...::Get 2 Da Point: The Official 2012-2013 Greatest Show on Earth Season thread::...

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've lowered my expectations for this squad so drastically, that these types of performances don't bother me. I ain't eem mad, I'm expecting this squad to perform poorly consistently now.

Unfortunately, I think next season will follow a similar path.

co-sign. I'm so detached from this bum ass team that I expect this. I watched the Raptors play and their effort and defense is :whoo: then I watch us :huhldup:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Definition of a wasted season. That's not even why I blame him though. I blame him for being too much of a coward to trade Gasol. There HAD to be one taker. Also the bench? Passing on Delonte? Passing on Barbosa because we couldn't figure out whether we were gonna cut Goudelock or another player. If the team fails, it ties directly to the person who built the team and that's Mitch and Jim Buss.
You're exactly right. You have a 100 million dollar payroll and you're scared to pay an extra three million to make a solid bench?:why:

Too many fukk ups. :smh:

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
Da worst part about this season is having Knick and Clipper fans talkin'

shyt. That really burns my ass, nh.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Even with the fukked up roster, the biggest fukk up was still hiring D'Antoni. They could have interviewed other candidates like Sloan, McMillan, etc. There were a gang of coaches that wanted to coach this team. And than, they really selected and personally chose D'Antoni over Phil. We could have just kept Uncle Bernie who was doing a very good job coaching us and kept everything simple, now we stuck with Pringles. :beli: Mitch should have traded Pau in the offseason, I was saying that whole offseason to trade Pau for Iggy ASAP. Everyone was getting gassed up by Pau and how great he was during the Olympics, but now once he is with the Lakers and getting paid 19 million, now he doesn't play with the same energy and effort. We are now fukked for a long ass time.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Braughs realize we mortgaged the future and it got us 5 rings. Traded young players/picks to re up for one last hurrah (2010) the leagues changing and we gotta change soon well be abck on top tho we not boston celtics/knicks/SA to be irrelevant for decades

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
They pretty much traded this year's pick twice..lottery protected in the deal with Cleveland last year for Sessions...and unprotected in the deal in the offseason for Nash...can't really get too upset at the front office for that...definitely not retroactively after we were ready to have them knighted after both of those moves when they actually happened...what killed this team IMO was the vetoed CP3 trade fiasco and it's fallout, the lakers in all reality never recovered from it....the fatal mistake was not trading Pau and his contract for depth and/or athleticism...this year everything that could go wrong, did...they got one last chance to trade Pau high this summer after the Olympics, but kept him...only to discover he's absolutely finished and worthless making 19mil a year...traded for Howard but he has been a shadow of himself, not fully back yet to where he was before the injury...we expected a top 3 player and the best defensive player in the league, and have gotten just a solid center...a wash or slight downgrade from Bynum last year...injuries killed us....we've been trotting out flat out a talent depleted squad most of the year, despite the perception and expectation of "superteam"...our best bench player and trade piece in Hill just went out for the season...freaked out early, fired Mike Brown and hired a coach that's even worse for this team's personnel...top to bottom worst lakers season I've ever witnessed

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
They pretty much traded this year's pick twice..lottery protected in the deal with Cleveland last year for Sessions...and unprotected in the deal in the offseason for Nash...can't really get too upset at the front office for that...definitely not retroactively after we were ready to have them knighted after both of those moves when they actually happened...what killed this team IMO was the vetoed CP3 trade fiasco and it's fallout, the lakers in all reality never recovered from it....the fatal mistake was not trading Pau and his contract for depth and/or athleticism...this year everything that could go wrong, did...they got one last chance to trade Pau high this summer after the Olympics, but kept him...only to discover he's absolutely finished and worthless making 19mil a year...traded for Howard but he has been a shadow of himself...we expected a top 3 player and the best defensive player in the league, and have gotten just a solid center...a wash or slight downgrade from Bynum last year...injuries killed us....we've been trotting out flat out a talent depleted squad most of the year, despite the perception and expectation of "superteam"...our best bench player and trade piece in Hill just went out for the season...freaked out early, fired Mike Brown and hired a coach that's even worse for this team's personnel...top to bottom worst lakers season I've ever witnessed
Do you seriously think Kobe would've let Chris Paul dribble the entire possession like he does for the Clipps?

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Do you seriously think Kobe would've let Chris Paul dribble the entire possession like he does for the Clipps?
Yup, that's one of the more overrated narratives in kobe lore..he plays well off the ball and prefers it...he's done it for stretches with Nash this year (he's not averaging 9apg without handling the ball for significant portions of each possession)..he's wanted to play like the 2nd 3peat MJ his entire career...when he actually gets the ball he looks to attack and score, but as far as ball handling and playmaking duties he has no problems letting so one take that role....chris paul to the lakers would've rewritten NBA history :to:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yup, that's one of the more overrated narratives in kobe lore..he plays well off the ball and prefers it...he's done it for stretches with Nash this year....he's wanted to play like the 2nd 3peat MJ his entire career...when he actually gets the ball he looks to attack and score, but as far as ball handling and playmaking duties he has no problems letting so one take that role....chris paul to the lakers would've rewritten NBA history :to:
:what: yeah right

:laff:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:snoop: Mitch not trading Pau this offseason might be the worst decision Mitch has made during his whole tenure with us. Might be worse than trading Butler for Kwame. :beli: Even when he was on the decline, teams were lining up to get him. Trades like Pau for Millsap and Harris, Pau for Smith, but Mitch wanted too much, Pau for Iggy, Pau for Boozer might be a better deal now, Pau for Rondo rumor too during last season before the trade deadline too, but that one was not gonna happen, but Mitch had so many fukking opportunities to trade Pau for an All Star and get younger. Mitch :ufdup: very badly. Now we can't get anywhere of an even trade and getting an All Star anytime soon. :smh: