Get Out (2017)

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
One thing I've been trying to figure out is the symbolic significance of the cigarettes. At one point I kind of thought that his nicotine withdrawal (his hands trembling) was being compared to the idea of the sunken place in the sense that for a moment he loses control of his body. The flipside of that is he's actually smoking the cigarettes to remain calm and retain control of his emotional state which imo is why Rose's mother took that from him. After she hypnotizes him Rose is the only respite he finds in the town and obviously he's being manipulated by her.

On the other hand, the extent that both of Rose's parents comment on his nicotine addiction ("Do you smoke in front of my daughter?") leads me to think that maybe there's something else to it.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Movie had me in my thoughts all day. A lot of us went hard on these white liberal types last year especially during the election cycle

They're very outspoken and "cool" always trying to act as if they have our best interests or know best for us

Rose reminded me a lot of Hillary Clinton and the Hillary Clinton types throughout the movie

Obviously the other side has no real genuine love for blacks collectively which leaves us with us.. and at the end of the movie you see Rod.. the unassuming funny friend who was awake the whole time saving a brother

We're truly alone when it comes to our struggles. I'm def an open minded brother and I don't think all whites are racist or anti but there is a significant amount that are through their blind spots. A lot of them aren't even aware of they role they play in upholding the structure in white supremacy

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
tumblr_omdfv7yQo01u52r61o1_1280.jpg

:dead: