GEORGIA to open Gyms, Barbershops and Hair Stylists Friday April 24th

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
So America has been practicing good social distancing policy? Well, I guess we're about to find out. What I've seen implemented is the best we can do and our best is not good at all. The only effective measure is something that is not a long term solution. I mean, you could have a stop and go sort of thing going. Many would still get sick, some would die. The economy would spasm. Companies would fall. There would be continued job losses. I wouldn't count on too much "free money" either.

Whatever way we go is a lose-lose. America wasn't honest with itself. There was a general thought we could sit this out and it will be bearable. Maybe if the virus just fizzles out which is a possibility but I think people need to realize that we never had a chance to do anything other than mitigate the damage to health and the economy.
We would never be able to replicate the successes of certain nations for a variety of reasons.

Still, this isn't THE WORST THING EVER, but it is uniquely positioned to exploit the weak points (which there are many) of our system and the current strategy to control the virus isn't something we can pull off because of those same defects. So it doesn't have to be the worst thing ever, but it is bad enough and it migrated into the perfect situation; the land of opportunity.

Stay safe.

the countries that did this successfully had a coordinated plan across their nation with widespread testing and access to care.

its worse for us because our federal government isn't taking the lead so we have 50 states operating without guidance...

the testing capacity is terrible and the federal government won't provide funding for it...

the failure of the federal government to provide the support necessary is making our quarantine less effective...

it's not the quarantine itself that is useless..

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Did you really think that the states would be able to pay 22 million (and counting) in claims? Particularly at a time when tax revenues are down due to closed businesses? Do you all think they have the decency to be honest about that? Did you NOT think they would attempt to resolve both issues by getting their economies going again? Will it work? We will see.

Also, this is happening in other countries as well (though they were actually able to use social distancing properly). The world economy is likely in far worse shape than we know, especially if a second wave of the virus is worth the risk. Having a global depression in the midst of a pandemic isn't ideal. Total economic collapse would lead to large scale social unrest in many countries. That means people outside not following social distancing. That means the means mass casualties anyway.

You can't downplay the impact of failed economies. The loss of morale among the population would be a big issue. If people feel they have nothing to lose why do you believe they would still abide social distancing guidelines?

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Stupid asses asked for this and they bout to get it

For those who care about your health fukk what the governor allows and stay your ass in the house

The problem is now people are being forced back out to work in order to pay their bills and to keep their health insurance.

This is what happens when your leaders don't take preventive measures.

chief_keef_stan

lil' haitian nikka
Daps
Reppin
Boston. on thot ave. with a big booty island gyal
I just realised they want to open theatres?!

What are they going to be showing?

I doubt any Hollywood studio would want the blowback from entertaining showing any of their movies.
:mjlol: thats how you know the governor a clown... most movies have already been delayed until late 2020/2021

gonna be watching reruns and shyt at the the theater:mjlol:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
the failure of the federal government to provide the support necessary is making our quarantine less effective...

it's not the quarantine itself that is useless..

Yeah, I made that exact point in another thread. But not only that, the fact that a large segment of the economy must remain active for society to function even at a reduced level makes effective social distancing almost impossible. The millions of essential workers needed to operate our reduced economy usually work in areas where social distancing is non-existent or practically impossible.

Also American culture is divisive and tribal, important information and messaging are all politically slanted and there is a general ignorance and apathy towards health and hygiene among the population anyway. The country is also too big in both population and geographic spread, too disorganized, too inept from a leadership level and too Capitalistic to focus on the greater good and mobilize a proper response. Also, we were never going to be able to replicate these testing regimens the smaller countries were able to pull off. Months later we still have to wait more months later for them to produce enough test kits to get testing to an acceptable level. And there is a shortage of the chemicals needed for the tests. And the testing process itself is slow. Testing 330 million people in a nation where certain states are so vastly different in culture they may as well be foreign nations?

Think about all that. And ask yourself how was this country with all of these failings going to implement a social distancing and testing regime that would be effective with Donald Trump as President?