a company/that has a management team, they cannot/will not make any exceptions for you

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard a story of someone who used to buy people info from the dark web. If I got him to get someone's info for me which I wouldn't how wouldn't I get caught?:lupe:

Thanks for keeping it real.

I've been trying for a month and change and no one has bit yet.

shyt is skressful :snoop:
You want one with no history. Any history is going to be attached to a name and you would have to use fake ids and shyt. You want a blank one so you can basically use any name with it. Alot of people use kids:hubie:

Usually you’re good with these cause they don’t report you to the bureau unless you get evicted

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
I saved my money for the longest, bought my house in 2020 and rented it out to a friend, moved in 2022 when we sold the complex because it wasn't for sure I was staying on with the new owners... only took 3 months to get me to say "fukk ya'll... I got money saved, I don't need this shyt"

I've got 2 years of mortgage payments saved up :manny:

The whole rental industry has gone to hell

New owners instantly came in and raised up rents $300/month, started charging tenants for Water/Sewer/Trash when we didn't charge them that for the 5 years I was at that property, and said fukk maintenance or doing anything to the property

I was screamed at every day for 3 months, they hired a fukking homeless chick who had no experience in maintenance, no vehicle, no tools, to be my maintenance person... and she couldn't even paint apartments... and they wouldn't fire her...

Tenants have become extremely aggressive and expect way to much... you openly tell everyone and have it in the lease no smoking in the apartments and then they come at you when they are smoking weed in the fukking apartments. Yelling at me because banks take a few days to process rent checks... Yelling at me because kids are playing outside, and "go tell them kids to play somewhere else" "fukk YOU KAREN", calling me at 4am over and over like it's an emergency just to tell me they want a new air filter

I'm done with property management unless i'm in a position of power to actually make changes and people listen, I legit wanted to drive off the bridge on my way to work each morning and on the way home each night the last 2 months I was there and just said for my mental health... I have to get the fukk out

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I saved my money for the longest, bought my house in 2020 and rented it out to a friend, moved in 2022 when we sold the complex because it wasn't for sure I was staying on with the new owners... only took 3 months to get me to say "fukk ya'll... I got money saved, I don't need this shyt"

I've got 2 years of mortgage payments saved up :manny:

The whole rental industry has gone to hell

New owners instantly came in and raised up rents $300/month, started charging tenants for Water/Sewer/Trash when we didn't charge them that for the 5 years I was at that property, and said fukk maintenance or doing anything to the property

I was screamed at every day for 3 months, they hired a fukking homeless chick who had no experience in maintenance, no vehicle, no tools, to be my maintenance person... and she couldn't even paint apartments... and they wouldn't fire her...

Tenants have become extremely aggressive and expect way to much... you openly tell everyone and have it in the lease no smoking in the apartments and then they come at you when they are smoking weed in the fukking apartments. Yelling at me because banks take a few days to process rent checks... Yelling at me because kids are playing outside, and "go tell them kids to play somewhere else" "fukk YOU KAREN", calling me at 4am over and over like it's an emergency just to tell me they want a new air filter

I'm done with property management unless i'm in a position of power to actually make changes and people listen, I legit wanted to drive off the bridge on my way to work each morning and on the way home each night the last 2 months I was there and just said for my mental health... I have to get the fukk out

This sounds terrible.

Being a tenant and dealing with bullshyt with high ass rents, noisy ass neighbors, and the refusal by management to actually maintain the complex caused me to speed up my saving to buy a place. Renting sucks period.