New York
full

tumblr_m0jju5Wjxz1r3797v.gif

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Saw it again and saw something I haven't seen mentioned before.

All of the black dudes had facial hair before they were abducted. When the cacs took over they all had no facial hair. I was telling my girl that black dudes with no facial hair look weird af. Also, facial hair is seen as threatening. I wonder if that's why they showed Chris shaving in the beginning (with a razor nonetheless :stopitslime: ). Was it so he could appear safe to Rose's family?

Man I've been saying that shyt for years, never trust a black man without facial hair :ufdup:

I noticed that shyt when I was a kid.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
It's prob already been said but the scene where Georgina starts to cry and goes "No, no no no no no!"...the crying was her old self conscious trying to get out and it was the grandma conscious of her saying "No no no!" to keep her old self from getting out.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Movie had me in my thoughts all day. A lot of us went hard on these white liberal types last year especially during the election cycle

They're very outspoken and "cool" always trying to act as if they have our best interests or know best for us

Rose reminded me a lot of Hillary Clinton and the Hillary Clinton types throughout the movie

Obviously the other side has no real genuine love for blacks collectively which leaves us with us.. and at the end of the movie you see Rod.. the unassuming funny friend who was awake the whole time saving a brother

We're truly alone when it comes to our struggles. I'm def an open minded brother and I don't think all whites are racist or anti but there is a significant amount that are through their blind spots. A lot of them aren't even aware of they role they play in upholding the structure in white supremacy
Good point breh. I just got out of the movie but I didn't even think about Rod being the quintessential woke black man - society's outcast.