Get Out (2017)

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Most athletes and Jay Z.

It's a real thing though (not necessarily the "sunken place" literally, but anybody who has been around high level athletes in high school and college knows that white people - coaches, teachers, administrators, etc. - essentially try to separate them from the general Black population).
yup

you have a lot of these private, religious, high schools, and academies that only have Black(male) students there for sports. and then when they get to college, they are totally segregated from the rest of the students. see the Mizzou documentary Spike Lee did last year and they speak on it.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
i saw this shyt after i saw logan. It was back to fukking back of piff :wow: had a white dude sitting next to me and i made sure he heard every clap and "yes" from me when chris was doing his thang :blessed:.....i watched with a mostly black audience too and it was lit. There was two chicks behind me that made sure every fukking thing they said was heard by everyone tho :francis: luckily they got there loudest at the end so most of the audience drowned them out. Its crazy too cuz both theaters were packed. Ppl really going to the movies again :ehh: its gonna be quite the year :obama: much props to jordan peele as well. Half brutha came thru with some horror/thriller shyt that makes u think and was smart on all lvls. Dude must've been writing this for years to get it as perfect as it was. Gotta :salute: blumhouse as well. They're keeping the horror/thriller genre alive (minus that paranormal activity shyt)

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Saw it again and saw something I haven't seen mentioned before.

All of the black dudes had facial hair before they were abducted. When the cacs took over they all had no facial hair. I was telling my girl that black dudes with no facial hair look weird af. Also, facial hair is seen as threatening. I wonder if that's why they showed Chris shaving in the beginning (with a razor nonetheless :stopitslime: ). Was it so he could appear safe to Rose's family?

:ohhh:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This movie has already made over 75M$ with a 4.5M$ budget, retained over 79% of its revenues from its debut weekend. :whoo::salute:

Reviews and word-of-mouth/social media really are powerful because I didn't see a single interview and the trailer was :trash:.
Let Hollywood tell it and they will say black don't sell....

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I can't imagine how awkward it would be for BM-WW couples seeing this movie...
especially in a mostly black theater:russ:
I saw it with my girlfriend, and she's white. I loudly said "We're never visiting your parents" when we were walking out and everybody was busting up. She was in her feelings for the whole ride home :heh: