Get Out (2017)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It's so early though. This movie came out on Oscars weekend.
It probably won't be fresh in Academy voters' minds a full year from now.
What was the last February release that won Oscars the following year?:jbhmm:
I think Silence of the Lambs :francis:

I remember Deadpool was getting pre-Oscar hype before the nominations though. :yeshrug:

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt i didn't know they did that.

didn't that movie with will smith and his son bomb in the states, but did really well overseas?
couples_retreat_posters.jpg

star-wars-chinese-poster-john-boyega-pic.jpg

4EbL.jpg
image_505.jpg

2de1383f0f9997cfcd7ee50bb2876a85.jpg
12-Years-a-Slave_italian.jpg

Will Smith is our only black actor with real pull overseas (thanks to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air). Before him, it was Eddie Murphy.

Even blacks from other countries get the same treatment...
Where are our Aboriginal actors? - Indigenous cast removed from international movie posters
I think Silence of the Lambs :francis:

I remember Deadpool was getting pre-Oscar hype before the nominations though. :yeshrug:
Damn, 26 years ago.
It just shows how calculated movie releases are nowadays... Timing is everything.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
couples_retreat_posters.jpg

star-wars-chinese-poster-john-boyega-pic.jpg

4EbL.jpg
image_505.jpg

2de1383f0f9997cfcd7ee50bb2876a85.jpg
12-Years-a-Slave_italian.jpg

Will Smith is our only black actor with real pull overseas (thanks to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air). Before him, it was Eddie Murphy.

Even blacks from other countries get the same treatment...
Where are our Aboriginal actors? - Indigenous cast removed from international movie posters

Damn, 26 years ago.
It just shows how calculated movie releases are nowadays... Timing is everything.
Crazy thing is I wouldn't be surprised if Hollywood/Academy considers Logan over this. :hhh:

Good movie..:ehh:

but there's talk like its The Dark Knight and since TDK should have been nominated, etc etc..

On Collider they were talking about the lil girl should get a nom as well. Yet she only said like 4 lines :gucci:

Last edited:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
watched the movie friday alot of people(majority blacks) have their own perception of this movie given the memes about a couple of cases that popped last year about organ harvesting that never came to the national forefront anyone in here feel that way when they seen the movie. The movie was fascinating as much as good found myself watching it at work yesterday and it just shows that whites are very intrigued by our race more than any race out here. But it does give me that "what if" feeling about whites now when i encounter them now. Some black folks just see it as the worse nightmare for blacks in a scenario like this but overall the movie was great

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Saw this last night what a phenomenal movie that deserved the hype

All the little subtle messages and symbolism with were so well done

The balance between horror and comedy were perfect
And making a horror movie about some shyt that sounds like what cacs would do irl I find hilarious :mjlol:

I don't know Jordan Peelee but I never imagined him to make a racial driven horror/thriller with so many layers that nikka seemed like a corny c00n to me but I guess thats what I get for judging the book by its cover

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I use to watch that show Girls. Man, you never know who has range as an actor or actress until you see them on the big screen. Allison Williams had me like :cape:in the beginning. Especially after that cop asked for Chris' License, and she said "I'm not going to let anyone fukk with my man". I literally said to myself :wow: she a real one. I need to find me a chick like that, like right now. Then she went all Nintendo on a nikka. She switched up. Had me like :picard: You were playing Peter Pan a few years ago. But i guess it's like my nikka tommy (RIP) from martin said . "If she can't use your comb, don't bring her home"

10/10 film, acting was superb bro.

side note: i may be reaching, but if you ever seen skeleton key, the main twist was kind of similar. skeleton key had black people trying to get into white people's bodies, while Get Out had white people trying to get into black people's bodies. skeleton key was more of a trade, but at the same time, at the end the two white people are in a sunken place like state.

Last edited:

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
OMFG......I just seen this movie and it hit home so hard. So I go to the University of South Carolina and last year I was messing with this Pawg or whatever :mjpls: its a cac school so them joints be coming my way lol. But yeah we were kicking it for a bit and I went to meet her parents and shyt. Cool people but then the second time I went it was a party and bruh I was the ONLY black guy there. Like 30 white folks. So we having this little pool party and we throwing water balloons, these cacs were so impressed and marveled at how I threw the ball. I was LAZERING THEM shytS at people

"Damn you didn't think about playing baseball or nothing darealtwo1" :krs:

(im 6'3-6'4 185)

"I'm like uhh nah not really, baseball is kinda slow and boring lol" :ld:

I'm sure they thinking mane I wish I had your skills and talent :francis:

and saying a mind is a terrible thing to waste :wow:

Them cacs would have taken me :damn:

Crazy part is that I'm messing with a bunch of white girls now lmao especially since our spring break just ended and these chicks need some mid-semester dikk....I gotta graduate and get the fukk outta this school mane. I'm woke tho

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
OMFG......I just seen this movie and it hit home so hard. So I go to the University of South Carolina and last year I was messing with this Pawg or whatever :mjpls: its a cac school so them joints be coming my way lol. But yeah we were kicking it for a bit and I went to meet her parents and shyt. Cool people but then the second time I went it was a party and bruh I was the ONLY black guy there. Like 30 white folks. So we having this little pool party and we throwing water balloons, these cacs were so impressed and marveled at how I threw the ball. I was LAZERING THEM shytS at people

"Damn you didn't think about playing baseball or nothing darealtwo1" :krs:

(im 6'3-6'4 185)

"I'm like uhh nah not really, baseball is kinda slow and boring lol" :ld:

I'm sure they thinking mane I wish I had your skills and talent :francis:

and saying a mind is a terrible thing to waste :wow:

Them cacs would have taken me :damn:

Crazy part is that I'm messing with a bunch of white girls now lmao especially since our spring break just ended and these chicks need some mid-semester dikk....I gotta graduate and get the fukk outta this school mane. I'm woke tho
You sound like an airhead. LMAO.

KingCairo

Pro
Daps
I guess I'm just built different because I just can't fathom taking a white woman seriously when it comes to anything besides sex (which I wouldn't do anyway). I just need someone who understands the complexities and vast injustices many black people have been subjected too at the hands of white supremacist and white woman generally can't or won't. To each his own tho .... great movie