George Lucas Says "Fans Would Have Hated" His Star Wars Sequels

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the prequels were pure unadulterated trash, boring as fukk, plot stretches just to try to fit in all the characters from eps 4-5, ep 3 was the best of them but still, anakin was played by a whiny bytch, shyt was just trash. it had the advantage of newer technology so the light saber battles were better by default but thats about it, just cause Disney has been mediocre so far, other than rogue one which was fire. lets not revise that the prequels were good

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
This whole thing is a perfect illustration of the essential "problem" with people.

Star Wars OT ain't even all that gripping. I don't sit and watch them when they come on.

In fact, I'd be more inclined to stop and watch scenes from the prequels. In Sci fi type of flicks I only tend to rewatch the action and cool shyt. Star Wars OT is somewhat short on dope ass fights or chases

Basically a really decent Trilogy is what the original Star Wars was

Then the fans got to jerking off to it endlessly over the next several years to the point where Phantom Menace couldn't even just be it's own movie. Everyone who saw it "woulda did it like this"

Mind you, this guy INVENTED the Summer blockbuster, but every single fan knows more than he does

They let their hype for a new movie in the series overwhelm the actual movie. In fact, there's probably no product that could have been delivered that would make the fans feel like the hype was lived up to

So they berate the poor guy to the point where he trolls them and let's someone else do it

And howdy doody boy oh boy did Disney screw the pooch. It's all KK's fault for not having a damn plan and just letting it happen haphazardly. And having no Earthly clue what these fans wanna see

So now the fans will not admit that they fukced up. They could have been polite to the man and maybe he would have kept going but they will likely never get another "real" Star Wars again.

They whined themselves out of their object of obsession. Like a bunch of ungrateful ass kids who have their field trip cancelled en route cause they can't be the fukc quiet for 5 minutes

Even after Lucas and Disney both walk away from SW they will still be out there biching at max volume about why nobody wants their asses.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
based off that small description sounds sorta interesting...would need to hear a more fleshed out version to see where he'd wanna take it

If they went the sc-fi route with a new story with only vague references to maybe the old characters and just did a brand new thing it could play

Batter Up

I'm the first to swing
Daps
"Of course everyone would have hated it, but at least the whole story would have been told."

More or less sums up the last 30 years of his career :ehh: