Get Out (2017)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at no point did they his gf was mixed or anything so her calling those 2 grandma and grandpa threw me off
the grandparents were in thr bodies of the those 2.yhose were both exlovers of th daughter remember they showed the grandparents in the procedure video as old white people.they did the procedure as well into those two people

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yes, @hex please sticky this!

8. So let's talk about the deer. There's a theory floating around that the deer are the black people who have already been operated on. That when the doctor does the brain switch, they put the black people's brains inside of a deer, and then let the deer go - so it can be hunted! It sounds a bit far-fetched, but it's also an interesting theory because where does the black brain go when the doctor make the switch? And what's up with the way doctor/father goes on and on about hating deer and the way they destroy the ecosystem, and then what's up with the deer head in the basement?
Remember when the dad said "I hate THE deer. THE Deer need to be hunted and killed.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Another thing
If this town continues down this path, everyone would be black with white brains except the new children.
It really cant continue with all the key people behind the procedure dead and the house burned to the ground. Also regarding the deer, peep my earlier post

I'm half and half in that theory. I want it to be as deep as that but on the flipside...What did they do with the white bodies? I think the black brains went to wherever the white bodies went, which is probably burned to ashes. I mean why would they waste their time to catch a deer and operate on deer like that? Would an adult brain even fit in a deer skull? Cool theory though.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yes, @hex please sticky this!

Great observations. Peele said he wanted to make a movie that you had to watch again. So I went back and saw this shyt again, and yeah, he packed a lot into this. So let's start a list of the racial symbolism or at least a theory of if something was racial symbolism or commentary.

1. The idea that a white man would use his daughter as bait for twisting a black man for his own use. The daughter not only becomes an accomplice but also just another tool (a lot has been written about how women are used as chess pieces in white supremacy)

2. That a white person can admire or even envy and covet black bodies while also believing in the supremacy of white society and intelligence (some black people still don't understand that just because someone wants to fukk you doesn't mean they think you're equal)

3. Can you really save someone once they've been turned out by white supremacy? I think we get that answer when Chris goes back and tries to take the maid with him as he escapes. She ends up nearly sabotaging his efforts to "get out". Is Peele saying, people who have been indoctrinated are forever lost?

4. The blind art dealer! OMG, I thought this was definitely a message moment. That sometimes, the white person you feel most comfortable with, that really "gets you" and comes across as the least racist is secretly trying to size you up and figure out if you will be any use to them. That whole conversation in the garden, when Chris kinda exhales and just has a normal conversation with this dude, the whole time this guy is checking Chris out like he's merchandise and then buys him.

5. Speaking of being betrayed. Chris' deepest fear and emotional blow was used to hypnotize him. There's gotta be a message in there about emotional manipulation and the way it's used to poke at our insecurities and weaknesses to keep us in line. No chains needed.

6. That idea that white racism fukks up white people too. After being raised in that family, it's obvious that the children have just turned out terribly. The son clearly has a drinking problem and is just all sorts of awkward, while the girl is eating Fruit Loops and drinking milk in a glass while scouting for her next victim.

7. I think it's ironic and brilliant how Chris said he didn't want his girlfriend's dad to run him off with a shotgun, and that's exactly how he left their property, only it was his girlfriend with the shotgun.

8. So let's talk about the deer. There's a theory floating around that the deer are the black people who have already been operated on. That when the doctor does the brain switch, they put the black people's brains inside of a deer, and then let the deer go - so it can be hunted! It sounds a bit far-fetched, but it's also an interesting theory because where does the black brain go when the doctor make the switch? And what's up with the way doctor/father goes on and on about hating deer and the way they destroy the ecosystem, and then what's up with the deer head in the basement?

Oh and

9. The perfectly chosen lyrics from 'Redbone' playing in the opening:

<i>But stay woke
nikkas creepin'
They gon' find you
Gon' catch you sleepin' (oh)
Now stay woke
nikkas creepin'
Now don't you close your eyes</i>

Remember when the dad said "I hate THE deer. THE Deer need to be hunted and killed.

It really cant continue with all the key people behind the procedure dead and the house burned to the ground. Also regarding the deer, peep my earlier post

I'm not sure it fits because despite b
having racist actions it seems they were more envious than all out hatred. Which is the irony of the liberal elite. So going so far as to put the brain into the deer and hunt it would be even more extreme. As the only they seem to care for is the black body. Still an intriguing theory.

Jordan Peele said
only a sliver of them remain in the one person's body. So its not like when Chris is in the Sunken Zone. Also according to Peele that surgery has actually been used on mice. damn.
however, it could be possible that the theory is correct. Cause you never know.

Sidenote: I just thought about the movie
The Lobster
....so yall could very well be right.

Last edited:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This film really nails that feeling of being the only Black person around White liberals. Their brand of racism is more mentally exhausting than some Confederate yelling at you from his pickup truck.
Funny how they used the cover of being awkward liberals just as a cover so they could check out "the goods" lol

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
One sister next to me fell dead asleep, another brotha had his flashing phone calls and sirens going off. DURING THIS

:scust::why: LEARN HOW TO fukkIN BEHAVE IN A DAMN THEATER PEOPLE

Film was pretty dope. Only can quibble about a few stylistic points like the unneeded heavy-handed music in scenes and that I thought the cinematography needed to be more raw in places, think it would served better. Loved the 'chorus' friend character and surprised at that ending. And the fact that the cac troll douches are :pacspit: at this means it's doing something right.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Definitely watch with a black audience, breh.

Watching it with a group of ppl that have the same shared experiences and common thread of thought is incredible :banderas:

There was this woman behind me and my wife that kept shouting comments the whole movie but even that was cool cause every thing she said was what me and the wifey were already thinking

We were cracking up at her hilarious commentary :heh:
Couldn't of been me breh. I don't pay $8+ just to be the audience of some amateur comedian. I go to watch a movie not to hear people state the obvious and act like they're from mystery science theater 3000

Last edited: