Get Out (2017)

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Great analysis
Your deer theory is on point. Also makes sense that Chris was so distraught about killing the deer at the beginning. And yeah, that whole rant the father made about hating deer definitely drove that point home
Damn
I figured the deer was just a allegory for Chris and Black people especially when the dad said I'm glad they're dead I fukking hate deer but damn that would make even more sense. They really lingered on the deers head and its eyes in that room when Chris was getting hyponotized :wow:

Last edited:

Seven1986

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Illinois
Honestly some of the spoilers I read in this thread made me purchase tickets to see it and I must say it was totally worth it!

They could've got another black dude that didn't mess with the daughter to take over their Grandfather body because that's gross but did Rose also mess around with Georgina so the Grandma can take over her body?

Chris facial expressions throughout the movie were great and social media will run it to the grown for the rest of the year

The theory you all said about the Deers seems so accurate to me......Chris had a connection with the deer in the beginning and he was looking at the dead deer head after he somewhat took out the brother if that makes sense

I wonder what will happen with Andrew......

Rose Google Search......:scust:

My theater was about 70 Black/30 White or 75/25 and my theater clapped several times but folks were yelling when
Rod pop up out of the Cop car

Brehs. What was up with the Asian? Was Peele tryna show that it wasn't just white people against us?
Why would an Asian Men want a Black Men body......Come on man.....lol

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When you really think about, it's even more hilarious when Darius was like ," Chris was just telling me how he was pleased with me being in his company (or some shyt like that)".
that white man must of been like. Finally, I made it. I'm cool now :smugbiden:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Yes, @hex please sticky this!

Great observations. Peele said he wanted to make a movie that you had to watch again. So I went back and saw this shyt again, and yeah, he packed a lot into this. So let's start a list of the racial symbolism or at least a theory of if something was racial symbolism or commentary.

1. The idea that a white man would use his daughter as bait for twisting a black man for his own use. The daughter not only becomes an accomplice but also just another tool (a lot has been written about how women are used as chess pieces in white supremacy)

2. That a white person can admire or even envy and covet black bodies while also believing in the supremacy of white society and intelligence (some black people still don't understand that just because someone wants to fukk you doesn't mean they think you're equal)

3. Can you really save someone once they've been turned out by white supremacy? I think we get that answer when Chris goes back and tries to take the maid with him as he escapes. She ends up nearly sabotaging his efforts to "get out". Is Peele saying, people who have been indoctrinated are forever lost?

4. The blind art dealer! OMG, I thought this was definitely a message moment. That sometimes, the white person you feel most comfortable with, that really "gets you" and comes across as the least racist is secretly trying to size you up and figure out if you will be any use to them. That whole conversation in the garden, when Chris kinda exhales and just has a normal conversation with this dude, the whole time this guy is checking Chris out like he's merchandise and then buys him.

5. Speaking of being betrayed. Chris' deepest fear and emotional blow was used to hypnotize him. There's gotta be a message in there about emotional manipulation and the way it's used to poke at our insecurities and weaknesses to keep us in line. No chains needed.

6. That idea that white racism fukks up white people too. After being raised in that family, it's obvious that the children have just turned out terribly. The son clearly has a drinking problem and is just all sorts of awkward, while the girl is eating Fruit Loops and drinking milk in a glass while scouting for her next victim.

7. I think it's ironic and brilliant how Chris said he didn't want his girlfriend's dad to run him off with a shotgun, and that's exactly how he left their property, only it was his girlfriend with the shotgun.

8. So let's talk about the deer. There's a theory floating around that the deer are the black people who have already been operated on. That when the doctor does the brain switch, they put the black people's brains inside of a deer, and then let the deer go - so it can be hunted! It sounds a bit far-fetched, but it's also an interesting theory because where does the black brain go when the doctor make the switch? And what's up with the way doctor/father goes on and on about hating deer and the way they destroy the ecosystem, and then what's up with the deer head in the basement?

Oh and

9. The perfectly chosen lyrics from 'Redbone' playing in the opening:

<i>But stay woke
nikkas creepin'
They gon' find you
Gon' catch you sleepin' (oh)
Now stay woke
nikkas creepin'
Now don't you close your eyes</i>
then Chris slapped his face when the fly was buzzing around the deer during that hallucination.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
When you really think about, it's even more hilarious when Darius was like ," Chris was just telling me how he was pleased with me being in his company (or some shyt like that)".
that white man must of been like. Finally, I made it. I'm cool now :smugbiden:
I just realized the scene that followed will eventually be another heavily used Coli gif.

That twirl :laff::laff::laff:

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
the funny thing, EVERYONE in this movie was " thowed off/weird" except for Rod and Chris. The parents were weird pretty much from jump, with the dad going on about the deer, the mom was just weird. I was never comfortable w/ them. The brother was weird. Everybody at the party was weird...they just had a weird/strange demeanor more than not. Rose was weird too, but she was just faking until the end.

The only two normal ppl in the entire film were Rod and Chris. :wow:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
One more thing.

I always find it funny that it's implied the characters in these type of movies just go on to "live happily ever after". Like Chris survived so now he's just gonna go back home and try to live normally.

Hell nah. In a situation like this, this dudes gonna have PTSD for a lifetime. :wow::mjlol:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Also sidenote why woujd the grandfather want a body that his granddaughter had fukked ?lol I hope he can't remember that
Breh did you not recall the conversation Chris had with him when he was chopping wood? He was clearly into her, Chris even told her. If he never abused her in his natural old cac body, he definitely at least got satisfaction in now living in the black body of a man she had fukked :scust:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When the father was describing his hatred for the deer in the beginning, it seemed like "deer" was code for "black ppl"

Is that the deer theory y'all are referring to?
They think the deer have the brains of the black guys . ( are we not doing spoilers ?)
And idk I know about that I think it was supposed to show something about the fakeness of progressives advocating the death of a species when it's a inconvenience but surely wanting gun control
the funny thing, EVERYONE in this movie was " thowed off/weird" except for Rod and Chris. The parents were weird pretty much from jump, with the dad going on about the deer, the mom was just weird. I was never comfortable w/ them. The brother was weird. Everybody at the party was weird...they just had a weird/strange demeanor more than not. Rose was weird too, but she was just faking until the end.

The only two normal ppl in the entire film were Rod and Chris. :wow:
You know what else it brought up when Chris was like it was how they said it and that's soooo fukking real . I've had that convo trying to explain to someone it wasn't the words/actions but the subtext behind it. I had to try and explain the that thank you ... sir or may I help yous