Getting a place with an eviction.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It would be worse even allowing them to stay. Landlords have been getting killed with renters being behind

I been telling y'all landlords are doing less and less, while demanding more money will end badly for then.

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
No... they stay with you

I've did case searches on people that had like 20 evictions filed on them for decades

Once they send that paperwork to the courts, it follows you around regardless of if it goes the distance or not

Part of the reason I got out of the business, new ownership that bought the complex was extremely eviction heavy and one of the complexes had an active shooter situation, so I gave my notice and now looking for something new while sitting at home playing games all day and doing repairs around the house.
So even if someone pays and gets to stay after the eviction notice, that still goes on their record and fukks their ability to get another apartment? I helped a family member stay in her place during the pandemic. Got it paid up shortly after the eviction notice was placed on her door. She's doing good now, back on her feet etc etc. So she's basically stuck at this apartment and won't be able to get another?

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
How did you convince them to leave, pretty much they stay until the cops show up
Had to call health department and get the apartment condemned, literally just a small ass path through the apartment to each room, shyt piled up in each room, couldn't work in there, no way they lived comfortably in there. His mentally ill girlfriend screamed at me that it was our fault that we don't give people attics and basements to store stuff in... I'm like... you see how much space you have!!!

Then after you get it cleaned out and fixed back up you call the health department back out for a re-evaluation

you got a new job since leaving the last management?
I've applied for one job last week, they won't be making decisions til after new year, but haven't really been looking that hard, enjoying my time off honestly

U got me fukked up if I can’t smoke weed in an apt I pay rent at :stopitslime:
I'll tell you the same thing I've told hundreds of people, when you take your money and buy a home or some property, you can make the rules, but as long as you live on someone elses property, you live by their rules. Read your leases!!! It's expensive as fukk to clean the air ducts and furnace and get the smell out of an apartment when a smoker lives in it, and a non-smoker doesn't want to live in an apartment that smells like smoke.

So even if someone pays and gets to stay after the eviction notice, that still goes on their record and fukks their ability to get another apartment? I helped a family member stay in her place during the pandemic. Got it paid up shortly after the eviction notice was placed on her door. She's doing good now, back on her feet etc etc. So she's basically stuck at this apartment and won't be able to get another?
In my state, Missouri, it's pretty standard for any property manager to look up your name in the court document system as part of the background checks to see if you've been taken to court by landlords and read the notes and see if you have judgements and shyt. It's Due Diligence! We all know that you don't get shyt filed on you for nothing, that costs money and time to file, pay the attorney, show up in court and everything, I had a lady that would apply every month and every month I would tell her that she owed us $7k from a judgement from the last time she stayed in the apartment complex, and she would just keep applying. shyt I used to look up people's facebook accounts because they take most of their photos from inside the place they are staying at, and it gave me a look into how they treat a place.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Had to call health department and get the apartment condemned, literally just a small ass path through the apartment to each room, shyt piled up in each room, couldn't work in there, no way they lived comfortably in there. His mentally ill girlfriend screamed at me that it was our fault that we don't give people attics and basements to store stuff in... I'm like... you see how much space you have!!!

Then after you get it cleaned out and fixed back up you call the health department back out for a re-evaluation

I've applied for one job last week, they won't be making decisions til after new year, but haven't really been looking that hard, enjoying my time off honestly

I'll tell you the same thing I've told hundreds of people, when you take your money and buy a home or some property, you can make the rules, but as long as you live on someone elses property, you live by their rules. Read your leases!!! It's expensive as fukk to clean the air ducts and furnace and get the smell out of an apartment when a smoker lives in it, and a non-smoker doesn't want to live in an apartment that smells like smoke.

In my state, Missouri, it's pretty standard for any property manager to look up your name in the court document system as part of the background checks to see if you've been taken to court by landlords and read the notes and see if you have judgements and shyt. It's Due Diligence! We all know that you don't get shyt filed on you for nothing, that costs money and time to file, pay the attorney, show up in court and everything, I had a lady that would apply every month and every month I would tell her that she owed us $7k from a judgement from the last time she stayed in the apartment complex, and she would just keep applying. shyt I used to look up people's facebook accounts because they take most of their photos from inside the place they are staying at, and it gave me a look into how they treat a place.
Weed smoke doesn’t leave a scent like cigarettes…fukk dem rules I use to roll up on my lease

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
There you go…that way you can speak to them face-to-face and let them know what’s up.

When I met my landlord, she was just glad I wasn’t on Meth like her last two tenants
Yeah I had a similar experience where I'm dealing with a lady that owns a few properties all I had to have was the money and proved my employment income and what not the basics. She didn't make me jump through all these hoops it was relatively painless. I know when I move again I won't have that luxury lol. In fact when I first contacted her she was willing to meet at my appointment for the initial meeting. A really nice lady never had any issues with her.

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
I found a website called 2nd chance rentals and they specialize in finding places for people in situations like me. I'll see what they're talking about tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure second chance rentals is just a couple of dudes that will call around to places the way you can. They have no types of hookups.

I did however find a place. I'm being overcharged for a very small space but I have a roof over my head. And it's month to month so I'll be looking for better places constantly.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm pretty sure second chance rentals is just a couple of dudes that will call around to places the way you can. They have no types of hookups.

I did however find a place. I'm being overcharged for a very small space but I have a roof over my head. And it's month to month so I'll be looking for better places constantly.

If it makes you feel any better, every one who rents is being overcharged for their very small spaces.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
You'll probably have to rent an apartment that does "second chance" leasing. Basically apartments that will accept you if you have a broken lease, if you owe your previous apartment money, bad credit, etc. I don't know if it's still like that but years ago some apartments would rent to someone if you had a balance from a previous apartment, eviction, etc as long as you made more than enough and/or you were willing to pay a higher deposit.

Problem with those apartments was usually they weren't the best and had issues (roaches and other pests, bad tenants, bad maintenance, apartment complex/building wasn't kept up, etc)

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
If it makes you feel any better, every one who rents is being overcharged for their very small spaces.

It makes me feel no better about my situation but it's fukked up that so many are being fukked over.

With that said the game is the game. We gotta play better or continue being played.:manny:

I won't be fukked up 2 years from now. This first year is dedicated to cleaning up my record and the year after I'll focus on getting a home.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
It would be worse even allowing them to stay. Landlords have been getting killed with renters being behind
A neighbor got evicted this past summer (sheriffs came). I talked to her for a minute while she was packing.

She was like: "They come fast out here" :wtf: :mjlol:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
It makes me feel no better about my situation but it's fukked up that so many are being fukked over.

With that said the game is the game. We gotta play better or continue being played.:manny:

I won't be fukked up 2 years from now. This first year is dedicated to cleaning up my record and the year after I'll focus on getting a home.

Do you have a troubled credit history or low credit score? That can be a factor too