Get Out (2017)

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/lets-talk-about-all-the-amazing-little-details-in-get-o-1792781479

The comments in this article touch on the subtle things in this movie. Some really deep ones:

1. Rose eating fruit loops and sipping on milk near the end symbolizes her refusal to ever mix white with colors. Apparently she was using a black straw to drink the milk too.
2. Apparently the mother began the hypnosis when she first asked Chris about his mother when they were drinking tea. She started stirring her iced tea.
3. Rose's brother mentioned he loved jiu jitsu because "you have to stay 3-4 moves ahead." Chris killed the brother on his 4th attempt to reach the door, understanding that the brother was going to kick his leg out.

The deer symbolism is killing me bruh. The bed buck, man that is some genius stuff right there.

Offthegrid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't wait to hear kt the arch degree & dikk Gregory decode this movie shyt was brilliant and will go over ppls head psychologically especially in the times we are in rightnow this movie the purge 3 Nat turner fences & hiding figures came out at the right time :patrice::feedme:we got 2pac & the black panther on deck next:whoo:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I can't wait to hear kt the arch degree & dikk Gregory decode this movie shyt was brilliant and will go over ppls head psychologically especially in the times we are in rightnow this movie the purge 3 Nat turner fences & hiding figures came out at the right time :patrice::feedme:we got 2pac & the black panther on deck next:whoo:
I wish they would just do a spoilers version. You can see Woods wanting to really break down the film.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"The Spook who Sat by the Door" comes to mind. Message wise for its time, that film was just as powerful as this but not as well done from top to bottom.

The spook that sat by the door was also not as well supported as this movie studio wise. And was considered such a dangerous movie that it was banned by the government and could not be seen in any theatre.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I just walked away from a good ass job and my whole life because I was deep in Trump territory and I just couldn't relax.

Had to come home to my fam. shyt was a little nutty.

I didn't take the feeling that the crazy people had toward Blacks as hate. Their attitude towards us was not any form of love in the sense of caring for us but they very much wanted to be close. Inside even.

I knew a woman that raised pigs. She had all kinds of little pig toys and calendars and shyt at her desk. She seemed to truly love them. I asked her if she ate pork and she didn't bat an eyelash. She was like "oh yeah. We raise them and then eat them."

Pigs are smart like dogs. Imagine bottle feeding them and all then chopping them to pieces.

This is kind of what the people in this movie are like. They don't care about us in the way that is healthy for us, but they are not disgusted or repulsed. They are intensely attracted. Maybe like an abusive husband.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The real question is why do you/people think white liberals are any less racist than "conservative" Nazi/KKK members? White Liberals really only "like" Black people when they're poor and desperate, and they can be a "savior" to them, and Blacks are dependent on them. It's why white liberals support government programs for poor people, but you'll never hear about them giving "support" to Black people who are actually trying to make financial progress. White liberals look at Black people the same way they look at their dogs.

It's why they hate school choice and voucher programs. The thought of their children being mixed with Black kids disgusts them. It happened in NYC for an example of racism in a liberal haven. Samantha Bee and her husband didn't want kids from the local projects to attend their child's school.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
The real question is why do you/people think white liberals are any less racist than "conservative" Nazi/KKK members? White Liberals really only "like" Black people when they're poor and desperate, and they can be a "savior" to them, and Blacks are dependent on them. It's why white liberals support government programs for poor people, but you'll never hear about them giving "support" to Black people who are actually trying to make financial progress. White liberals look at Black people the same way they look at their dogs.

I think we are in agreeance. I never thought or said that they are any less racist. I am asking questions purely based off labels placed on people by society. I agree with your logic. My logic and questions are based on what has been presented to us through media (conservative=evil hatred towards blacks/liberal=champion of rights and equality for minorities) and historical context based on the "Civil Rights" movement here in America.

To me, a liberal is the wolf in sheeps clothing wheras the conservative is the wolf disguised as itself.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Georgina is fine :dwillhuh:

248735.jpg

betty-gabriel-purge3.jpg

They made her look like an old lady in the movie.