Get Out (2017)

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
It took over 20 years to get a well thought out BLACK thriller/horror/mind fukk film to hit the big screen with this type of turn out. Have not had this much fun in a theater since Tales From The Hood. The potential for spin offs and similar black cinema in the vein of horror and sci fi in now. A lot if great ideas/films could come of this.

Glad they gave Lil Rel his time to shine. His stand up is underrated. Knew he was gonna kill it.

:russ:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Also did we see the posrche at the family's crib before ol boy used it to dip

Seen it at the beginning
And then when old boy used it to escape

Wonder if they showed it again in between

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Glad they gave Lil Rel his time to shine. His stand up is underrated. Knew he was gonna kill it.

Yes!! His stand ups has me in tears!!! There are threads of his material on here, I think I've made one. But now he's really gonna get his due. And not all comics that are truly funny get that opportunity.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also did we see the posrche at the family's crib before ol boy used it to dip

Seen it at the beginning
And then when old boy used it to escape

Wonder if they showed it again in between
I don't recall seeing it in between those time frames, but I could have missed it.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also interested (and no spoilers, dude is right, you should have seen it by now) -

Andre wasn't manipulated by her into being there at the house and he wasn't in any of the photos with her... so who took him? Unless they do this outside of the ritual. I figured the ritual was part of bringing people over, but maybe I'm wrong.
When Rod googled Andre's name, the scene showed that he was a young musician (Jazz player) I believe. So chances are, the woman that copped him loved his work or something like that.

I'm sure all of the people that were copped had some kind of skill/speciality that was in high demand.

EDIT: Rose's brother got him

Last edited:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also interested (and no spoilers, dude is right, you should have seen it by now) -

Andre wasn't manipulated by her into being there at the house and he wasn't in any of the photos with her... so who took him? Unless they do this outside of the ritual. I figured the ritual was part of bringing people over, but maybe I'm wrong.
Andre got snatches the old fashion way by the damn son
Notice the Porsche and mask at the end

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I didn't, my theory was that they were just wiping them clean and putting them back into slavery.
Not tryna go back and forth breh, just cause you said you "figured it all out" a half hour in, when really that was just the red herring that it was pretty obvious they wanted you to think before the actual body horror twists were revealed. :manny:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
if this movie was done in reverse would it be racist?
It would be called Angel Heart, one of the greatest movies of all time.

Johnny Angel was a black man with a culture appropriating white girlfriend. Johnny was good at his art but his soul was tainted; he wanted more so him and his white girlfriend made a pact with Satan instead of the pro-black spirits of Voudun. Then he tried to cheat Satan. He killed a white soldier - a death dealer - and he took over the white soldier's life.

Read the story as a cautionary tale of the predatory c00n.... trying to be white for all the wrong reasons....there's your reverse black man in white body tale.

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
EricHaywood

:mjlol: