Get Out (2017)

Infamous45

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Those who aren't afraid to be themselves.
Had a talk with someone about the spoilers vid I posted.

Another level I just noticed when thinking about the "sliver" that Peele talked about in the spoilers.

Think about how "c00ns" only have a little blackness left inside of them and it comes out every now and then. Most notably when something jarring happens or when the lightbulb goes off in their head or better yet when they finally see the light. Like a calling for them to get out.

:wow::wow::wow:
i thought it was when in hypnosis, when there is a flash they can see there soul or some shyt This was in some other movie

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When the father was describing his hatred for the deer in the beginning, it seemed like "deer" was code for "black ppl"

Is that the deer theory y'all are referring to?
Yea I think so. I don't know how to spolier but I will say the dad was like his father.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Not to often that I crave for film to be longer and develop a little further. A real indifference between craving and over-saturation. GET OUT perfectly flirt with that line where you'll be leaving the theater craving more, but still be superbly satisfied.

I really craved for the film to be about 20-30 minutes longer where it got to show case the black actress and another black actor. I felt she could of pulled off an Oscar worthy performance if given an additional 20-30 in the film's exhilarating and fast-paced climax.

9/10. Superbly done film. I really like Peele didn't over-saturate a great film and left a lot to crave. I think Peele has a hell of a bright future as a filmmaker, but I already knew that.
They supposedly cut somethings out based on the original trailer. Maybe get the deleted scenes on blu-ray.

More I think about this movie I'm impressed by the black actors outside of Chris and his friend (who were GREAT as well)

Think about it they
they are black actors playing white people pretending to be black people

I would have loved for the film to be long. But I don't care brehs. The No, no, no scene alone scene should be played next year at the oscars for Betty Gabriel's oscar nomination.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
When the father was describing his hatred for the deer in the beginning, it seemed like "deer" was code for "black ppl"

Is that the deer theory y'all are referring to?
That was super corny and forced symbolism. The way the Asian character(The whole party thing was pretty on-point with high class racism) did his "Look down from a pedestal" and asked,"What is black culture?." as if Blacks are a punch of savages in the dirt. The deer bit didn't come off natural at all. Could of been more subtle. It's subjective preference.

The black lady in the house, they way they did the closeups of her face was :damn:

I hope I dont see her face in my sleep tonight. :mjcry:LOL

I got that. But they just seemed a lil "off" in their behavior in general.

I wished she could of been featured more at the end in the house. All that crazy and so little screen time. :mjgrin: Her, that white girl, and that other guy had a moment of having the upper hand in the house for another 10-15 minutes as they go full blown crazy segments. But it would of been over-saturation at that point.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Not to often that I crave for film to be longer and develop a little further. A real indifference between craving and over-saturation. GET OUT perfectly flirt with that line where you'll be leaving the theater craving more, but still be superbly satisfied.

I really craved for the film to be about 20-30 minutes longer where it got to show case the black actress and another black actor. I felt she could of pulled off an Oscar worthy performance if given an additional 20-30 in the film's exhilarating and fast-paced climax.

9/10. Superbly done film. I really like Peele didn't over-saturate a great film and left a lot to crave. I think Peele has a hell of a bright future as a filmmaker, but I already knew that.

They supposedly cut somethings out based on the original trailer. Maybe get the deleted scenes on blu-ray.

More I think about this movie I'm impressed by the black actors performances outside of Chris and his friend (who were GREAT as well)

Think about it they
are black actors playing white people pretending to be black people, yet must display a sliver of blackness still fighting to get out.

I would have loved for the film to be longer. But I don't care brehs. The No, no, no scene alone scene should be played next year at the oscars for Betty Gabriel's oscar nomination.
VIKBCOR760srNT_2_hd.jpg

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Brehs. What was up with the Asian? Was Peele tryna show that it wasn't just white people against us?

More than anything, I think it was to show the way we're viewed like we're some different species. That even other minorities have it totally different from us.

and then of course to set-up the same question to the hypnotized black dude in the hat.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Wait a minute...Did anybody notice this

When the deer hit the car it was FLYING towards the car:dahell:It wasn't like it was running across the street and got it. It looked like someone launched it toward the car:damn:
Second Unit: How you want us to do the deer scene? Gonna cgi it?
Peele: No CGI. We ain't got the budget for it.
Second Unit: Well, fukk... What you want us to do?
Peele: I don't fukking know. Just throw the damn thing.
Second Unit: Got it fam.

Some time later...

Peele: What the fukk is this shyt. Welp...No one will notice this. Quick cut that shyt.

*Still not quick enough*

Peele: Well, fukk it.

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
That was super corny and forced symbolism. The way the Asian character(The whole party thing was pretty on-point with high class racism) did his "Look down from a pedestal" and asked,"What is black culture?." as if Blacks are a punch of savages in the dirt. The deer bit didn't come off natural at all. Could of been more subtle. It's subjective preference.

so at some point, the daughter Rose and the crazy brother.....would have each found someone to marry/have kids with to continue the family biz, right?

Also, the other wild twist was when dude shot Rose and then turned the gun on himself. It's like they gave you a sliver of hope like "yeah, that brother found his Blackness....:obama:"........then he turns and blows his own head off. :mjcry:

Also, I would've liked for them to have said Rod found Chris by the GPS location tag on the picture message he texted him. The TSA line was funny, but it would've been more effective to clear that up