Reppin
Avengers compound
he's a cac tho :dwillhuh:
He's white??

tumblr_mmhm3hb8hD1rp5mhgo4_r2_250_zpskjyjv4z9.gif

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Dang finished watching it a second time. Theatre was still packed like when I saw it opening weekend :wow:

So many things I didn't catch the first time that stick out. Someone else mentioned the hypnosis starting at the patio scene when they were having tea. She taps the glass three times and starts asking the probing questions. And the smoking thing was interesting too. They were less concerned about him and more concerned about selling a nicotine damaged body. Like a car dealership making sure all the cars are in prestine condition :ohhh:

And Georgina breaking down makes more sense now. She was the beta program and they hadn't gotten the kinks out fully. Like how she started breaking down at the first patio scene. And that scene with her and Chris in the bedroom when he mentioned not being comfortable around too many white people. That triggered the real Georgina for half a second to break through, but grandma was saying "no, no, no" to let her know who was in charge and to push her back to a sunken place.

Last thing that stick out to me was the surprise on Chris's face when he first approached Walter, Andre and Georgina. He thought he found a black ally to confide in but it turned out they were actually white people he was talking to. I know all of us been in that situation whether at work or school where you found one other black person and assumed y'all two would be cool but it turns out they've settled into the role of the token black/c00n who can't relate to anything black whatsoever :ohhh:

The layers in this film brehs :banderas:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
...I'm black

This movie reminds me of when white people were so "surprised" and "enlightened" when Crash came out.

:camby:Talk about false equivalency. Crash promulgated the same colorblind, we're all the same, good and bad racial rhetoric liberal whites have been putting in movies and novels for years. Name one movie like 'Get Out' dealing with race using sci-fi and horror with this much overt and subversive commentary.

Dang finished watching it a second time. Theatre was still packed like when I saw it opening weekend :wow:

So many things I didn't catch the first time that stick out. Someone else mentioned the hypnosis starting at the patio scene when they were having tea. She taps the glass three times and starts asking the probing questions. And the smoking thing was interesting too. They were less concerned about him and more concerned about selling a nicotine damaged body. Like a car dealership making sure all the cars are in prestine condition :ohhh:

And Georgina breaking down makes more sense now. She was the beta program and they hadn't gotten the kinks out fully. Like how she started breaking down at the first patio scene. And that scene with her and Chris in the bedroom when he mentioned not being comfortable around too many white people. That triggered the real Georgina for half a second to break through, but grandma was saying "no, no, no" to let her know who was in charge and to push her back to a sunken place.

Last thing that stick out to me was the surprise on Chris's face when he first approached Walter, Andre and Georgina. He thought he found a black ally to confide in but it turned out they were actually white people he was talking to. I know all of us been in that situation whether at work or school where you found one other black person and assumed y'all two would be cool but it turns out they've settled into the role of the token black/c00n who can't relate to anything black whatsoever :ohhh:

:banderas: @ car dealership analogy! And yes at your last comment, that happens too often.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Any chance for a serious award like the GG?
If by GG you mean the Golden Globes then probably.

The Golden Globes aren't really taken that seriously in Hollywood.

That's not a shot against Get Out as I think if the producers of the film campaigned for it, it could probably get a best screenplay nomination at the Oscars.

Best Picture is a long shot since it came out so early and the Oscars usually don't nominate movies like this for best picture.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

Damn. Didn't even think of that being the reason why they were so concerned with his smoking.:ohhh: