Getting a place with an eviction.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was on a lease. I gave up my car at the time too and that's showing up on my report as well. I spoke to a chick that worked at one of the places and she said my best chance was finding private owners and trying to pay extra but I don't know where to start. :snoop:
Get a co-signer. If you can’t find one, then you really can’t be trusted.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saved my money for the longest, bought my house in 2020 and rented it out to a friend, moved in 2022 when we sold the complex because it wasn't for sure I was staying on with the new owners... only took 3 months to get me to say "fukk ya'll... I got money saved, I don't need this shyt"

I've got 2 years of mortgage payments saved up :manny:

The whole rental industry has gone to hell

New owners instantly came in and raised up rents $300/month, started charging tenants for Water/Sewer/Trash when we didn't charge them that for the 5 years I was at that property, and said fukk maintenance or doing anything to the property

I was screamed at every day for 3 months, they hired a fukking homeless chick who had no experience in maintenance, no vehicle, no tools, to be my maintenance person... and she couldn't even paint apartments... and they wouldn't fire her...

Tenants have become extremely aggressive and expect way to much... you openly tell everyone and have it in the lease no smoking in the apartments and then they come at you when they are smoking weed in the fukking apartments. Yelling at me because banks take a few days to process rent checks... Yelling at me because kids are playing outside, and "go tell them kids to play somewhere else" "fukk YOU KAREN", calling me at 4am over and over like it's an emergency just to tell me they want a new air filter

I'm done with property management unless i'm in a position of power to actually make changes and people listen, I legit wanted to drive off the bridge on my way to work each morning and on the way home each night the last 2 months I was there and just said for my mental health... I have to get the fukk out
Any nightmare squatting stories?

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
Good luck. Rats and roaches will be your roommates until more time passes
Yeah. I'm probably gonna end up in a barrio with ms13 neighbors. :snoop:
Get a co-signer. If you can’t find one, then you really can’t be trusted.

I have people that would consign for me but unless that can happen with e-signatures it's not happening. I'd honestly rather find a place without a co-signer so I can start to rebuild my rental standing.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was always pretty straight up with people and got potential squatters out before they were a problem

Had a few nightmare hoarders though
How did you convince them to leave, pretty much they stay until the cops show up

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I have people that would consign for me but unless that can happen with e-signatures it's not happening. I'd honestly rather find a place without a co-signer so I can start to rebuild my rental standing.
What are the state laws where you’re from about expunging or sealing evictions? Also, you’ll be on the lease with a co-signer so you’re stilling getting credit for the tenancy.

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
What are the state laws where you’re from about expunging or sealing evictions? Also, you’ll be on the lease with a co-signer so you’re stilling getting credit for the tenancy.

I don't know, I didn't think about that option honestly. I'll look into it but I doubt the process will be fast enough to help me in time. But if I can get it off I'll be good for the next move.

And that's true, if I can find a place that will accept e-signatures I can get into a nice place instead of the barrio.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't know, I didn't think about that option honestly. I'll look into it but I doubt the process will be fast enough to help me in time. But if I can get it off I'll be good for the next move.

And that's true, if I can find a place that will accept e-signatures I can get into a nice place instead of the barrio.
Why do you keep mentioning e signatures? Co signers have to sign the form in front of a notary. Not all notaries will do e-sig.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don’t evictions get expunged after a couple years?
depends on the state

also there is 2 types of expungement, some states/laws only expunge it form official court/government records but don't require private businesses selling credit reports/background checks and what not to expunge them from their records if they already have the info.

Speak directly to the owner of the property. Explain your circumstances and make a deal with them. If they insist on going through a property manager, same thing, just an additional conversation.

Be persistent and honest.​
this would be my suggestion as well, but it's getting rarer and rarer these days to find an apartment that isn't run by some corporate entity or some shyt so good luck talking to an owner.

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
Why do you keep mentioning e signatures? Co signers have to sign the form in front of a notary. Not all notaries will do e-sig.

I keep mentioning them because I don't know anyone in the state. If it can't get done online it can't get done.

At least until I find some Mexican or Native chick to talk into doing it.:manny:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As a former property manager... you're fukked... we check that shyt every time and it's an automatic red flag

I've even had people tell me they'd pay the whole year upfront and higher ups said fukk that

:manny:

tenor.gif
you got a new job since leaving the last management?

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Yea the first thing they always list as automatic disqualification is always evictions and broken leases. My only serious suggestion is use an apt locator and tell them your situation. They will call around and find you a place so you don’t have to waste your energy and money getting denied

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
I saved my money for the longest, bought my house in 2020 and rented it out to a friend, moved in 2022 when we sold the complex because it wasn't for sure I was staying on with the new owners... only took 3 months to get me to say "fukk ya'll... I got money saved, I don't need this shyt"

I've got 2 years of mortgage payments saved up :manny:

The whole rental industry has gone to hell

New owners instantly came in and raised up rents $300/month, started charging tenants for Water/Sewer/Trash when we didn't charge them that for the 5 years I was at that property, and said fukk maintenance or doing anything to the property

I was screamed at every day for 3 months, they hired a fukking homeless chick who had no experience in maintenance, no vehicle, no tools, to be my maintenance person... and she couldn't even paint apartments... and they wouldn't fire her...

Tenants have become extremely aggressive and expect way to much... you openly tell everyone and have it in the lease no smoking in the apartments and then they come at you when they are smoking weed in the fukking apartments. Yelling at me because banks take a few days to process rent checks... Yelling at me because kids are playing outside, and "go tell them kids to play somewhere else" "fukk YOU KAREN", calling me at 4am over and over like it's an emergency just to tell me they want a new air filter

I'm done with property management unless i'm in a position of power to actually make changes and people listen, I legit wanted to drive off the bridge on my way to work each morning and on the way home each night the last 2 months I was there and just said for my mental health... I have to get the fukk out
U got me fukked up if I can’t smoke weed in an apt I pay rent at :stopitslime: