Or live up here breh:

images

Humans and their fear of heights and love for meat:francis:

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
Sounds like a new A&E series. How much did y’all sterilize the shyt before you resold it?
We sprayed it down with a santizing solution and let it air dry then put it back on the floor if it was salvageable if it wasnt we just wrote it off and charged the customer.

The thing is whats considered salvageable is completely up to the discretion of the store manager, if he was a nasty person himself and didnt give a fukk dont be surprised if you got furniture from the backroom that used to be a roach motel.

Case and point there’s definitely managers that would put the furniture in this video back on sale….

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
So, in the contract, the signee agrees to allow RAC to enter their place and take repossession of the furniture? People breach contracts all the time, so what if the signee isn't home? Can RAC enter the home w/o the person being there?

I guess I am trying to figure out why RAC would try to repossess furniture or appliances in the first place? I would hate that job! Having to unhook washers, dryers and refrigerators. Roaches crawling over furniture n shyt...Nah..🙁👎🏿
Right out of high school I had this job, got my first apt and on the advice of a friend went to a rent a center to get a home entertainment system (smh). I don't remember all of the details but they make you sign some lengthy contracts and provide references/contacts that they verify before the deal is done. Well, ashamed to admit that I was late on a payment or two from time to time. These mfs would call all my contacts/friends and the job. Embarrassing. Well eventually it got to the point where they'd come out and try to take back the shyt, I'd duck them. They'd leave cards and shyt and try to catch me slipping. Be inside smoking weed and have to quiet down when they knocking the door. Arrive to their truck outside the complex and circle the block. Eventually I paid it off (2.5 - 3x the value) but it was stressful times breh. Never again, was a dumb lesson in living within ones means

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
** California **
This is why good homes in the hood get bad appraisals and why u can’t have neighbors come over because they can bring roaches to your crib

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its apart of the rental agreement it’s literally written in the contract and they go over it with you before you sign so everyone knows beforehand that they shyt can get deboed.
Understood. Similar to financing a car. But, my question refers to them actually gaining access to someone's house to repossess. My guess is that RAC have to have a police or sheriff assist them. I can't phantom RAC going up in someone's home unless invited.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Right out of high school I had this job, got my first apt and on the advice of a friend went to a rent a center to get a home entertainment system (smh). I don't remember all of the details but they make you sign some lengthy contracts and provide references/contacts that they verify before the deal is done. Well, ashamed to admit that I was late on a payment or two from time to time. These mfs would call all my contacts/friends and the job. Embarrassing. Well eventually it got to the point where they'd come out and try to take back the shyt, I'd duck them. They'd leave cards and shyt and try to catch me slipping. Be inside smoking weed and have to quiet down when they knocking the door. Arrive to their truck outside the complex and circle the block. Eventually I paid it off (2.5 - 3x the value) but it was stressful times breh. Never again, was a dumb lesson in living within ones means
Since you went through this, can they gain access to your place without your permission?

As for your experience, you learned a lesson. All good! Thanks for sharing! Salute! 😎👍🏿

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You are renting their property, so yes. If repeatedly you aren’t home, they probably could try a sheriff but most likely it will get sent to collections and they put you on a restricted list.
I imagine that if they can prove the property is in the house and you refuse to return it, their can be legal ramifications. Like if you keep a rental car too long they can charge you with possession of stolen property. Same applies here as long as the furniture is valued above a certain threshold (usually 1,000-1,500 or more)
OK. I never used RAC and don't plan on using them. I would rather buy my furniture cash or use a CC, if necessary.