George Lucas Says "Fans Would Have Hated" His Star Wars Sequels

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
This whole thing is a perfect illustration of the essential "problem" with people.

Star Wars OT ain't even all that gripping. I don't sit and watch them when they come on.

In fact, I'd be more inclined to stop and watch scenes from the prequels. In Sci fi type of flicks I only tend to rewatch the action and cool shyt. Star Wars OT is somewhat short on dope ass fights or chases

Basically a really decent Trilogy is what the original Star Wars was

Then the fans got to jerking off to it endlessly over the next several years to the point where Phantom Menace couldn't even just be it's own movie. Everyone who saw it "woulda did it like this"

Mind you, this guy INVENTED the Summer blockbuster, but every single fan knows more than he does

They let their hype for a new movie in the series overwhelm the actual movie. In fact, there's probably no product that could have been delivered that would make the fans feel like the hype was lived up to

So they berate the poor guy to the point where he trolls them and let's someone else do it

And howdy doody boy oh boy did Disney screw the pooch. It's all KK's fault for not having a damn plan and just letting it happen haphazardly. And having no Earthly clue what these fans wanna see

So now the fans will not admit that they fukced up. They could have been polite to the man and maybe he would have kept going but they will likely never get another "real" Star Wars again.

They whined themselves out of their object of obsession. Like a bunch of ungrateful ass kids who have their field trip cancelled en route cause they can't be the fukc quiet for 5 minutes

Even after Lucas and Disney both walk away from SW they will still be out there biching at max volume about why nobody wants their asses.

I get where youre coming from, i really do...

I ALWAYS though people were too hard on GL about those prequels, especially considering that he never had to make them in the first place. He could have said 4,5,6 and thats all TF yall get. And today in 2018 i STILL cannot for the life of me understand why midichorians have so many people pissed off. Ive got to be missing something...

That being said, NOOO ONE deserves to be put through this nightmare that we're currently in, man. Be mindful The SW expanded universe plays a part in fan expectations too. There were so many fresh interesting, gripping ideas, storylines and concepts that spawned from EU that really whet everyones appetite with the possibilities that were present. To watch GL not adapt many of those ideas to the films kind of frustrated people.

So KK actively destroying everything that anyone ever liked about SW films books or otherwise is simply tragic.. you cant put it all on the fans but you cant place this all on GL either. I truly think that if anyone in hollywood other than her had the keys to this franchise our prayers would have been answered.

All we needed was a staff of creative people who actually cared about SW and a leader who's goal was to give the ppl what theyve always wanted. In the end loyal fans everywhere were carelessly just stabbed in the back. So they could sell space chickens and girl power t shirts in Disney world. Scust.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This whole thing is a perfect illustration of the essential "problem" with people.

Star Wars OT ain't even all that gripping. I don't sit and watch them when they come on.

In fact, I'd be more inclined to stop and watch scenes from the prequels. In Sci fi type of flicks I only tend to rewatch the action and cool shyt. Star Wars OT is somewhat short on dope ass fights or chases

Basically a really decent Trilogy is what the original Star Wars was

Then the fans got to jerking off to it endlessly over the next several years to the point where Phantom Menace couldn't even just be it's own movie. Everyone who saw it "woulda did it like this"

Mind you, this guy INVENTED the Summer blockbuster, but every single fan knows more than he does

They let their hype for a new movie in the series overwhelm the actual movie. In fact, there's probably no product that could have been delivered that would make the fans feel like the hype was lived up to

So they berate the poor guy to the point where he trolls them and let's someone else do it

And howdy doody boy oh boy did Disney screw the pooch. It's all KK's fault for not having a damn plan and just letting it happen haphazardly. And having no Earthly clue what these fans wanna see

So now the fans will not admit that they fukced up. They could have been polite to the man and maybe he would have kept going but they will likely never get another "real" Star Wars again.

They whined themselves out of their object of obsession. Like a bunch of ungrateful ass kids who have their field trip cancelled en route cause they can't be the fukc quiet for 5 minutes

Even after Lucas and Disney both walk away from SW they will still be out there biching at max volume about why nobody wants their asses.
:thanos:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Prequels get a bad rap, yeah they come off as Shakespeare in space at times but they weren't that bad. Return of the Sith was better than Episode 7 and 8 imo
The only prequel star wars flick I actually hated was Episode 2 which is absolutely horrendous. 0/10

But yea ROTS is better than 7 & 8

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Star wars fans are insufferable. They complain about everything which is why JJ had to play it so safe with TFA. TLJ takes some chances and while it had its problems it had some really dope scenes, the tag team fight with kylo & Rey in the throne room is one of the sickest & fans massacred it. Now we're about to get a safe conclusion. Most of the films are entertaining, they're all flawed. People love being critical.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Star wars fans are insufferable. They complain about everything which is why JJ had to play it so safe with TFA. TLJ takes some chances and while it had its problems it had some really dope scenes, the tag team fight with kylo & Rey in the throne room is one of the sickest & fans massacred it. Now we're about to get a safe conclusion. Most of the films are entertaining, they're all flawed. People love being critical.
Nailed it :ehh:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The "whill" of the universe

giphy.gif

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
So essentially George Lucas just indirectly told fans that Disney Star Wars is not canon. Also like someone already said George is a great idea man, if he gave his ideas to someone and let them pen it to paper I guarantee you that shyt would have been fire.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
So essentially George Lucas just indirectly told fans that Disney Star Wars is not canon. Also like someone already said George is a great idea man, if he gave his ideas to someone and let them pen it to paper I guarantee you that shyt would have been fire.

All things considered KK and Rian Johnson did ruin the star wars series....:beli: