Get Into Survivalism Brehs

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Having a week or 2 of food and water is different than needing 10lbs of dried powdered peppers and barrels of grains on hand. People buying extra freezers and shyt and piling them with hundreds of lbs of meat. No reason for any of that

you don’t know what there’ll be a need for in the future, just be thankful you haven’t been affected by anything serious yet.

DallasTxRep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas
Get the fuk off the thread and go back to enabling your kid to be molested, you fukkin pervert; if you having nothing to contribute that’s actually helpful; we already know your fathering skills aint shyt so it’s not ike you’re built for survival. Got the nerve to talk about “cacs” when you created a thread about your 12 year old son in sexual situations, he’d be better off without you. That’s what’s the cac shyt is - you pedo. Then you ran and ghosted the thread for threads bc you thought it was one way - fuk up, you have no right to determine what’s “cac” shyt from a black poster, he’s certified; you aren’t, Chester.
:skip:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
My water plan in case i where to ever lose water for a long time is,
One) The hot water heater in your house has 40 gallons of water in it. I would use that to flush toilets and cleaning.
two) i bought a waterfull container. Basically connect it to a water spicket around your house, holds 30 gallons and cycles in fresh water everytime you use your water hose like to wash the car or water your lawn. So the water will always be fresh enough to drink.
6a0120a567f9c2970c0240a4e25402200d-pi

That's 70 gallons of water always on standby in total.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
weather systems have changed worldwide. just because it's cold don't mean this isn't global warming... it's here folks

It's cold and raining in Africa where I come from but it's supposed to be summer right now... Up here in Toronto we get tropical style rains and floods every spring now. The snow in texas might be a new norm....

we did it, congratulations

everyone gets a darwin award

EbAMC3.gif

humans :snoop:
what part of Africa is that

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My water plan in case i where to ever lose water for a long time is,
One) The hot water heater in your house has 40 gallons of water in it. I would use that to flush toilets and cleaning.
two) i bought a waterfull container. Basically connect it to a water spicket around your house, holds 30 gallons and cycles in fresh water everytime you use your water hose like to wash the car or water your lawn. So the water will always be fresh enough to drink.

That's 70 gallons of water always on standby in total.

link to the waterfull container?

I have been reading the prepper subreddit and its been interesting see how many people (those who prepped) were surprised at how quickly they used the water they had saved

I have 4 x 24pk of water bottles (drinking/cooking)
2 x 7 gallon water container (drinking/cooking)
1 x 5 gallon water container full at all times (drinking/cooking)
1 x 275 gallon IBC tote (currently empty will be used for catching rain water ) (all other uses except drinking/cooking)

But i after reading others experiences in Texas am going to be at least doubling my drinking and cooking water. Probably keep it simple and get a couple of 50 gallon water containers to keep in the garage

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
link to the waterfull container?

I have been reading the prepper subreddit and its been interesting see how many people (those who prepped) were surprised at how quickly they used the water they had saved

I have 4 x 24pk of water bottles (drinking/cooking)
2 x 7 gallon water container (drinking/cooking)
1 x 5 gallon water container full at all times (drinking/cooking)
1 x 275 gallon IBC tote (currently empty will be used for catching rain water ) (all other uses except drinking/cooking)

But i after reading others experiences in Texas am going to be at least doubling my drinking and cooking water. Probably keep it simple and get a couple of 50 gallon water containers to keep in the garage
Link
Waterfull Barrel - 30 Gallons - Emergency Water Supply | United States | Waterfull

Cool thing about them is it always stays fresh enough to drink. Meaning no need to cycle every few years. and you can link as many containers as you want to a single faucet. so if 30 gallons isn't enough, get two three more of them. Easiest drinking water solution imo.

I got a water spicket in my garage so thats where i keep mine. Thinking about getting another one for my back porch. It's safe to store on an outdoor faucet too, but i prefer keeping it indoors.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
recommendation i give people is to always have a redundancy when you can , that get a life straw, but also get water purification tabs or drops. Get emergency water but also get water storage containers

Water i think it something people under store and its obviously the easiest to store the current the .gov recommendation is "one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation" ) i like to double that and have 2 gallons per person per day for 6 days to include room for water needed in case of medical emergency's . If you own your own home i suggest setting up a rain barrel , there are many different styles and types but something like this

even if you get hit with a storm that knockouts your power or messes up the water supply, you just collect 50 gallons of water to flush your toilets with.

For drinking water I am a big fan of these and currently have 4 but plan on doubling that by years end
41x%2BN7Wsb-L._AC_.jpg

they hold 7 gallons of water and are stackable and come with a spigot built in. Just this past week because of power outages in SPP network i lost power for only an hour, there was no water no neither. All I did was bring one of these up to wash dishes etc. I could have just waited for the water to come back (i knew it wasn't going to be long term ) but still gave me a chance to rotate out my water supply.
I got 8 of these 7 gal containers delivered yesterday. The boxes were huge, seems like it cost more to ship than I paid for them($14). Dude on YT said the water should be recycled after like 6 months even after treating. I'll do my own testing and see if they start growing algae. I got a stove barrel kit coming today. I found a local spot that sell 55 gallon drums for $15. I have a gas heater in my shed already but for under $100 this is a nice SHTF option. Next purchase is a water distiller. I've been putting off buying a generator but there are some cheaper options out there that are just as quiet as the Honda. I've only lost power maybe twice in the last decade but it's still a nice investment. I have about 6 months worth of food for the family, 10k+ rounds of ammo. Shamefully, I haven't fished in over 20 years so getting back into fishing is my 2021 goal.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got 8 of these 7 gal containers delivered yesterday. The boxes were huge, seems like it cost more to ship than I paid for them($14). Dude on YT said the water should be recycled after like 6 months even after treating. I'll do my own testing and see if they start growing algae. I got a stove barrel kit coming today. I found a local spot that sell 55 gallon drums for $15. I have a gas heater in my shed already but for under $100 this is a nice SHTF option. Next purchase is a water distiller. I've been putting off buying a generator but there are some cheaper options out there that are just as quiet as the Honda. I've only lost power maybe twice in the last decade but it's still a nice investment. I have about 6 months worth of food for the family, 10k+ rounds of ammo. Shamefully, I haven't fished in over 20 years so getting back into fishing is my 2021 goal.

:wow: you know wassup.

Funny enough I just now ordered 4 more of those containers and and 14 gallon plastic drum , going to use the drum to store more water that will probably go towards cooking or cleaning.

I already have some of those 7 gallon containers but to be honest with you i don't think i ever treated or cycled the water. they stay in a dark cool basement Have one for over a year and one for two years. I will actually plan on cycling the water out of those some time this weekend. This texas thing taught water is something that i have and other underestimated.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yea i just went and tasted the water in the 2 year old container and taste fine, fresh out the tap. Not surprised its kept in a super cool, mid humidity very dark basement.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gonna start hitting the range hopefully next month. 25 now and never shot a gun before:francis:. Damn near impossible in NYC. Gonna start to get back into boxing/MMA and lifting weights. Need to start meditating again also.

Make sure you get some jogging, running or even walking in.

My 10k (6.2 mi) is about 55mins and that's for fun.

I'm amazed at how people can't or refuse to walk or run. Like if your car their car was out of gas and there was a gas station 1 or 2 miles away, even if they didn't have a gas container with them, most people wouldn't just walk to the gas station buy a gas can, fill it up, walk back. They'd either call a friend or roadside assistance/aaa or rely on a stranger for assistance. All which takes more time than them just hoofing it.

A lot of people have the mindset of "if/when it happens, I can do it." But like the old saying goes if you fail to plan, plan to fail."

Get some practice in at least once a week. Treadmill, trail, track, or just walk out your house and walk or jog around the block or up the street a few times.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
@Hijo de luna i went with one of these drums

71IccxQDv9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Its smaller than the 55 gallon ones, so should be easier for me to move (with someone helping me) if i ever needed to. Its going to hold water for now but i plan to more like these a stash for other supplies eventually.
Did you find that locally? Uline has some plastic 55 gal for $70 but the shipping is $107