Get Out (2017)

Jards

All Star
Daps

What's interesting to me is that black dudes that I saw as "c00ns" (Donald Glover, Key and Peele) have made some of the most powerful black viewing experiences over the past year with Atlanta and now Get Out. Granted I wasn't big fans of these dudes work before because the stuff I'd seen them do turned me off - I thought Glover was going out of his way to do roles to make himself be seen as the non threatening black guy to white people (i.e community) and key and peele were feeding into the stereotypes that are associated with black culture (i.e angry Obama translator). I'll hold my hands up and will admit I was wrong if proven to be the case but what it looks like is that the fukkery that's been happening over the past few years has made these dudes really realise what the fukk is going on. I remember a Childish Gambino Breakfast Club interview I think from 2014 and it looked dude was tired of the bullshyt in having to make white people feel comfortable.

But all that said great fukking movie and I'm happy for these dudes that they are having success with material that focus on racial topics that need to be addressed. Will be watching again.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Kaluuya brought it as well - fukk what Samuel L Jackson says. Dude was powerful in the black mirror episode he did and based on that I knew this movie was a first day watch.

Black Panther movie gonna be an event next year :wow:
Being real breh.
W'Kabi might be too small a role for the breh. Dude could have been a great villain possibly.
They might have to make W'Kabi a stronger character than from the comics because he's that good of an actor. :wow:

Spin

All Star
Daps
What's interesting to me is that black dudes that I saw as "c00ns" (Donald Glover, Key and Peele) have made some of the most powerful black viewing experiences over the past year with Atlanta and now Get Out. Granted I wasn't big fans of these dudes work before because the stuff I'd seen them do turned me off - I thought Glover was going out of his way to do roles to make himself be seen as the non threatening black guy to white people (i.e community) and key and peele were feeding into the stereotypes that are associated with black culture (i.e angry Obama translator). I'll hold my hands up and will admit I was wrong if proven to be the case but what it looks like is that the fukkery that's been happening over the past few years has made these dudes really realise what the fukk is going on. I remember a Childish Gambino Breakfast Club interview I think from 2014 and it looked dude was tired of the bullshyt in having to make white people feel comfortable.

But all that said great fukking movie and I'm happy for these dudes that they are having success with material that focus on racial topics that need to be addressed. Will be watching again.

I think there is a shift in this generation of blacks finally. Even Lebron James is starting to care less about offending people and speaking his mind. At some point these guys realized they're the draw and not their managers/handlers that try to keep them PC while lining their own pockets. It's all about knowing your worth.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Not gonna lie I wonder about this too...:patrice:

Part of me thinks that it's white liberal guilt at play. These Cacs KNOW what they've done to us and continue to do to us and part of them truly feel guilty about it so they allow certain movies, music, messages to "slip by".

Other times I think that if it's THAT good and undeniably great, even the Cacs in power can't deny it, especially if they know it'll make them money.

Other times I feel like they pick and choose what gets put out to the masses and certain times to kind of "calm us down" and stop us from really
Going ham. Kendrick's album was full of black rage, it feels good to have a black artist SPEAK on what we are all feeling and actually have success. It feels good to see a movie like Get Out show black victimization for the horror that it is. Just having the story TOLD placates us in a way and the powers that be know that
Props to Peele for making this but he was definitely chosen as one of the 'good ones' :mjpls:based on his previous work

No way they pushing the movie like they have if a dude like Spike made it even if it was the same exact movie

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Every time a white person at works says they want to see this movie :lolbron:

Had a white woman at work ask a black co-worker if she wanted to watch the movie together

Me: I don't know if you wanna do that. Ya'll may ending up wanting to leave in separate cars :patrice:

White lady: Hey what's that suppose to mean? :dwillhuh:

Other co-worker (who saw the movie): :russ:

Me: Hmm? :mjpls:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The gems are:

These are the new white extremists. They don't where swastikas or klan shyt, they use their wealth and power to harm and dominate

You see the honorary Ayrans in the movie...

c00ns aren't really Black people. Y'all really just cacs

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
saw the movie twice, the only thing i dont get was how was the maid able to break away from control even for a split second? and she kept opening the closet door trying to warn chris. our melinated queens are always saving us even when there brains have been tampered with :mjgrin::lawd:
She was on her fukk nikkas shyt got her into bondage in the first place

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The creepiest scene is when he ask Andre to explain the black experienec for him. Chris think its just Andre being weird, but it was literally some old cac telling them how his new black body was :scust:
He sounded like a c00n ass white supremacist. I officially know any dude c00ning on this site is white. Even if they have Black skin

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
OMG, this had never crossed my mind until now. Probably another subliminal about the oversexualization of black bodies. Ugh.
Which points too how Rod wasn't so far off in his guesses either.

"That mama is hypnotizing black people and fukking the shyt out them."

The reality was the grandparents were using black bodies to fulfill their sexual peak urges. :gucci: