Get Out (2017)

Loop Ba$eCrawler

All Star
Daps
Watched the movie as a white dude expecting a hilarious social comedy... turned into a great drama/horror movie.

Came out of the movie feeling better than before cause I just watched a good ass movie.

Not sure how anybody could watch this and think it's bad for any sort of reason.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps

Let keep it funky a movie like this has never been done .

You think such a predictable ending would have been good
?

Real life would be cops showing up and killing him or jail .

I didn't wanna see that at all .

It would have showed damm go through all that and still ends in tragedy .

What message would that convey given the theme of the movie ?

He changed it because he knew that wasn't a good ending and he stated verbatim he wanted audience reaction at the movies . He purposely made you want to talk to the screen .

Everyone would have walked outta there like damn nikkas can't ever win :damn: .
nothing about that ending would have been "predictable" seeing as the overwhelming majority of films these days go for the all's well that ends well, everything worked out kind of ending. y'all talking about how celebratory and relieved people were at the end that it was TSA showing up in that car, of course we were all rooting for the main character the entire movie. but just because something ends less fortunate and darker than you would like doesn't mean it's a bad ending. especially considering the fact this movie is dealing with some considerably fukked up shyt, so an entirely fukked up ending isn't that big of a reach :francis:.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Just watched it....decent flick but imo that seems like an awful lot of trouble to herd black people to one area to conduct your "business".... and very time consuming... I mean what did she average 1 black boyfriend every 6 months?..... might as well just let the brother kidnap random black folks like they did Andre and call it a day..... :manny:

Not to mention these mothafukkers was performing a successful medical procedure that could bring them billions of dollars if certified.... :hubie:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is why she's become the subject of a lot of think pieces and a tragic character.

Through all her strife she was the one who fought the hardest to escape..not just for her freedom, but to help warn him. It's believed she was the one who kept opening that door.
A Black woman will always look out for a Black man even when we're not looking out for ourselves. :wow:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Amazing film no doubt, I wonder how peele found inspiration in creating something so deep being that he's married to a white woman.
That's EXACTLY how he found the inspiration lol.

I don't think a brother married to a Black woman and not working in corporate America would really come up with something like THIS, even though we all immediately were able to relate to everything after watching it on film.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:
C7JH7ReXUAAhXPm.jpg

Last edited: