Georgia 6th Congressional District Special Election - (Handel WINS 52%-48% over Ossoff)

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
So why put $23mm in his campaign?

Democrooks have cognitive dissonance like a mothAfukka
Clinton only lost the district by 1 point. The idea is to put all of those seats into play in 2018. With a loss tonight, that idea needs to be scraped. Truthfully, the idea should have been scrapped the minute he won/loss a few weeks back. Most knew he was done when he didn't hit 50%.

My fear is this loss was planned. Most of us are hinging our hopes on an impeachment. That's not gonna happen. It's safe to concede we are fukked.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
because his opponent was spending just as much and the results were close. :yeshrug:

They wanted to make a statement. In some ways they did.

You all. Complain about democrats not fighting republicans just as hard as republicans fight then when they do you're critical of it.

that's corny to me.

Yeah people were bytching in the last election that the Dems didn't give the candidate any help until it was too late.

But really not helping him more before the 2 man race was the real mistake. Too hard to win with all the republicans behind one person.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Finally we have common ground! Where was this advice 6 months ago?
This is what you need to understand.

I don't know where you live but this is true about the country:

1. We are a center to center-right wing country. Period.

2. You will never elect anything more liberal than...Ellison or Conyers as representatives.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I didn't follow this too closely, but I thought it was obvious that she'd win since the Dem didn't get 50% when there were a lot of conservatives splitting the vote. So, I start seeing all the hype and figure there must be soemthing going on I didn't know about. This is the 3rd longshot special election where CNN plays "election returns" games and pretends the race is closer than it really is to keep people watching.

Then magically at the end of the night the race opens up to where it should be.

The reason I mention this is, today at lunch I heard a Dem congressman interviewed he phrased soemthing awkwardly that told me he expected the Dem to lose by 5%. :patrice:

I see the election results at 5.4% right now :why:

I think they all knew the final results just hyped this up for clicks :what:
The majority of the cash I donated to the campaign was before the runoff. I think I donated $50 afterwards. I knew it was dead money.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nah, don't pull that. Thats you and your Bernie bros. We told y'all that shyt wouldn't fly.

Handel said "fukk minimum wage, fukk healthcare, and fukk gays...and STILL won" :dead:
Nah nikka. Own your bullshyt. You either trying to get those suburban Republicans who are intrigued by let's deal with the deficit talk or you're not. One second is we need these votes next second is these voters will never change.

I'm talking about the fact that Twitter was zzz about Ossoff and y'all see y'all losing and y'all act like nikkas were out here sabotaging him. While nikkas were losing their shyt over that Mello dudes past history and acted like it wasn't worth shyt to help the other races. fukk your idea of unity b.

Last edited:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is what you need to understand.

I don't know where you live but this is true about the country:

1. We are a center to center-right wing country. Period.

2. You will never elect anything more liberal than...Ellison or Conyers as representatives.

Michigan. The biggest state Bernie won, and state that elected far left John Conyers for generations, and similarly elected lefty John Dingell the same

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These TYT cats are hilarious
"Free" college and single payer = raising taxes. Good luck selling that to people. Especially rich folk:pachaha:

When are you idiots going to realize nobody cares about policy. Especially after Trump became president on catchphrases like MAGA and Fake News :deadrose:
So how long are we sticking with "the voters are stupid?" Until 2024? 2028? Politics is sales. If you can't sell you're product, you can't win...

Like I said, good luck with 2020...

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
As I said before it hasn't been leftists losing these bouts:francis:

Y'all got it though
What alternate reality are you living in where Bernie-wing Democrats haven't been losing left and right (Mello, Quist, Kimberly Ellis)? Or Bernie endorsed policies haven't been soundly rejected? It's definitely not as simple as "go left, or get your asses kicked".

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So how long are we sticking with "the voters are stupid?" Until 2024? 2028? Politics is sales. If you can't sell you're product, you can't win...

Like I said, good luck with 2020...
What if the electorate is strongly against the product you're trying to sell? How do you reach an electorate that doesn't care for higher min. wage, free college, universal healthcare, lower drug pricing, strong social safety net, etc.?

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What if the electorate is strongly against the product you're trying to sell? How do you reach an electorate that doesn't care for higher min. wage, free college, universal healthcare, lower drug pricing, strong social safety net, etc.?
Is that what you're selling? Or are we selling A russia conspiracy and the fact Trump is a big meanie??

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
What if the electorate is strongly against the product you're trying to sell? How do you reach an electorate that doesn't care for equal civil rights, equal education, equal healthcare, an end to predatory real estate and banking activities, end to racial segregation, police brutality, etc? higher min. wage, free college, universal healthcare, lower drug pricing, strong social safety net, etc.?

You see what you nikkas sound like?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Nah nikka. Own your bullshyt. You either trying to get those suburban Republicans who are intrigued by let's deal with the deficit talk or you're not. One second is we need these votes next second is these voters will never change.

I'm talking about the fact that Twitter was zzz about Ossoff and y'all see y'all losing and y'all act like nikkas were out here sabotaging him. While nikkas were losing their shyt over that Mello dudes past history and acted like it wasn't worth shyt to help the other races. fukk your idea of unity b.
Eat a WHOLE dikk talking sideways to me you child.

You know nothing about the district. fukk outta here.

Handel shoved all that liberal shyt out the window and y'all talking about going MORE left.

Ya man aint even in the party. Go join him. Y'all can't be satisfied. Not to mention, I don't see Bernie candidates winning shyt.