Georgia 6th Congressional District Special Election - (Handel WINS 52%-48% over Ossoff)

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
So the best strategy for Democrats is to convince young people and progressives to vote, but they can't because the leadership isn't progressive and is beholden to big donors. It's that simple.

That district has been changing to be fair and HRC came very close. But Ossoff tried to run as a centrist candidate and a real Republican will always beat a Republican-lite. The nikka said he would not support single-payer and a whole bunch of other shyt.

I understand what you're saying, but that wasn't the case here.

Turnout was extremely high. There were just more republicans than democrats. :yeshrug:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Similarly, advocates of things like. Single payer really are going to have to figure out how they're going to get their financially.

People already paying roughly 40% in taxes aren't in anyway looking to pay more.

And I don't ever see America cutting defense spending enough to offset.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Similarly, advocates of things like. Single payer really are going to have to figure out how they're going to get their financially.

People already paying roughly 40% in taxes aren't in anyway looking to pay more.

And I don't ever see America cutting defense spending enough to offset.
People are paying 40% in taxes? Who?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Georgia Republicans have raised enough taxes on their own, it's never been about that

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I understand what you're saying, but that wasn't the case here.

Turnout was extremely high. There were just more republicans than democrats. :yeshrug:
Turnout was high for a midterm. But it was still lower among the people dems need (young people and the poor)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
those of you who are going to
already did/ already will
:yeshrug:
Was it a large percentage of people that split the vote?
:ohhh:

Could have swore most people fell in line or didn't vote.

Just curious, how would creating a party for the far left, separate from the center left/republican lite democrat party be an effective winning strategy?
:dwillhuh:

Sounds like it would lead to a one party government with republican's in control.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Was it a large percentage of people that split the vote?
:ohhh:

Could have swore most people fell in line or didn't vote.

Just curious, how would creating a party for the far left, separate from the center left/republican lite democrat party be an effective winning strategy?
:dwillhuh:

Sounds like it would lead to a one party government with republican's in control.

sounds like exactly where we are at now.
people who dont vote dont cancel out a vote for another guy
3rd party votes [in a presidential election], no matter how noble and pure these voters feel they are also dont cancel out a vote for the other guy

look at the numbers of worthless stein votes in those tossup states that would have made a difference
in state wins and thus the electoral college

and youre really answering your own "oh im just asking questions, dont mind me " questions
the bolded
if the super far left -your Susan Sarandons, your bernie bros and purity ponies insist that the party adjust not based upon the needs of the people,
but based upon the Republican gossip mill - how is that a winning strategy?
:jbhmm:

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps

like i said
if voting some 3rd party unwinnable bullshyt is an option you
its an option to you.

keep rolling up in KFC and knowing your options are fried chicken or baked chicken but demanding a hamburger.
i guarantee you not gonna get a hamburger.
you gonna get fried chicken or baked chicken
:yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
sounds like exactly where we are at now.
people who dont vote dont cancel out a vote for another guy
3rd party votes [in a presidential election], no matter how noble and pure these voters feel they are also dont cancel out a vote for the other guy

look at the numbers of worthless stein votes in those tossup states that would have made a difference
in state wins and thus the electoral college

and youre really answering your own "oh im just asking questions, dont mind me " questions
the bolded
if the super far left -your Susan Sarandons, your bernie bros and purity ponies insist that the party adjust not based upon the needs of the people,
but based upon the Republican gossip mill - how is that a winning strategy?
:jbhmm:
Or maybe a winning strategy is to find out why half the democrat base is so infatuated with far left ideas and make adjustments to attract them. Instead you think they should either fall in line or don't vote. Hillary thought the same thing and lost because she made no attempt at bringing in the far left berne supporters, even tho bernie was out there campaigning on her behalf in states she refused to visit (and ultimately lost).

When the far right republican's started the tea party shyt, the Republican party was smart enough to know not to push them out the party and instead incorporate their crazy ideas into the Republican message.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Or maybe a winning strategy is to find out why half the democrat base is so infatuated with far left ideas and make adjustments to attract them. Instead you think they should either fall in line or don't vote. Hillary thought the same thing and lost because she made no attempt at bringing in the far left berne supporters, even tho bernie was out there campaigning on her behalf in states she refused to visit (and ultimately lost).

When the far right republican's started the tea party shyt, the Republican party was smart enough to know not to push them out the party and instead incorporate their crazy ideas into the Republican message.

the democratic party had the most progressive platform in party history this year, they absolutely listened to Bernie. those would be adjustments.
voters had a chance to hear Bernie and to hear Hillary. He didnt win the democratic nomination.
so yes if you claim to have far left ideas i would think you would be more likely to fall in line and vote for the candidate thats further left than indirectly or
directly help the extreme right guy win.

in any event, lets just agree to disagree.
Hillary isnt the president, shes no longer in public office, Bernie is not the president.

Trump and his crew are burning the country down and as usual all this demon policies are gonna hit Black folks disproportionately.
thats what im concerned with.

i have a grandbaby that was born with a heart condition
and a husband who also has had heart issues

these folks are trying to make it so that my grandbaby will max out on coverage/ not be able to get coverage for her preexsisting condition
shes only 2 now
and if they gut the va like they want to my husband will likewise be uninsurable.

those of us on whatever end of the left spectrum need to work on what we agree on and defeat these demons.
lets stop rehashing the election that neither left candidate won.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
the democratic party had the most progressive platform in party history this year, they absolutely listened to Bernie. those would be adjustments.
:mjlol:

No they didnt, they picked fukking Tim kaine when they had the opportunity to bring the party together. Every move seemed like it was to spite bernie supporters, that is not listening. Telling those people to either vote for what they got or kick rocks is not listening.
:francis:

And you feel like the solution is to split the party in two so they don't have to acknowledge half the base, instead of working on the message. News flash, democrats need those far left voters to win.
:gucci:

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

No they didnt, they picked fukking Tim kaine when they had the opportunity to bring the party together. Every move seemed like it was to spite bernie supporters, that is not listening. Telling those people to either vote for what they got or kick rocks is not listening.
:francis:

And you feel like the solution is to split the party in two so they don't have to acknowledge half the base, instead of working on the message. News flash, democrats need those far left voters to win.
:gucci:

breh, im not sure what part of im not willing to discuss a campaign thats over with you any further that you are not getting.
:mindblown:

whats your opinion on the bullshyt Cheeto and Granny starver ryan and scumbag Mcconnell are up to right now?
how do you feel about 85% of the people currently insured in this country getting ready to get fukked?
[medicaid/ medicare population plus employer provided insured]
what talent in the Democratic party do you like right now?
who or why are you voting in your next local elections?